Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMycoWill
Stranger
Humidifier recommendation for a 8x8 grow tent
    #26652460 - 05/06/20 08:20 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hello all,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a humidifier for a 8'x8' hydroponic grow tent. I was thinking either a hydrofogger (mini or full size) or a ultra sonic disc and tote setup. If you think the ultrasonic disc setup is better, how many discs would you recommend? If the hydrofogger is better in this situation, would you get the mini or full size?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidifier recommendation for a 8x8 grow tent [Re: MycoWill]
    #26654000 - 05/06/20 10:27 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I have a 10 x 4 room and the 9 disk I bought from the house of hydro was barely enough. I went through two of them in 6 months at $300 each. So from my personal experience, I don't recommend the ultrasonic foggers. I know nothing about the hydrofogger because I just built a high-pressure mist from a pressure washer that is going on two years now without having to do anything to it for maintenance. It cost me about $200 to $250 to build. Or you can build a mist pump for I believe about $400 to $500. I will leave a link on how I built mine and a video on how to build a high-quality mist pump if you just want to buy a pump...

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25450089#25450089

if I was going to build a pump I would buy it here...

https://car-wash.kleen-ritecorp.com/search?ts=custom&w=CAT%201CX05

OfflinePinkStormtrooper
Jet-Puffed

Loc: 10001110101 Flag
Re: Humidifier recommendation for a 8x8 grow tent [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26654420 - 05/07/20 05:23 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

https://www.fogmaster.com/hand_held_5330.htm

I am thinking about something like this with a toilet valve tote and timer but I have not done anything yet still all mental work

--------------------
"say, you got a little astroglide on your moustache"

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dept of know what I'm say... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidifier recommendation for a 8x8 grow tent [Re: PinkStormtrooper]
    #26654442 - 05/07/20 05:46 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I've been using a hydrofogger for about 6 months now. It works OK. Not great but ok. It makes a big puddle in the floor everyday that I have to vacuum up. I have to run a little fan beside it blowing up to help spread the fog. Also I have to tear it completely apart every couple of weeks to clean it. It's kind of pain in the ass to tear down completely

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidifier recommendation for a 8x8 grow tent [Re: Stromrider]
    #26655156 - 05/07/20 01:07 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Stormrider what size room is your hydrofogger in and how often do you have to clean the hydrofogger? Cleaning was the worst part of having the house of hydro style pond foggers other than them not lasting for me. In my opinion, High-pressure mist is the correct way to go I have basically forgotten about mine for two years without a problem. Of course, you wouldn't want high-pressure mist in an upstairs bedroom though. So it all depends on where you have your grow room located.

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26655325 - 05/07/20 02:51 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

It's in 8' x 10' room. I dump and clean out the water reservoir every week and I completely tear it apart and clean it every 2 to 3 weeks. It gets super gross

Did you have your ultrasonic in the growroom? I would assume if you had it outside the room and blew it in it would keep it a lot cleaner. It wouldn't be sucking spores

I'm afraid to pump anything into my room that causes any sort of positive pressure. My growroom is in my basement so it's air exchange is done with just an exhaust fan sucking out of the growroom and blowing outside. Air is sucked from within the house passively when the exhaust kicks on. This ensures the air is preconditioned and keeps the humidity and spores from seeping out into my home

OfflineMycoWill
Stranger
    #26655864 - 05/07/20 07:31 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Ah yes, I completely forgot about high pressure systems. I believe that will be the way I go. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26655966 - 05/07/20 08:14 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Shroomsisay01 I was looking into your parts list on your mister and the first link for the nozzles doesn't work anymore. Any suggestions?

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26656076 - 05/07/20 09:21 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

These are the ones I used...

https://www.mistworks.net/product/104-10/

If you have low ceilings you need .004"/.10mm mist nozzles. I have 7-foot ceilings and these were perfect. I would guess they would work well for up to 10 feet high ceilings after that you might have to use a larger nozzle.

I suggest buying enough to change them out and so you can clean them and not have much time where you misting system is not operational.

This is the filter system I used and I haven't had to change the filters yet...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079NX153V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26656128 - 05/07/20 09:41 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Stromrider said:
It's in 8' x 10' room. I dump and clean out the water reservoir every week and I completely tear it apart and clean it every 2 to 3 weeks. It gets super gross

Did you have your ultrasonic in the grow room? I would assume if you had it outside the room and blew it in it would keep it a lot cleaner. It wouldn't be sucking spores

I'm afraid to pump anything into my room that causes any sort of positive pressure. My grow room is in my basement so it's air exchange is done with just an exhaust fan sucking out of the grow room and blowing outside. Air is sucked from within the house passively when the exhaust kicks on. This ensures the air is preconditioned and keeps the humidity and spores from seeping out into my home

Yes, I had my tote outside and pumped the humidity in but it didn't help. As I said I went through two 9 disk foggers in 6 months. Everyone told me you could not make a high-pressure system from a power washer but it is going on 2 years now without a problem other than poping a cheap nozzle line I bought just in case it didn't work well. I upgraded the line and I haven't thought about it since. The best thing I ever did was not listen to the people that told me it could not be done. The mushrooms love it also much more than the house of hydro pond foggers. There are ways to get a backup pressure washer for free also. At least I did. If the pressure washer goes down. I will switch it out and use another trick to get it replaced for free.

I use a passive system also to bring fresh air in but I leave my fan on 24/7. I have no problem keeping the humidity up with the pressure washer. I used to hate cleaning my pond fogger reservoir. Thank God that is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26656965 - 05/08/20 09:19 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you for the information

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26657121 - 05/08/20 10:37 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

No problem. If you decide to try it and you have a question I will do my best to answer it. It might be better to ask on the TEK's page. So other people will be able to see it easily if they are having the same problem. The only modification I would make is I would put a drain plug somewhere on the mist line. I would use a 3-way tee and a high pressure cut off. That way you can drain the system easily to change a clogged nozzle or any other thing that might go wrong. I only had to change out a clogged nozzle once but I got soaked because I didn't have a drain. If you decide to put a drain on I would stay away from the drain plugs for mist systems. I believe they drain the system every time the system shuts off. My system shuts off for 10 mins and is on for 10 to 15 seconds so the line would have to refill every time it comes on. You don't have to have a drain but it would make things nicer.

https://www.mistworks.net/product/sl3-t/

OfflineYeetusdeetus
 User Gallery

#26662331 - 05/10/20 12:35 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Damn I was about to pull the trigger on a 12 disc fogger and build my own humidifier. SHROOMSISAY, If you don’t mind me asking, were you using distilled or RO water for your ultrasonic? If not do you think that could be part of the reason why they failed so early? I’ve heard the smaller water particles are better for mushrooms but I don’t know how true that is. I’ll definitely take a look at your high pressure mist method if it seems the ultrasonic is just gonna break in a couple months.

--------------------

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidifier recommendation for a 8x8 grow tent [Re: Yeetusdeetus]
    #26662789 - 05/10/20 04:54 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I was using aquasana reverse osmosis water. But let me be clear. I bought a 1 disk fogger from the house of hydro that I used for much longer over a year in a small grow tent and I am sure it still works. So it may have just been the 9 disk that does not last. My mushrooms are much happier with the pressure wash system than they ever were with the pond foggers. I don't know when the pressure washer will stop working but it has outlasted my expectations by a long shot. It only runs for 10 secs every 10 mins. My plan was to use this until I saved enough money to build a cat pump. But this works so well. I see no need to change it. I got a backup pump from sun joe for free. Because I thought it was leaking. Turns out you have to tighten the fittings on the back. LOL. Who would have thought you had to tighten things up? Anyway, I can only speak about my own experience and I am not floating my own boat when I say this thing is awesome. The added bonus is not cleaning. I had one clogged nozzle in the beginning. But I am sure that was because I didn't flush the system enough. Or I would have had more nozzles clog since then.

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26662811 - 05/10/20 05:07 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I forgot to mention I have helped two people build the system and I haven't heard anything bad from them. So I am guessing everything is going well for them. Just like for me. Right now I got $600 into two pieces of junk sitting in my basement doing nothing. I got $200-$250 into a pressure washer system that works flawlessly. It is only $250 if you want a low water cutoff so you don't burn up the pressure washer if the water gets cut off. Most people will tell you a high-pressure system will run you upwards of $1000. but trust me it can be done much cheaper.

OfflineMycoWill
Stranger
    #26680596 - 05/19/20 08:18 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I can't seem to source any high pressure nozzles in Canada and I'm looking at 6 weeks to get them in from China or 3-4 from the US. Would low pressure nozzles work on this system temporarily? I believe the difference is the spring inside the nozzle?

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26680970 - 05/19/20 11:59 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

send the link for the low-pressure nozzles. I will see what I can do. I am currently in the process of buying everything so I can just sell a kit it will hook up by a water hose to make it easy for everyone to hook up to there piping.

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26681232 - 05/19/20 02:08 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I was going to send you to mistcooling to get high-pressure barb and springs but that won't help you the shipping time will probably be long also. Here it is anyway...

https://www.mistcooling.com/spring-burb-for-antidrip.html

Edited by SHROOMSISAY01 (05/19/20 02:09 PM)

OfflineMycoWill
Stranger
    #26681713 - 05/19/20 07:17 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07FVQDK3F/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AB993UNHPM1YL&psc=1

These were the ones I was eyeing. Lots of options if from the states. Aeromist was one I came across that looks good from the US

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26681738 - 05/19/20 07:35 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

No don't buy those You will pop them in 1 second. You need metal ones Stainless or brass. If you want slip connect ones you can find them but I had nothing but problems from them. I prefer the compression fitting ones.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract