Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | Next > | Last >
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Headly]
    #26603179 - 04/15/20 02:36 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Headly said:
The links contained in the sentence "The first thing a user in this forum should know is how to post a picture and how to  resize a picture." are dead ends, FYI

Man I love this site

Ha I'll try remember to fix soon. Regardless it's pretty self explanatory.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMagicBiscuit
Stranger

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26625258 - 04/24/20 05:21 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Been using the easy AF mono tek for over a year now. Having a flow hood, being fluent with agar, and being well supplied, are there any "next steps" that you could reccomend or any other more advanced teks that you personally use that could help take me a little further in regards to increasing overall yield or steps I could take to speed up colonization, etc.?

Cheers,
MB

Edited by MagicBiscuit (04/24/20 05:23 PM)

OfflineRadsquatch
forestdweller
Male User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: MagicBiscuit]
    #26631185 - 04/27/20 01:47 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Bod, I just wanted to drop by and thank you for all of the work you've put into your content on this sight. Your tek posts are what convinced me to finally take the plunge and begin my own cultivation journey. I've found the answer to literally every question I've had in the past few days just searching specific keywords and your username. :smile:

Everything I need to follow your teks is arriving in the next few weeks, can't wait to share my progress. Thanks for being so chill, love and peace my dude.

--------------------
Discovery is just thinking God's thoughts after him.

Offlinejimmyojimbo
Yojimbo
I'm a teapot

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Radsquatch]
    #26633198 - 04/27/20 10:27 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

So it's day 5!

I noticed the PE's that were growing smooth stems are starting to get a little bumpy and rubbly..They also grow towards the substrate instead of upwards, like limp PE's? Maybe more FAE?

I was wondering if the reason why the fruits are growing kinda shriveled too towards the cap is because of a lack of water/moisture? Perhaps bottom watering might help?

I put my hands about an inch above the fruits, and can feel the heat radiating off the surface..super interesting..

Tub 1

Tub 2 - first pins a day later than tub 1

Question about Harvesting.

In such a case where fruits are so densely packed, but growing at uneven rates. Do we usually wait for all of them to mature, and cut them at the stem in one go? Or is it healthier for the substrate and subsequent flushes, to pull the fruits as they mature?

--------------------
To seek is to suffer. To seek nothing is bliss.
Let go, or be dragged. ☸️

Edited by jimmyojimbo (04/27/20 10:37 PM)

OfflineMagicBiscuit
Stranger

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: jimmyojimbo]
    #26633216 - 04/27/20 10:40 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Any substitutes for alcohol and peroxide? Every store appears ransacked and has been for weeks. Maybe white vinegar? Or just disinfectant wipes/hand sanitizer? Need it for g2g and agar transfers in front of ventahood. Any suggestions?

MB

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: MagicBiscuit]
    #26633595 - 04/28/20 05:02 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Skip it. Use your torch to flame the Lip of your master jar if you're real worried

OfflineWolfenstein
Learning & Yearning
Male

Loc: Here
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26634394 - 04/28/20 01:17 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Just another shmo here wanting to give thanks. As you already know, you kick ass bod, you're in "that" group of people that have probably helped me more than you care to know.

I greatly appreciate you man ❤

Hope you never stop kickin' ass :rockon:

--------------------
Anything and everything  I say, write, and/or imply is purely false and is only done so with the intent to enhance my acting career.

Molon Labe

As above, so below

Offlinejimmyojimbo
Yojimbo
I'm a teapot

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Wolfenstein]
    #26640231 - 05/01/20 12:30 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Just dropping in to say a big thank you to Bod for your amazing work, and TEKs! 🙏🙏🙏

First tub harvested - 1610g / 3.549lbs Wet  :mushroom2:

Did some cloning to Agar, and now ready to hit the sack!

Going to harvest the next tub tomorrow, and journey with fresh 20-25g!

Can't wait!!  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:

--------------------
To seek is to suffer. To seek nothing is bliss.
Let go, or be dragged. ☸️

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26640547 - 05/01/20 05:43 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Skip it. Use your torch to flame the Lip of your master jar if you're real worried

Do you not wipe your jars down with ISO?

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: mushpunx]
    #26640564 - 05/01/20 06:00 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Can I ask what you make of a dead spot on a HEPA? The little 12 x 24" hood I just built, it's built well, blower + filter match, roughly 6" plenum, and as far as I can tell it's sealed up well, no leaks.

I have a smaller section , it seems to be maybe 3" wide by 1.5-2 inches tall , I think it goes in an L shape a little, it's either not blowing thru that spot or just barely.
It was on the left side, when I turned the filter around it's on the right now.

I used a cheap anemometer to check flow around the hood and in that spot the fan on it completely stops.
My hood passes the lighter test, even in the dead spot the flame bends 45%

There is no visible damage to the filter. I could just try to avoid working in that spot but it's a small hood. 

What do you make of this? Bad filter? And do you think it will affect my work?

Than you man 🙏

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

InvisibleCosmicGiggle
Aspiring

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Wolfenstein]
    #26641707 - 05/01/20 04:41 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hey bod, started my first cubes and I'm using your unmodified tub tek except I'm using a smaller tub. On Sunday 04/26/20 I spawned WBS to coir at a 1:4 ratio into what is essentially a tall shoebox.
Just wanted to see if everything is looking normal? The agar plates on the GT's had both rhizo and tomentose mycelium, so I'm hoping that's what's going on here. Not cobweb is it?

And then here's my PESH tub

From the side view, it doesn't really look like the mycelium is colonizing the coir below the surface. Is this normal?
It's like this on my GT tub too, but there's so much moisture buildup between the coir and the plastic you can't really see what's going on with any clarity.

Thanks for your info and help

--------------------

OfflineHumlo
Male
Re: [STICKY] Agar question [Re: CosmicGiggle]
    #26646301 - 05/03/20 03:35 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Bod, first off thanks a lot for all the information you have put out there.  It has contributed tons and allowed me to learn so much.

I've searched around for several days, hoping to get an answer before asking, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Say you're getting tomentose/fuzzy myc on your first plate after inoculating from a print to agar. Does further isolating allow a more healthy myc to grow? Or will it remain about the same and just ensure a clean isolation? It colonizes grain just fine, but wondering how to get a more rhizomorphic plate to isolate a monoculture. TIA

OfflineMagicBiscuit
Stranger

Re: [STICKY] Agar question [Re: Humlo]
    #26653208 - 05/06/20 03:57 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Humlo said:
Hey Bod, first off thanks a lot for all the information you have put out there.  It has contributed tons and allowed me to learn so much.

I've searched around for several days, hoping to get an answer before asking, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Say you're getting tomentose/fuzzy myc on your first plate after inoculating from a print to agar. Does further isolating allow a more healthy myc to grow? Or will it remain about the same and just ensure a clean isolation? It colonizes grain just fine, but wondering how to get a more rhizomorphic plate to isolate a monoculture. TIA

Ill throw in my $.02 unless Bod wants to chime in. What you have on the plate from the mass of spores is hundreds if not thousands of strains. Transfering from one plate to another reduces the number of strains contesting over the plate. The more you transfer, the less you have. Each of those strains has a set of genetic codes that vary slightly. Transfsring releatedly lets reduce them down until you have a single one. Assuming youre letting your plates grow fully, sometimes they will start with T growth and move into Rhizo. From my understanding of what Ive read, the typs of growth is a moot point, what matters, as bod will say, is obtaining healthy growth. You can spend all your time isolating a single strain, and it could be a dud. Focus on healthy growth at first. Take that spore plate, make like 6 transfers to other plates and save the original. Grow those 6 out, transfer those to new plates, then make master jars, then g2g, then tub em up to see which tubs/plates perform the best. Find out which plate that came from and keep transferring that one out, making grain masters along the way. Sometimes you can "isolate" yourself away from good traits. I believe. If im wrong please corrext me!

MB

Edited by MagicBiscuit (05/06/20 03:59 PM)

Offlinejunk_f00d
 User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] Agar question [Re: MagicBiscuit]
    #26655867 - 05/07/20 07:32 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Bod, thanks for hosting this.

Sorry to bug you but you're uniquely qualified for this question: How should a mushroom grower (equipped with the flowhood and lab space and all that) tackle yeast culturing? I have a pack of liquid yeast with me right now I was going to make into a starter, but I'm not sure if I should first turn my hood and swipe some onto a plate, slant or into sterile water. There's a lot of information out there, and unfortunately other communities don't gather these things into nice TEKs like shroomerites do. I would appreciate some straightforward advice on culturing it for both long term and short term storage (i.e, for short term I just save my yeast cake/slurries in quart jars, but if I'm being smart I'll time my brews so that the same day one is being siphoned into the keg, the yeast slurry on the bottom of that fermentor is being repitched into what I'm brewing that day).

Some other hang ups are checking sterile water yeast cultures for contaminants, the guy at white labs says to plate a culture before expanding it (sensible) and to ensure the ratio of good yeast to bacteria/wild yeast is less than x, but I'm not sure how I'd do that, is a microscope really necassary for simple storage? And it seems like some brewers take yeast from a yeast slurry, and just plate that..? That just seems non-sterile and contam ridden, I can't wrap my head around it.

If it's too much to write out some good resources on it would be great, I have read Chris White's book (I'll have to consult it again apparently), I'm searching libgen right now.

Edited by junk_f00d (05/07/20 07:47 PM)

OfflinePoolofsouls
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: junk_f00d]
    #26675445 - 05/16/20 06:21 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Please oh great one, master of heroic doses. I have a question I have 2 pounds of rye grain berries I'm going to inoculate next week. I was curious if I use too much coco coir if it would slow growth of the fruits. And second question is I'm going to do un.odofied tub if it's best to seal the lid at the beginning when I do it to make it fully colonized thank you all in advanced I'm doing amazonians just waiting on the bags.

OfflineCapitainFrog
Leeroy

Loc: Zone 6-7 Flag
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Poolofsouls]
    #26680453 - 05/19/20 06:19 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

When you're isolating a strain, how many transfers do you typically do. I know you probably have top genetics for years now as shown on the unmodified tubs. I've got a couple tubs to produce and got a clone from each but it's only F1 generation and still not the strongest growth. I keep my office around the mid 70's and still have rather slow growth for spawn.

--------------------
Cap-eee-tain

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: CapitainFrog]
    #26680461 - 05/19/20 06:31 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CapitainFrog said:
When you're isolating a strain, how many transfers do you typically do. I know you probably have top genetics for years now as shown on the unmodified tubs. I've got a couple tubs to produce and got a clone from each but it's only F1 generation and still not the strongest growth. I keep my office around the mid 70's and still have rather slow growth for spawn.

Well, it's a learning process. The more plates you see ready for prime time, the better you get at telling if it's ready. Basically keep taking a really small piece of myc from the outer edge and grow out till it looks contam free. And how do you tell if it's contam free? Experience...

--------------------
:sporedrop: GLOSSARY  :sporedrop: ACROMYMS!   :sporedrop: GETTING STARTED :sporedrop:

OfflineCapitainFrog
Leeroy

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Inthepit]
    #26680940 - 05/19/20 11:43 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I've got contam free plates but I just wanted to question as to if fruiting them out is the only tried and true way or are there tips with strong rhyz growth etc.

--------------------
Cap-eee-tain

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: CapitainFrog]
    #26680985 - 05/19/20 12:08 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

If your interest is primarily in finding a good substrain of a single strain. Do a bunch of multispore inoculation, via syringe, into a bunch of jars. Clone the best fruit from each jar, and then test all of these against each other, separately, under the environment you will be growing them under. This will solve all of the PROBLEMS associated with false matings between partially compatible, but non fruiting, matings!!!

Try this for ...
RR picks a clone

--------------------
:sporedrop: GLOSSARY  :sporedrop: ACROMYMS!   :sporedrop: GETTING STARTED :sporedrop:

OfflineCapitainFrog
Leeroy

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Inthepit]
    #26681020 - 05/19/20 12:20 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the link I read your journal and had his quotes I'm there so that does give pointers on what to go for. Also dug the pans you have, nice little grow.

--------------------
Cap-eee-tain

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures