Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
High as a kite ;)
Male User Gallery

Loc: BC and BCS
Hard time germing a tough swab.
    #26687986 - 05/22/20 11:44 AM (14 days, 20 hours ago)

I posted this in cult but it got buried.

So I have been doing a lot of agar work the last few months. Very high success using various methods. I usually use an inoculation loop. I used a RW swab my first ever time with agar and all 6 dishes grew out strong. Last week I tried inoculating using sterile swabs from prints and all 25 plates show growth. My methods seems to be working over 100s of plates.
Now comes PE. I don't know if it is just me but my numbers seem to show otherwise. I have tried a PE-Uncut, PE-Melmac, 2 APE swabs with zero success. :frown: Seriously probably 50 plates and not a single one showed PE mycelium. About half did nothing and the other half eventually contaminated.
I tried lightly dragging the swab, roughly dragging, rolling, prodding, scraping off the tip into the dish, cutting off the whole tip and leaving it in the dish, putting tip in sterile water in a sterile shot glass and sucking up said solution into sterile syringe then placing on agar, low nute agar, soft agar, dog food agar, potatoe agar, grain water agar... and anything else I have seen on here. All work done in SAB with low contamination rate otherwise. Swabs came from 2 different vendors and both have sent replacements. I have more swabs and would like to get some PE going here. Can anyone please help me!

--------------------
Then why did i have the bowl Bart? Why'd i have the Bowl???

Edited by Luv_The_Cyans (05/22/20 12:43 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleApples in Mono
Diamonds on My Fishsticks

Re: Hard to germ a tough swab. [Re: Luv_The_Cyans]
    #26688079 - 05/22/20 12:25 PM (14 days, 20 hours ago)

Hmmm.... 3 varieties, 2 different vendors + replacements, 50 plates of various nutes and nute levels? But high success outside of the PE swabs?

Weird.

I don't have any idea at the moment, but I'm curious to see how this thread plays out.

Have you continued germinating anything else in the meantime? Are non PE varieties still germinating for you since these PE attempts started?

Edit: I guess so, if you germed some swabs last week

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
High as a kite ;)
Male User Gallery

Loc: BC and BCS
Re: Hard to germ a tough swab. [Re: Apples in Mono]
    #26688125 - 05/22/20 12:43 PM (14 days, 19 hours ago)

Yeah I don't know what's up. Every print I have ever had grew something and even if it was contaminated I could clean it up. At first I was sure I was doing something wrong but now I'm starting to wonder. Maybe just bad luck with the swabs but 4 in a row?

--------------------
Then why did i have the bowl Bart? Why'd i have the Bowl???

InvisibleApples in Mono
Diamonds on My Fishsticks

Re: Hard to germ a tough swab. [Re: Luv_The_Cyans]
    #26688251 - 05/22/20 01:49 PM (14 days, 18 hours ago)

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. How long have the plates been sitting?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started