Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezenbrah02
buddha'sapprentice
Loc: philly
First grow outside and i have questions
    #2661340 - 05/10/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What effects, positive or negative, does grass impose upon growing outside. I have broken substrate that I put into a ziplock and placed it back into the incubator wrapped in a t-shirt with the casings I had just made. The mycellium growth shows and I was thinking about putting them outside in a little patch that I have in my backyard. Mainly for shits and giggles to see what might happen. The patch is well shaded and is purely all mine. I have free reign over the far side of my yard to do what I want (currently I have a horseshoes and a firepit dug up for summertime chilling out.)

Anyways back to the point. I live in southeastern pa, it's been humid for the past week, but who knows how long that will hold up. Anything else that might come up that would pose a hazard? This is for amuzement because I had left over substrate, but hell why not make it a sucessful experiment right? Thanks in advance, peace one love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejba6511
addict
Re: First grow outside and i have questions [Re: zenbrah02]
    #2662906 - 05/11/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

the grass should not effect the mushies in my opinon but i base this on a post that is in the archives about rye grass being grown in conjuction with a casing and it helped provide air exchange and required little matienance

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
    #2663023 - 05/11/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

>Anything else that might come up that would pose a hazard?
slugs,snails,pill bugs watch out for the pests or they will be the ones having fun with the fungi.

--------------------

Offlineluckytriple6
spun, confused, and needing hugs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: lost in head... come find...
Re: First grow outside and i have questions [Re: MESCALATO]
    #2663902 - 05/11/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i don't mean to jack this thread but what can be done to keep away pests, i too am planing on doing an out door patch soon

OfflineipickPA
 User Gallery

#2664403 - 05/11/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i live in philly too..well Bucks County..but its close..Temp is perfect for outside grows

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: First grow outside and i have questions [Re: luckytriple6]
    #2667581 - 05/12/04 06:10 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

luckytriple6 said:
i don't mean to jack this thread but what can be done to keep away pests, i too am planing on doing an out door patch soon

i have tried all sorts of things to keep them away, a ring of salt around the patch (didn't work rain washed it a way), a bowl of beer with a little bread in it ( killed several slugs this way but some still made it to the patch)
all in all i have found flower pots to work best for keeping pest a way because you can keep the pots away from the pest.

OfflineTransplant
Janitor
Loc: Texas
    #2668249 - 05/12/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Okay..here goes a quick overview, some teks on here and the nook for more information if more in depth reading is desired.

Dig a hole (about a six inches, line it with some plastic (I have used a heavy duty trash bag). Put a layer of pasteurized straw on the bottom. Crumble colonized cakes to cover the straw. Cover the crumbled cakes with more pasteurized straw or manure/straw. Cover the top layer with soil (no more then an inch..should be flush with the surrounding ground now). Cover the whole thing with leaves. Then wait. I am sure there are other ways, but the old saying "Keep it simple" seems to work outdoors.

--------------------
Will Screw For Shrooms

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: First grow outside and i have questions [Re: Transplant]
    #2668781 - 05/12/04 01:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

the plastic lining the hole is no good im sure, because it will cause rain water to puddle, besides whats the point, to stop earthworms from eating through it and airating+firtilizing it.

edit: oh yeah and why the heck would you pasturize stuff the yur gonna be putting outside, thats a big waste of time.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (05/12/04 02:18 PM)

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
    #2669220 - 05/12/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, planters are the way to go. This guy I know has window screen over the tops and under the bottoms to keep bugs and slugs out.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

OfflineTransplant
Janitor
Loc: Texas
Re: First grow outside and i have questions [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2669246 - 05/12/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

lol, my bad. I forgot to mention to poke tiny (A BUNCH of needle pokes) holes into the plastic. The plastic may not be needed, but for a few extra cents, I get more chance of the pasteurized straw contamination free while it colonizes. Dirt isn't always very contamination free.

--------------------
Will Screw For Shrooms

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale