Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRevelation88
Stranger

Mushrooms as an advanced technology
    #26684690 - 05/21/20 03:13 AM (10 days, 23 hours ago)

I can't cite the source but I remember watching a YouTube video about a guy who was giving a sort of condensed history of human/drug interaction and landed on the subject of shrooms.
He gave me a different perspective on what I considered a high level trip experience (claiming to have done 25+ dried grams) and a new perspective on how psychedelics have been woven into the fabric of society through history.
He continued on to talk about magic mushrooms being some sort of advanced technology for storing and exchanging life experience and this is the perspective i want to write on and possibly get some community feedback on. 
With neuralink and the rise of A.I it's becoming apparent that the symbiosis between man and machine is going to be integrated at a much deeper and faster transfer rate. It's not a stretch for me to imagine biological 3-d printing and save states of the mind.
With that being said is it possible that mushrooms are infact an advanced technology that some race used to preserve the information of self actualization or perhaps even to create an image of themselves in a new vessel that had a new method of storing and replicating important aspect of themselves.
In general I'm wondering what the perception is on particular biological entities being created as tools by hyper intelligent life forms.
There are tons of interesting topics to grasp at here and I'm really not even so much concerned with staying completely relavent to the points and questions I have as much as I'd just like to open up this particular can of worms to the people I consider to be some of the most open minded I've come into contact with.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineYellow Pants

Re: Mushrooms as an advanced technology [Re: Revelation88]
    #26685708 - 05/21/20 03:27 PM (10 days, 10 hours ago)

Advanced life is ambiguous yet we people like to assume we’re the ideal judge of what constitutes it.  Nevertheless McKenna understood and was able to convey this insight.  Spores I believe can survive in vacuum so it’s totally likely they came from another star system, galaxy even.  Likely from an advanced race that’s been monitoring Earth and it’s denizens and could therefore concoct a chemical compound that would interact with the denizen species of Earth in a way that suited their curiosity.  I wouldn’t know what is on their mind of course but that’s my general picture.  There literally is no doubt.

OfflineRevelation88
Stranger

Re: Mushrooms as an advanced technology [Re: Yellow Pants]
    #26687039 - 05/22/20 03:27 AM (9 days, 22 hours ago)

Hmmm. I'm not so sure I think we are of the appropriate experience level to assume either I just find it interesting to ponder. I'd love to hear more of your perspective of what the overall intention might be

OfflineThe Blind AssS
Male User Gallery

#26687045 - 05/22/20 03:38 AM (9 days, 22 hours ago)

More brain less mushroom.

--------------------
See beyond all words and phrases.  If the messenger is attached to the ego, then all the information gets dark and confusing.  Return to the view which is prior to our ego filter.  If you want to know about the past, look at the present outcome. If you want to know the future, look at how you are right now.  Our source of awareness is prior to picking and choosing.  Our body already knows how to give birth to true wisdom.     

Drink up the whole universe...

- Shodo Harada Roshi

OfflineConnectionS
Wise Man!!
Male

Re: Mushrooms as an advanced technology [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26687793 - 05/22/20 12:05 PM (9 days, 14 hours ago)

Agreed.

--------------------
Life is an expression of countless endless words that are true for you and the universe and all the time it will come to your mind life and spirit of humanity and your life you are truly grateful to be alive you are the great one of this universe you are wise and truly endless in your nature...

OfflineYellow Pants

Re: Mushrooms as an advanced technology [Re: Connection]
    #26687833 - 05/22/20 12:33 PM (9 days, 13 hours ago)

I believe I have safe harbor here.  Although I couldn’t imagine what an advanced civilization would want from their chemical compounds and effects on the native species.  Perhaps communication or mere experimentation, aid maybe..

OfflineForrester
dumbfounded dipshit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Re: Mushrooms as an advanced technology [Re: Yellow Pants] * 1
    #26688994 - 05/22/20 09:40 PM (9 days, 4 hours ago)

Am I the only one that believes no matter how advanced AI gets, it will never be able to touch spirit or imitate consciousness at all? 

I just think we have it wrong, matter does not create thought, thought creates matter.  We have it backwards.  The brain is nothing but a processing device, a computer.  No matter how advanced we make them, they cannot think.  Sure they can make decisions based on programming and evolve by learning, but when you smash them, they are done.  Nothing continues on.   

I just find it difficult to understand how people that believe there is a soul or any form of afterlife can think AI is anything but a fancy computer.

Can anyone explain?

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineThe Blind AssS
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms as an advanced technology [Re: Forrester]
    #26689135 - 05/22/20 10:59 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

I don’t know if it’s possible, but I don’t believe for a second that an AI  that has a mind of its own Mind and has a fully Independent functioning sentient awareness and consciousness & nervous system  - that could match the most developed and mature that a humans can possibly be.

I don’t believe it can be created by humanity, not even within the next 100,00 years (fastest possible approximation based off nothing but a hunch and ignorance) all the way up to to another 1,000,000 million years (slowest possible, and crudest guess of an estimation of mine ).

It would take the equivalent of Pc DNA & better programming, software, and hardware and technology  And an unknowable incalculable amount of simulated Evolution, and even then - I’m not confident at all, that whatever comes out of such a process would be what people think it will be.  I would have to wait and see to be able to tell/know anyways....

Even with that much time, I’m not even close to entirely convinced that it can be done.

At best we can have fantastic computers with unfathomable computational powers and the simulacrum of its own “ consciousness & personality” - not a real one mind you, more like a program to automate something that appears to be one to the unexamined eye & to the ignorant - that when maintained & Programmed & used by Humans can do some incredible impressive feats and tasks and multitask a bijillion things all at once etc etc.

Hey - I could be utterly wrong, but for now that’s my opinion  :shrug:

Edited by The Blind Ass (05/22/20 11:07 PM)

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
Re: Mushrooms as an advanced technology [Re: Forrester]
    #26689147 - 05/22/20 11:06 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

One hypothesis is that the mind is merely an antenna for consciousness, another is we are the facets of one mind and another is the simulation theory.

Like when you smash the screen of a tv, its still getting a signal but the display is not working.

As far as we know we could just be NPCs in some higher beings ant farm or PC.

Shit, just recently we created biological artificial life modeled after our own evolutionary knowledge to complete a task then die after a certain amount of cell divisions.

For all we know we may be some rouge biological AI that can tolerate our environment whether for a task, entertainment, and quite possibly a fluke of chance coupled with infinite space and time.

It has always baffled me on why humanity is in such a hurry to get to an unknown destination. It is like our intelligence out paces our wisdom to fully exploit the potential of our own awareness.

Also keep in mind, our fantasy's often become a reality, like that cool touch screen phone that was once a fantasy in the 60's, never thought I would live to see that but it came. Given enough time, everything is possible.

I think the bottom line is that even if we could prove such hypothesis and theories as a fact; what would or could we do with it?

I often wonder if this is all an illusion and that mind comes before matter as well. Like one super 10 minute DMTesk like trip that feels like a lifetime.

All I know is every thing is fractal and as the ancients proclaimed, that we were made in Gods image, not to look like some dude or what ever it is but literally in it's Image or what ever it is, like our RPG worlds on our PC's.

The freakiest thing I've ever experienced on a high dose of lucy and mush is when I walked from my bedroom and grabbed my phone off the counter, then set it on my night stand and then minutes later I reach for it and it is gone. Only to find it back on the kitchen counter. This happened 3 times in the course of two hours, the fourth time, I held it in my hand in bed and kept feeling the contour of it to stay connected to this time and space thinking holy fuck, how can this be?!
I have heard stories of these event loops but thought it was just one of those cool fire side stories. Ever since then I honestly question our consciousness and our reality as we perceive it.
As the wise saying goes, it's not about the destination, it's the experience.:bottledup:

--------------------
The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought

"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".

When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

OfflineThe Blind AssS
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms as an advanced technology [Re: R.I.P.Zappa] * 1
    #26689180 - 05/22/20 11:13 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

About that Phone thing....Sounds like the drug impaired or  just altered your perception/ and- or memory in just the right way so as to create the illusion of what you now say you experienced during that trip.

That’s not uncommon psychedelics.  I’ve had it happen too. - but if you compare your experience to it with a video taped version of the event - you can clearly discern how the “trick” or illusion happened to Help create the circumstances in which such a thing is entirely possible.

Experientially it’s mind blowing though!

Gotta see how the magic trick / illusion works.

--------------------
See beyond all words and phrases.  If the messenger is attached to the ego, then all the information gets dark and confusing.  Return to the view which is prior to our ego filter.  If you want to know about the past, look at the present outcome. If you want to know the future, look at how you are right now.  Our source of awareness is prior to picking and choosing.  Our body already knows how to give birth to true wisdom.     

- Shodo Harada Roshi

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
    #26689239 - 05/22/20 11:38 PM (9 days, 2 hours ago)

Yeah I agree 100% and know better than to take the results of one experience too seriously. It does awaken new perspectives on the nature of our reality precieved in the upper chemical factory though.
Does give me an idea though about recording what I miss while I'm in a deep altered state.  Out of hundreds of high dose trips, it was the first for me and eclipses the wow factor of the weightless out of body, visions or entity sightings. IMO those can be just dismissed easily as part of the dream state. This was a bit to physical for comfort rather than, "out of this world". But yeah, without hard repeatable data ya gotta stick with what ya know to at least explain it away to keep yourself grounded in society and keep sanity intact.
Nothing in the world like trippen to make ya feel alive and curious the next morning. :vibin:

--------------------
The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought

"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".

When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

OfflineThe Blind AssS
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms as an advanced technology [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #26689381 - 05/23/20 01:24 AM (9 days, 53 minutes ago)

Quote:

R.I.P.Zappa said:
Yeah I agree 100% and know better than to take the results of one experience too seriously. It does awaken new perspectives on the nature of our reality precieved in the upper chemical factory though.

Does give me an idea though about recording what I miss while I'm in a deep altered state.  Out of hundreds of high dose trips, it was the first for me and eclipses the wow factor of the weightless out of body, visions or entity sightings. IMO those can be just dismissed easily as part of the dream state. This was a bit to physical for comfort rather than, "out of this world". But yeah, without hard repeatable data ya gotta stick with what ya know to at least explain it away to keep yourself grounded in society and keep sanity intact.
Nothing in the world like trippen to make ya feel alive and curious the next morning. :vibin:

Nice !  I hear you and agree completely.  The awakening of new perspectives on the same reality we always are apart of can be seriously enlightening of itself.  Funny how a change brought about by a minuscule shift in molecules can utterly change how we perceive things, and sometimes for the better!

And yea, it can be almost magically revitalizing, restorative, and enriching to ones life even after one comes down. 

I like where your heads at (and been at) ! 

:peak:

--------------------

- Shodo Harada Roshi

OfflineRevelation88
Stranger

#26689580 - 05/23/20 04:48 AM (8 days, 21 hours ago)

I really appreciate your input. Going along with what you said about our life being something similar to a dmt trip I was thinking very similarly when I had the idea that maybe life is actually the simulation of death.
Maybe death isn't actually real but eternal consciousness benefits from believing that it is.
Just like when you trip you get perspective on your life, life its self could be a trip or the experience of dying in order to gain perspective on our eternal nature. Things tend to hold more value if we perceive them as being finite.

InvisibleFerdinando
Male

#26689683 - 05/23/20 07:21 AM (8 days, 18 hours ago)

when you think of mushrooms as a program because it is all computer it is like it is an alien thing

it's an alien drug intervention or like it

with success!

legalize! :laugh: :smile:

OfflineForrester
dumbfounded dipshit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Re: Mushrooms as an advanced technology [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #26689710 - 05/23/20 07:44 AM (8 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

R.I.P.Zappa said:
Ever since then I honestly question our consciousness and our reality as we perceive it.

I've been doing this a lot lately, and I think it's very beneficial.

Just the simple idea that maybe it's our perception that's a bit skewed can open up a lot of possibilities about the true nature of reality.

All of a sudden you start to think, maybe all these metaphors about we are all one and we are all connected, aren't so much metaphor as literally true... interesting to think about anyway.

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Rational Philosophy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
    #26689759 - 05/23/20 08:26 AM (8 days, 17 hours ago)

Tech, teachers, guides, etc. - it's all the same "description".

I always refer to them as "chemical keys".

Shrooms dissolve psychological boundaries, which is as much a technology as a mechanical pencil makes it easier to write.

OfflineRevelation88
Stranger

Re: Mushrooms as an advanced technology [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26690243 - 05/23/20 01:58 PM (8 days, 12 hours ago)

Loaded shaman I'm actually glad you said that because I've been pondering this other idea about perspective its self and I can't seem to get to the bottom of it.
Doesn't the perspective we choose effect the purpose that we assign to whatever we are looking at through that particular lense?
I get your saying that medicine/technology/teacher what difference does it make what I call it if it does what it does regardless of what lable I assign, but once we assign the labels of perspective don't we automatically assign aspects of its purpose and can't that eventually lead to the result it gives us?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism