Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Injection Ports, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinespypsy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Should I be worried?
    #26683870 - 05/20/20 07:40 PM (9 days, 4 hours ago)

Hello and thanks ahead for reading and considering helping me out! I have some pics of my first tub and would like any tips or opinions on what's going on. I've been waiting to see pins in order to start fruiting process but they don't seem to be coming. My tub may be dead? thank you all again.

Edited by spypsy (05/21/20 08:08 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebeeker
 User Gallery

Re: Should I be worried? [Re: spypsy]
    #26684679 - 05/21/20 02:59 AM (8 days, 21 hours ago)

Worrying won't help. Better pictures would. How long ago did you mix this tub up? I don't see anything that says this tub looks dead. What makes you think that?

Offlinespypsy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Should I be worried? [Re: beeker]
    #26684931 - 05/21/20 08:08 AM (8 days, 16 hours ago)

thank you will get better pics! these were mixed on April 28th. and that's great! I guess i've just been too worried. I'm okay with waiting, patience is key! just something in my head kept saying "get some other opinions something could be wrong". thank you for the reply!

Offlinebeeker
 User Gallery

#26685378 - 05/21/20 12:32 PM (8 days, 11 hours ago)

3 weeks and no pins is a long ass time. what's your spawn to substrate ratio? Mine typically have fruited by 3 weeks even with very little spawn, My hunch is you need more FAE at this point. Do you have a fan going in that room? Also, check out monos with 6 polyfilled holes. Really allows you to dial it in :wink:

Offlinespypsy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Should I be worried? [Re: beeker]
    #26687520 - 05/22/20 09:39 AM (7 days, 14 hours ago)

thanks that makes sense! gonna give more FAE and my next tub make sure to have a fan. I've had them in a closet.

OfflineRealMcCoy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
    #26689432 - 05/23/20 02:05 AM (6 days, 22 hours ago)

http://

I am new here, and this is my first gourmet grow. So I think i used too much water in my jars. I did six jars with BRF that were sterilized in a PC and 6 that were pasturized manure. I had to toss all the manure b/c of a greenish blue mold.

OfflineRealMcCoy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
Re: Should I be worried? [Re: RealMcCoy]
    #26689440 - 05/23/20 02:19 AM (6 days, 21 hours ago)

So the most recent jars I have inoculated are popcorn, mineral water, and coffee that were PC'd.  I did a injection port w/silicon and a polyfill filter that I taped and hot glued in.  Surprisingly the hot glue survived just barely, it was nice and wet after 60 mins at 15PSI. When I inoculated I used a lighter and alcohol pad in a closed box to keep contamination out and then I hot glued the injection ports for good measure.

OfflineDJ EdS
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
    #26689577 - 05/23/20 04:47 AM (6 days, 19 hours ago)

A month sounds way too slow. If I follow BOD’s Unmodified tub tek, once I spawn to the monotub, skip consolidation, put straight into fruiting, I have pins within two weeks, and harvest the first flush less than two weeks later. So from spawning to harvest, under a month. Last time I followed this method was with Mazatapec; I got just over 1kg wet first flush and 700g wet second flush.

Crack open the tub lids and get some air in there, pinning is very aerobic :thumbup:

For info, I’ve got 2 sets of rye grain jars being spawned today; I am going to experiment by consolidating one tub for two weeks, then I’ll case, then put into fruiting a few days later; the other tub I am going to put straight into fruiting. This should give me an idea whether the harvest weight is affected by a) not consolidating, and b) by not casing. One strin is Red Boy, the other is PES Amazonian. And as a reward for my hard work, I’ll be taking 4g dry Golden Teacher later :awesome:

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Offlinededa_mraz
Stranger

Loc: Siberia
Re: Should I be worried? [Re: RealMcCoy]
    #26689787 - 05/23/20 08:41 AM (6 days, 15 hours ago)

What is the melting point of hot glue? It gets 120 deg C in the pressure cooker, it might melt.
Use high temperature RTV silicone you can find it in home depot.
https://www.permatex.com/products/gasketing/gasket-makers/permatex-high-temp-red-rtv-silicone-gasket/

Also, maybe start your own post, if it's not related. It gets confusing for people and you'll get more answers.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Injection Ports, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started