Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, pH Test Strips, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYumyumyumyum
Stranger
 User Gallery

Cause of cake condition after first flush?
    #26688981 - 05/22/20 09:35 PM (15 days, 4 hours ago)

Occasionally, I will get a cake that turns a darker color and more slick/glossy surface that produces small black or no pins and is squishy to the touch. They still smell fine but I end up tossing them to make room for new cakes. The color is vermeclite colorish little bit of darker hue. It is not bruising but almost the same color of stem clusters after they have rotted on the cake.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerumfor69
Boomer
Male

Loc: In the Gills
Re: Cause of cake condition after first flush? [Re: Yumyumyumyum]
    #26689327 - 05/23/20 12:37 AM (15 days, 1 hour ago)

Without a pic it's hard to tell what is going on with it

--------------------
▪︎:mushroomgrow::mspoil::scaryshroom:▪︎
                                          Misting & FAE              Everything You Need To Know

OfflineYumyumyumyum
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cause of cake condition after first flush? [Re: rumfor69]
    #26690881 - 05/23/20 07:39 PM (14 days, 5 hours ago)

They look like these but a bit darker and slicker. I ended up tossing them ASAP but was curious as to what the mistake I was making.

Bottom right cake is an example I had a month ago the cake just got worse never produced anything than a few small black heads. The three other samples were going that direction.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2020
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #26690927 - 05/23/20 08:13 PM (14 days, 5 hours ago)

They darker ones could have had a bacterial infection. If so, rinse well under semi-warm water before dunking between flushes.

Also the bubbler method for your FC is quite dated. I would just use wet perlite and take the polyfill out the holes on the sides of the FC.

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin
PROJECT BLUE BOOK RELEASED (312pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits                                                           
R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) || OEF 2017 :sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival :: Aug 19th to 21st :: It was Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti:  :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink:

OfflineYumyumyumyum
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cause of cake condition after first flush? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26691291 - 05/23/20 11:38 PM (14 days, 2 hours ago)

The case got a nice update(Double boxes) that is an older picture. Deeper Perlite, lots of FAE holes at every level. I am getting decent production just curious as to why I get a busted cake. Its texture as I mentioned is squishy, not firm like a good cake. I added the bubbler to see what it would do, I did not know if people used them or not. I just started this little adventure in December and have enjoyed all the different elements(Even though agar pisses me off!)

Would you suggest any scraping or peroxide?

Offlinevinnie boombotz
Reggaejunkiejew
 User Gallery

#26691459 - 05/24/20 01:21 AM (14 days, 18 minutes ago)

Even though they don't have stomachs, mushrooms excrete waste. After each flush, more builds up and the ph lowers. I believe that's why tossing a used substrate outside into natural soil will produce more mushrooms.  Someone has to discover a  biotic solution to soak substrates after they have flushed.  At least you could soak it in a high ph to take care of the acid secretions

Does anyone know exactly what the toxic wastes mushrooms secrete actually are  Bacteria, probly a psudomona That feeds on these wastes?

--------------------

Edited by vinnie boombotz (05/24/20 01:25 AM)

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Re: Cause of cake condition after first flush? [Re: vinnie boombotz]
    #26691638 - 05/24/20 04:28 AM (13 days, 21 hours ago)

If you are flame sterilizing your needle, (and not wiping it with ISO after - that's a big mistake people make) , any cake contamination is usually from the spore syringe.
Spore prints are taken from fruits grown in open air, can't get a sterile print, and by extension a sterile syringe.
They are usually clean enough for BRF cakes but it's not always the case.

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

OfflineYumyumyumyum
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cause of cake condition after first flush? [Re: mushpunx]
    #26692988 - 05/24/20 06:00 PM (13 days, 7 hours ago)

Interesting about the ISO I do not wipe it after the flame but before. I have 7 prints from various good samples, a bunch of agar plates(Hit or miss). I learn on two of my plates a lot because of the high % success rate. When I try different stuff it tends to have a higher chance of failure. Like anything else its a 6 weeks planning process I am just getting to a good point. I just get pisses seeing a cake that takes 4-6 weeks to produce something go to waste. I am ok with jars going bad in the first week its not like verm and BR are rare items. I have tried the PH soak not sure if it did much as well as adding a tad in my bubbler.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, pH Test Strips, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation