Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Questions
    #2658286 - 05/09/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Early this week I should be able to acquire an ounce of mushrooms. Me and my best friend will trip next Monday (the 17th) and then we are going to use this ounce as our stash while I'm living back home for June. I have some questions, however:

Regarding Storage of Shrooms:

- I plan on keeping them inside of a plastic bag, and then inside of some bag and kept in a dark place. They should last for quite a while in these conditions, right? I have heard a few people say not to use plastic bags. Is there any reason not to use plastic bags?

- Shrooms won't begin to smell or anything unless they get moldy or something, right?

Regarding My Next Journey (the 17th):

- Here is how I plan to eat my share next time: chop up the shrooms finely and then put them in a bottle of orange juice, shake, and drink. This will work just fine, right? I figure I'll give it a good shake to mix the shrooms with the liquid. Any faults I'm overlooking here?

- We are picking a Monday because his parents will be at work and we want to DAY trip. Is there anything in particular to do during a day trip as opposed to a night trip? We'll still be at my friends house, where there is about 30-40 acres of land with tons of trees and stuff. Being outside should be an adventure in itself, correct?

- We've considered taking a 1/4 or 1/2 bar of Xanax *if* and ONLY *if* we start to get too anxious during our trip. Would the Xans hinder any of the mushroom's effects?

- It's cool to be around animals when you're tripping, right? That's what I've heard and that's what I'd assume. My friend has 3 dogs and a few cats.

Any replies are much appreciated. I know I've asked for tips before but now I have more questions. Hope you guys don't mind sharing some knowledge...  :mushroom2: :stoned:

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWizdum
8-bit nitwit.

Re: Questions [Re: Bonez420]
    #2658334 - 05/09/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Regarding the storage, I'd say that your plan would be fine. I see no reason why the mushrooms wouldn't stay perfectly fine in those type of conditions.

And about the trip! I've never tripped around any animals before, but I hear that they are a lot of fun. Also, trees are awesome. When I was tripping one time, I sat and just admired a shrub and how beautiful it was (everything is beautiful, but that's besides the point.) I say just go outside and see where it takes you - and above all else, enjoy yourself and have fun.

Good luck!

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2658343 - 05/09/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I love being around cats when tripping, they make me happy

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: Questions [Re: FatVsAsia]
    #2659151 - 05/10/04 10:05 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I just remembered: My hometown (around my friend's house) has a lot of wasps and me & wasps aren't the bests of friends. As long as I avoid the wasps, I shouldn't run any risks of freaking out, right?

Also, any suggestions are appreciated as well as any info on the Xanax/shrooms part. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinetezcatlipoca
but you can callme tez

Loc: nl, canada
    #2659889 - 05/10/04 02:58 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like a great plan. i'm jealous!

as for the xanax... i have no real concrete evidence as to why that would be a bad, or good idea (for that matter.) but personally, i wouldn't recommend it. just let the mushroom lead you -- don't taint its message with such things!

have fun and be safe!

OfflineJohnnyJ
Junior VicePresident

#2660182 - 05/10/04 04:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Don't store the shrooms in a plastic bag if they are fresh, that's probably what you heard people say. They'll turn into mushy goo if they are fresh. If they are dried (and I'm guessing they are) then that should be ok.
Happy Tripin'!
JohnnyJ

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: Questions [Re: tezcatlipoca]
    #2661130 - 05/10/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

tezcatlipoca said:
as for the xanax... i have no real concrete evidence as to why that would be a bad, or good idea (for that matter.) but personally, i wouldn't recommend it. just let the mushroom lead you -- don't taint its message with such things!

have fun and be safe!

Alright... I'll hold off on the xans. It's just that the last time I tripped, my come up was very intense and I don't know what the main cause was (anxiety, the shrooms, two FAT bowls of some gooooooood herb, etc.) but *a* cause was anxiety, so I just was wanting a way to shoot anxiety down before it starts. Oh well, I'll take it as it comes. My last trip turned out spectacular, so maybe this time I can just tell myself to relax and let the shrooms do their magic, eh?

No need to be jealous, I'm sure you guys can find shrooms where you are, right? Or most of you all anyway. The only reason I'm buying in bulk (ounce) is because in my hometown there will be NOWHERE to get homegrown shrooms. We'd have to pick them ourselves, so rather than that... I'm just getting an ounce. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineWizdum
8-bit nitwit.

#2661364 - 05/10/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You could always try to grow your own. All in all, a very rewarding experience. :smile:

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

#2667922 - 05/12/04 08:57 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well shit, now there is definitely NO call to be jealous. Appears all the shrooms around here have been bought out and since it's finals week at college, there probably won't be anymore until next week when I'll be gone...

:frown:  :thumbdown:  :mad:

I guess my best friend and I will have to try to hunt for some in someone's pasture back home.

Damn, I'm so disappointed now.

[EDIT:]
About the notion of growing shrooms... is it a very difficult process? My friend and I are both reasonably intelligent. Would it take very long to figure out the process so long as we did the proper amount of research and reading up on the subject? Also, how long does it take to get a yield of mushrooms?

--------------------

Edited by Bonez420 (05/12/04 08:59 AM)

OfflineWizdum
8-bit nitwit.

#2668728 - 05/12/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

From start to finish, I'd say a bit over a month, maybe a bit longer depending how long it takes for the mycellium to colonize whatever substrate you're using - but it is well worth it. Just start out reading some FAQs and growlogs and you'll pick it up in no time if you decide to give it a try.

I say go for it! :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck