Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 1685 | 1686 | 1687 | 1688 | 1689 | 1690 | 1691 | 1692 | 1693 | 1694 | 1695 | 1696 | 1697 | 1698 | 1699 | 1700 | 1701 | 1702 | 1703 | 1704 | 1705 | Next > | Last >
OfflinePsyche delics
Hypochondriac
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #26685657 - 05/21/20 12:54 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Spore syringes aren't sterile and usually result in higher contamn rates unless you put it on agar. I always put spores to agar never to spawn or brf or whatever. Also those are the wrong jars you might have some issues getting that out in one piece. I would start doing agar so you don't have to play the guessing game. You also probably have more than enough spores in that syringe. What are your temps too?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Gastronomicus] * 1
    #26685668 - 05/21/20 01:03 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

That jar is overhydration aswell. You can do spore to BRF but expect a failure rate increase because fruiting is not sterile. So the mushrooms that dropped the spores were not grown in a sterile environment.

I recently did some BRF and Coir cakes with spores to BRF.

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Psyche delics]
    #26685670 - 05/21/20 01:04 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I'm getting agar going later today. It's been hard to get petris or glad containers or any of the usually recommended tools because I live in South America. Hence the weird jars. Nobody does any canning down here so you can't find wide mouth bell jars. I'm going to be breaking the cakes up and spawning them to coir shoeboxes anyway. Temps fluctuate between 50 and 70 here.

I know MS isn't sterile but PF tek definitely works with MS as evidenced by thousands and thousands of grows around the world.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

OfflinePsyche delics
Hypochondriac
Male User Gallery

#26685709 - 05/21/20 01:28 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Of course it works I think we've all probably done MS in some way here but agar is just way more efficient. Those temps aren't great either I don't like to let my space go below 70F.those jars could also be stalled due to some type of contam you can't see.

--------------------

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Sockadin]
    #26685715 - 05/21/20 01:33 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sockadin said:
That jar is overhydration aswell.

Really? I did 2 cups verm to 1 cup brf and 1 cup water. Verm was at field capacity. Anyway, This is just a little side project until I get my pastyplates going. Then Agar to Grain to Bulk. I just thought the uneven colonization was peculiar.

--------------------

LAGM2024

Offlineouuwee
Garden of Weeden
 User Gallery

#26686067 - 05/21/20 04:35 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Are these pasta sauce jars air tight? Thinking about cleaning them up and using it to store dried mushrooms

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: ouuwee]
    #26686165 - 05/21/20 05:21 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

They seem to be. I was a little worried because they don't have rings but so far so good. Any contam I've had have come from either dirty syringes or improper sterilization. I'll be trying with grains soon and I'll let you know but the BRF seems ok

--------------------

LAGM2024

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26686361 - 05/21/20 07:02 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Gastronomicus said:
Hey folks, I knocked up some BRF jars on 9/5, six in total. I used a spore syringe that I made out of a spore print that I took. 1 of the jars contamed early, must have not properly sterilized, but 5 have shown no signs of contaminants. Unfortunately they haven't shown signs of anything else, except for 1. 1 has some nice beautiful myc and has since, I dunno last Friday or so. But I see nothing else in any of the jars OR the other inoculation point of the one colonized jar. I know MS has some variability but it seems to me a little strange that there's only one visible point of growth out of 10. I wonder if I didn't get enough spores into my syringe or if I didn't mix it properly. Saturday will be 14 days, should I re-sterilize and reinoculate if I don't see anything by then?

Here's the good jar

U wont be able to birth that jar. U can either top fruit or turn into spawn using a spoon/knife.

The substrate is a bit too wet but should be OK.

OfflinePsyche delics
Hypochondriac
Male User Gallery

#26686451 - 05/21/20 07:40 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

How did you sterilize?

--------------------

Invisiblegizmo1
Other User Gallery

Loc: FREEDOM Flag
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26686825 - 05/21/20 10:39 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Quote:

Gastronomicus said:
Hey folks, I knocked up some BRF jars on 9/5, six in total. I used a spore syringe that I made out of a spore print that I took. 1 of the jars contamed early, must have not properly sterilized, but 5 have shown no signs of contaminants. Unfortunately they haven't shown signs of anything else, except for 1. 1 has some nice beautiful myc and has since, I dunno last Friday or so. But I see nothing else in any of the jars OR the other inoculation point of the one colonized jar. I know MS has some variability but it seems to me a little strange that there's only one visible point of growth out of 10. I wonder if I didn't get enough spores into my syringe or if I didn't mix it properly. Saturday will be 14 days, should I re-sterilize and reinoculate if I don't see anything by then?

Here's the good jar

U wont be able to birth that jar. U can either top fruit or turn into spawn using a spoon/knife.

The substrate is a bit too wet but should be OK.

Naaaaaaa. This what you do.
Once it fully colonizes you take a hammer and hit the jar right on the seam. Boom. Single use pasta sauce jar turns into a single use brf cake jar.
Like boomshakalaka.
Lol im just drunk but it seriously works I've used the wrong jar a couple times.

--------------------
Trade List
🖕🖕🖕
6 hole Mini Monos

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: PiggyPig]
    #26686827 - 05/21/20 10:40 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PiggyPig said:
Anyone ever try Cannacoco brand coir? I have had great results with it. During this whole Corona thing I had to try some different brands and found them all inferior to the Cannacoco. Maybe my recipe was off using the different brand but the results were night and day. My trays usually take 8-10 days to colonise, but with the other brands, it is at least 12 and the growth isn't nearly as nice.

I use a 950g brick unbroken in the bottom of a 5 gallon pail. Add 3500mL of boiling tap water with 120g of plaster of paris mixed in once boiling. Pour onto dry coir, place lid on pail and wait a few minutes. Add 500g of verm, replace lid and shake the hell out of it. Let is sit overnight and its perfect every time.

The trays made with the other coir brands are cycling through the fruiting tent right now and I'm getting contams here and there and rather random and slow growth. I have never had a contam on a tray from Cannacoco until after the second flush at the earliest.

Anyone else ever try this brand? I'm not sure how available it is in other countries.

I have had exactly the opposite experience w that brand. Unfortunately i still have like 20kg of it that ill never use. Its one of the trich treated brands

I know i know i know, dirty spawn is what fucks tubs typically.. but i A/Bd it after losing 8 tubs before 2nd flush, and using spawn from the same spawn bags, canna stuff went green and ecoearth stuff is on its 4th flush and still golden

Not one tub out of about 40 contamd before 3rd flush before i switched to cannacoir, then ALL those did, and not one since i quit using it. I controlled for every variable i could think of, and cant blame it on anything but the cannacoir

Glad it went well for you tho lol

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Invisiblegizmo1
Other User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26686829 - 05/21/20 10:43 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

c10h12n2o said:
Quote:

PiggyPig said:
Anyone ever try Cannacoco brand coir? I have had great results with it. During this whole Corona thing I had to try some different brands and found them all inferior to the Cannacoco. Maybe my recipe was off using the different brand but the results were night and day. My trays usually take 8-10 days to colonise, but with the other brands, it is at least 12 and the growth isn't nearly as nice.

I use a 950g brick unbroken in the bottom of a 5 gallon pail. Add 3500mL of boiling tap water with 120g of plaster of paris mixed in once boiling. Pour onto dry coir, place lid on pail and wait a few minutes. Add 500g of verm, replace lid and shake the hell out of it. Let is sit overnight and its perfect every time.

The trays made with the other coir brands are cycling through the fruiting tent right now and I'm getting contams here and there and rather random and slow growth. I have never had a contam on a tray from Cannacoco until after the second flush at the earliest.

Anyone else ever try this brand? I'm not sure how available it is in other countries.

I have had exactly the opposite experience w that brand. Unfortunately i still have like 20kg of it that ill never use. Its one of the trich treated brands

I know i know i know, dirty spawn is what fucks tubs typically.. but i A/Bd it after losing 8 tubs before 2nd flush, and using spawn from the same spawn bags, canna stuff went green and ecoearth stuff is on its 4th flush and still golden

Not one tub out of about 40 contamd before 3rd flush before i switched to cannacoir, then ALL those did, and not one since i quit using it. I controlled for every variable i could think of, and cant blame it on anything but the cannacoir

Glad it went well for you tho lol

Bro I'd be more than happy to take that off your hands. I know trich is no good but I want to see if I can get it to work if not I have a big ass raised bed garden that needs filling lmao.

--------------------
Trade List
🖕🖕🖕
6 hole Mini Monos

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: gizmo1]
    #26686836 - 05/21/20 10:49 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Lol im down, i was just gonna use it for outdoor projects, cacti, etc, as well

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Invisiblegizmo1
Other User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26686850 - 05/21/20 11:03 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Lol well shit if you have a use for it use it up if not I will pay for shipping on it.

--------------------
Trade List
🖕🖕🖕
6 hole Mini Monos

OfflineYeetusdeetus
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: gizmo1]
    #26687686 - 05/22/20 09:12 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

C10 how’d you prep your coir? I’ve heard some brands are treated with trich since it’s intended for plants. If you haven’t already maybe try pasteurizing or sterilizing it.

--------------------

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Yeetusdeetus]
    #26687706 - 05/22/20 09:20 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I've heard that a bunch but all the coco coir I can find here, whether it be intended for gardening, or even fro cannabis growig (from hydro shops) I've never seen anything to indicate it has actual trich added.

I'm curious if this is a myth or if there is actually coir out there which explictly states it's full of trich :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineGan
Wielder of Narya
Male

Loc: Valinor
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #26687844 - 05/22/20 10:42 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I've just recently began having luck with streaking my plates. Before (probably cause I was fucking something up), I'd just get maybe 1 or 2 germination points, so it was pretty straightforward where to transfer from. This time I have multiple germination points. So, should I be transferring from points farther along in the streak pattern. As in farther from where I initially started the streak? My thinking is just that as the streak goes along the plate, the potential contam will be more likely/more concentrated at the initial point versus the end of the streak. Although that reasoning could be complete bullshit. Here's some pics of my plates. 12 o'clock is where I started the streak on each plate and closer to 6 o'clock is where the streak pattern ended.

So, should I be transferring from the germination points closer to 6 o'clock? or does it not really matter? Also, pictures came out a little grainy. Idk why.

--------------------

OfflineYeetusdeetus
 User Gallery

#26687866 - 05/22/20 10:51 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

From cannagardening.com referring to cannacoco
Quote:

Remember that coco is a `living substrate’ and it should be treated as an entire eco-system which consists of beneficial microbes who make their home in the coco particles. This beneficial microbial life plays an important role in soilless systems as many fungi have a protectant effect on the plant’s root system and have been proven to suppress plant pathogens as well as other possible benefits with nutrient uptake and plant growth. While other growing substrates start out as ster best left in its original state or even inoculated with populations of beneficial microbes such as Trichoderma. These populations of beneficial microbes in coco are to be encouraged and for that reason harsh sterilising chemicals such as chlorine bleach, hydrogen peroxide and even boiling water should not be used on coco substrates at any stage.

--------------------

InvisibleRoger Clemency
Smile
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Yeetusdeetus]
    #26687993 - 05/22/20 11:46 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Haha yeetus I was about to post that same excerpt. There is a typo in the sentence directly addressing trichoderma so it’s hard to say if they add it themselves or are just saying that it’s good to have in there.

That whole thing is an interesting read though. http://www.cannagardening.com/growing_with_coco

--------------------
Sour grapes, sweet revenge
Heaven starts right where hell ends

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26688006 - 05/22/20 11:51 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

sh4d0ws said:
I've heard that a bunch but all the coco coir I can find here, whether it be intended for gardening, or even fro cannabis growig (from hydro shops) I've never seen anything to indicate it has actual trich added.

I'm curious if this is a myth or if there is actually coir out there which explictly states it's full of trich :shrug:

I'll make this easy. Whether they added it themselves or not, if its not sterile, its got trich in it. Just like everything else in the world. Mold is ubiquitous and omnipresent.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 1685 | 1686 | 1687 | 1688 | 1689 | 1690 | 1691 | 1692 | 1693 | 1694 | 1695 | 1696 | 1697 | 1698 | 1699 | 1700 | 1701 | 1702 | 1703 | 1704 | 1705 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale