Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebrindle foxx
Doing it my way
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Oyster shelf life?
    #26630127 - 04/26/20 03:17 PM (1 month, 2 days ago)

What is the best way to store oysters?

I know with shiitake it can be kept in crates in a refrigerated area or in paper bags
And stay fresh for a while. How long is a while exactly?
And with oysters I know they don’t stay fresh as long so if im producing more than i cab get rid of how long can I ideally store and keep them before they are un sellable?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Onlineseagu

Re: Oyster shelf life? [Re: brindle foxx]
    #26631454 - 04/27/20 06:00 AM (1 month, 2 days ago)

I have seen recommendations on here, over the years. Store in a paper bag or box in a fridge sort of thing. Or container with holes in it. So, when I do that the mushrooms dry out real quick. And I noticed one day, years back, that the button mushrooms I bought from the store was starting to be sold completely sealed and they lasted longer now than the old way of them storing in containers with holes, open air, bag, etc. So, I decided to try storing my oysters in ziplock bags and also the plastic tupperware type containers in the fridge and see what happened.. they lasted a long time that way. Whether there is some reason they should not be stored like that and sold and for what shelf life I cannot say. I haven't done that and sold any.. only personally eaten them and checking of course to make sure nothing went bad, the same as I would with any food.

--------------------
Plan to win or you are planning for failure. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it. Just figure out the solution. Even if that means banging your head on a wall until the solution oozes out of you.

OfflineChuck Shroomer
Stranger
Re: Oyster shelf life? [Re: seagu]
    #26680268 - 05/19/20 04:06 AM (11 days, 8 hours ago)

For mushrooms you are selling you must also remember that the person buying them probably will not eat them immediately. If you can not sell them within a few days of harvest then consider dehydrating them or using other preservation methods so nothing will go bad before it can be used and you and your customers will be happy.

OnlineForrester
dumbfounded dipshit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Re: Oyster shelf life? [Re: Chuck Shroomer]
    #26682909 - 05/20/20 09:28 AM (10 days, 2 hours ago)

You should see the oysters they try to sell at my local grocery store.  I actually made the guy throw away a couple pounds the other day because they smelled like rotten fish and it could have been a safety issue for someone...  :puke:

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms