Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Why do you grow? * 1
    #26615681 - 04/20/20 03:35 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Just out of curiosity, why do those of you who grow mushrooms do it?  Is it to have a near endless supply for self exploration?  For profit?  For fun?  I figured this would be a good place to start this and see what people say.  Maybe I'll repost it again sometime in a more public setting.  Here seems like a good place to ask this for now. 

My wife has some mild depression and anxiety issues, along with chronic migranes, so growing them will be mostly medicinal. 

Whose next?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: Why do you grow? [Re: Anonymous #1] * 2
    #26615701 - 04/20/20 03:49 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

i would never grow for profit. its for my enjoyment and the enjoyment of others who are very close to me as a gifts.

i grow because it gives me something different and "sciency" to focus on outside of my daily life. i also like that is not instant gratification but has a nice ending to it. if you knew me in person you would not ever think this was my side hobby.

i also like the fact that i have in depth knowledge on not just shrooms but other things that are "taboo" in society, and occasionally when i let that knowledge slip out people are amazed at the things i know.

Anonymous #3

Re: Why do you grow? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #26617172 - 04/21/20 09:13 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

The expansion of my conscience and others. I love things that make me concentrate like motorcycles, chess, etc. When I do transfers my attention is focused. It's like I can block out all of the noise of my life and just be there in the moment, when I'm cultivating or tripping.

Anonymous #4

Re: Why do you grow? [Re: Anonymous #3] * 1
    #26617933 - 04/21/20 02:16 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I started microdosing with LSD 2 years ago and had great results with it but also some side effects. So I decided to try shrooms but couldn't find any and after looking for them for about a year with no result I decided to  grow them.
Took me another year of lurking and learning to get to my first grow ( bottle tek) wich is now coming to its 4th flush.
I've been wanting to grow gourmet mushrooms for about 9 years now and this week I'm expecting some cultures in the mail.
So why do I grow mushrooms?
The psilocybin ones for micro dosing  ( I was paralyzed and they really help, LSD even more but it's to much ) and the gourmet ones for food.
I like to learn new skills and study complex things so growing mushrooms feels like the right thing. I've also been gardening for the last 6 years so... for my it's like it was bound to happen.

Anonymous #5

Re: Why do you grow? [Re: Anonymous #4] * 1
    #26617956 - 04/21/20 02:24 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I just enjoy growing mushrooms. I'll microdose once in a while but I hardly ever trip anymore. I come from a long line of farmer's so it's in my blood to grow shit. I would never sell mushrooms and I rarely give them away.

Anonymous #6

Re: Why do you grow? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #26618345 - 04/21/20 05:33 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I grow for recreation, experimentation and to have my own psychedelic supply to use and share. Its such a rewarding hobby as theres so many directions you can go with cultivation. Its the Best :heart: :mushroom2:

Anonymous #7

Re: Why do you grow? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #26634891 - 04/28/20 05:07 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Microdosing to heal from mental scars.  Infrequent trips are beneficial as well.  For me, less recreation and more medicine.

Anonymous #8

Re: Why do you grow? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #26636638 - 04/29/20 11:37 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I took a lot of drugs during the last 10 years. Too much. I love to be in another world and I choose shrooms to help me stay healthy and grow my spirituality experience.

I know that they are a great teacher and I want to be lost with them :smile:

Those are my little babies that I want to explore with wisdom and patience.

Sometimes you just have to admit that you like to be high and find the best solution!

Anonymous #9

Re: Why do you grow? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #26636774 - 04/29/20 12:35 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

growing shrooms is rewarding in so many ways.
it's nice to watch them grow, they're great for psychedelic experiences or microdoses, and they make a great gift for the right people.
it's also a good hobby to spend some time on while locked down

Anonymous #10

Re: Why do you grow? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #26664445 - 05/11/20 12:40 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Kept getting robbed trying to utilize the black market, luckily i live where spores are legal. Felt good to learn the process of cultivating mushrooms too, took me out of a rut of feeling incapable.

As for eating the beast, usually I have positive experiences, and the bad experiences become good experiences sometime during the comedown. Winning!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds