Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Agar, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThatDaltonGuy
PermanentlyFried
Loc: USA
carmelize?
    #2668002 - 05/12/04 11:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ok what i do for my agar plates, is i premake my agar and store it in giant plastic test tube... when im ready to use it i put it in the petri dishes and put it in the oven at 250degrees for 45 minutes... now someone mentioned something about carmelizing the sugars...

how is this done? how can i tell if the sugars carmelized? how do i prevent it? and what does it do?

--------------------
Let me remind you that the above text is completely false and has been typed to you by an escaped mental patient and shouldn't be taken seriously unless you yourself also have a mental condition. These kind of things need to be taken into consideration by those viewing these threads.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
Re: carmelize? [Re: ThatDaltonGuy]
    #2668195 - 05/12/04 01:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If you prepare your agar and then you store it for future use, how the hell do you keep it in an able pouring liquid form????
Besides I think you need some pressure and humidity to sterilize media, maybe the oven will work for glassware, metalware sterilization and dry shit pasteurization. I mean, IMO  :thumbup: :smirk:
About sugars caramelizing, I know it happens when nothing grows in the plate.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

OfflineThatDaltonGuy
PermanentlyFried
Loc: USA
Re: carmelize? [Re: ThatDaltonGuy]
    #2671689 - 05/13/04 01:48 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i dont have it in pourable form, i cut it into pieces and put it into petri dishes... the plastic storage things i have are circular and almost as big as my petri dish so a semi thick one about fills it nicely! i just want to know how to prevent carmelizing sugars! why does this happen? something to do with temp? mj where are you?!?!

--------------------
Let me remind you that the above text is completely false and has been typed to you by an escaped mental patient and shouldn't be taken seriously unless you yourself also have a mental condition. These kind of things need to be taken into consideration by those viewing these threads.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Agar, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation