Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKmacmo
The aborted pin
Other

Loc: Central hemisphere
Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal?
    #26661648 - 05/10/20 05:28 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

It always bothers me when I see people say shrooms are 'bad' for you, send you crazy or kill yourself whether it be talking to people or people saying it on the TV/internet... When 100% of the time(in my experience) these people don't have a clue what there talking about they know nothing about how the shrooms actually work and Probally never even tried them.

Like any substance you can take too much, we should understand our own limits for any drug.
If anyone took 5g+ of shrooms for the first time ofc it could end very badly... Just like a non-drinker drinking a whole bottle of vodka you it's just common sense.

You can go out to the clubs/bars anytime and find loads of junkies all high on their drug falling around, can't talk properly or passed out on the floor.... But this is accepted.

Some of the most outrageous crimes people have committed throughout history were influenced by alcohol or other substances not mushrooms lol.
Alcohol kills millions each year directly, and millions more in-directly.

I have a trip maybe once a month, sometimes twice a month.
I have no urge to trip every week, I have to build up abit of courage before I'm able to take them.
Ever since I started using shrooms as a medicine my quality of life has improved dramatically, I have hobbies now... I'm alot fitter.. Cut down on smoking weed Big time.. I eat healthyer now... I used to be suicidal... Overall I feel like they may have saved my life or atleast helped me to see the things I really enjoy in life and now I work hard to improve myself and my life.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShr00mEater
Strange
Male

Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: Kmacmo]
    #26661710 - 05/10/20 06:18 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I think your first paragraph covers it.

Some people don’t know a thing about psychedelics, and instead of admitting as much and having an open learning attitude, some will simply toss the whole category into the moralistic “bad” bin; probably trying to avoid facing a reality apart from the one they have already constructed for themselves, and especially one that allows for other novel thoughts to enter the mind without the conscious direction of their own perceived will.

In any case, try not to let it bother you. People are ignorant and afraid of a wide variety of things, yourself and myself included. Feel a bit sorry for their own reaction to their ignorance, but don’t get upset because of a person being ignorant, do realize we all swim in that ocean quite often.

The moralism part always bothered me too. Not only with drugs, but a lot of times, It’s too quick and easy to judge something good or bad without really considering the subject as it is.

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: Shr00mEater]
    #26662069 - 05/10/20 10:24 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quite simply: They most often cause the user to question authority and there own purpose.

Alcohol suppresses conciseness, psychs expand it.

Which drug would you encourage if having power over peoples concept of reality is paramount?

Certain organizations and governments didn't burn books, hunt down detractors, and desperately try to hide any connection to their lineage because they are the truth way and the light I'm afraid.  :snapeslap:

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

InvisibleYellow Pants
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #26662289 - 05/10/20 12:17 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms kill.  ..... egos :vibin:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: Yellow Pants]
    #26662319 - 05/10/20 12:29 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

"make love not war" is unacceptable to 'the man' in charge

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineKmacmo
The aborted pin
Other

Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #26662321 - 05/10/20 12:29 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I agree alot of people dont want to learn it's just easyer to assume it's bad... Basically every single person I've heard talk about shrooms thinks that its just a drug you take if you want to see dragons and spacemonkeys.

Which is completely fine, if you don't need medicine then great your healthy and happy.
Some people need a little helping hand from nature, and where one seeks a cure nature provides a cure.

Quote:

R.I.P.Zappa said:
Quite simply: They most often cause the user to question authority and there own purpose.

This is what I thought, well the authority part.
All about control, but what's the official reason?
That there harmful?

--------------------

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: Kmacmo]
    #26662392 - 05/10/20 12:56 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Because we think we can control our lives

assure safety, order, consistency, and goodness within this

after that the whole world is good and evil, and its all delusion. Then we argue over which delusions are correct.

Edited by Freedom (05/10/20 12:56 PM)

OfflineKmacmo
The aborted pin
Other

Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: Freedom]
    #26662538 - 05/10/20 02:03 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

We do control our own lives to a degree ha, we already have laws in place for safety and order.

Good and evil are human words for us to communicate and describe things, nature doesn't have morals.. Earth is just one big cluster fuck of different molds and bacterias fighting for survival, there's no rules and no judge. The strongest/most aggressive gets to survive the longest and that's the goal I guess.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#26662826 - 05/10/20 05:18 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Recent moves in the US Justice Department may indicate we don't have the laws we used to have.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26662893 - 05/10/20 06:01 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

They're largely seen as bad because of the culture war of the 60s. That established how everyone views psychedelics today. The counterculture totally blew it and lost big time. The fact that most people today think LSD will like destroy your brain or make you crazy or something and that mushrooms are poisonous etc. shows just how big the counterculture lost the war. It wasn't just a small loss, it was such an immense defeat that we're still throwing people in prison for LSD over 50 years later with no end in sight.

Even after all the people who were actually there are all dead, we'll still be dealing with the effects of a culture war that none of us were even a part of.

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: nooneman]
    #26663004 - 05/10/20 06:51 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Yep.  What nooneman said.  Also, because for a long long while throughout history whenever the Church came across lands, peoples, and psychedelic using cultures new to them that they didn’t understand-  they would persecute said people and infringe on their traditions of spirituality - especially if their sacraments was straight from nature.  Often they would ignorantly attribute such things to being “of satan or the devil” , as in, inherently evil / malevolent.  This practice was the norm for hundreds and hundreds of years, and worked I believe worked against the highest common good for humanity as a whole species in the end....

Unfortunately, such an undertaking by missionaries and others of the Church essentially sublimely and overtly worked like mind-control for the masses.  Many today wonder why it is like it is, besides the more obvious reasons - the aforementioned one is a large part why; although, most are usually unawares of how what is taking place subconsciously in them is in part fabricating their partly ignorant opinions regarding psychedelics.  Conditioning, in a word.

Look at where we ended up, and how we ended up today in regards to psychedelics and just things in general as a whole - in a world where it’s own very nature , which all share, is majorly ignorantly suppressed, denied, and lied about with the help of man made stories.  Maybe they and the cultures that use the will always only partially be above ground, with the majority of it underground - Mimicking and mirroring how psilocybe cubensis are found when in their natural state, with just the fruit above ground and the majority of it hidden beneath the surface.  Poetic in a way isn’t it?  Mysterious and peculiar, Easy to miss, partially veiled from sight, with much more to it than meets the eye. :mushroom2:

Still, this is only a partial explanation for the “why” question.

My biased wishful thinking is that Psychedelics will remain on earth so long as the biosphere remains teeming with sentient life,  right under our very noses - how perfectly fitting...:mushroom2:

Edited by The Blind Ass (05/11/20 05:45 AM)

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26663237 - 05/10/20 08:37 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal.

Many good answers here, basically the same reason why everything else is backwards.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #26663281 - 05/10/20 08:54 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Good for you in your new and improved life! :cheers: The hypocrisy is obvious when it comes to the big killers alcohol and tobacco. My ex wife died of alcoholic dementia in March complicated by irreversible malnutrition and other conditions. This country is founded on a violent revolution. It was followed by an even vaster Civil War which developed all kinds of new weapons (I wrote my 11th grade term paper on that in high school). This country is rife with gun owners and worse, gun fetishists. I have known more than a few here in Miami and there are different degrees of creepy associated with these people.

That said, violence is acceptable in the USA partly because it's comprehensible, partly because it is an acceptable course to take for virtually anything. What is incomprehensible is feared far more than what is terrible but quite comprehensible. Getting drunk and becoming violent is comprehensible. Having one's mind blown by a psychedelic trip with the result that one's very values, inculcated since childhood are changed, is too threatening. When one sees through the shallowness of social games, or of status symbols in the form of clothes, cars, homes, neighborhoods, cities - like a nested Russian babushka doll - and one sees the things that really matter. I for one began my refusal to eat animals, a vegetarian-vegan value that began after my first psychedelic trip on Morning Glory seeds when the burger my mom gave me seemed to be undulating on the bun, breathing. I knew it was hallucinatory but the meaning was clear - this was a large, living, breathing animal. This is NOT what the agri-farmers, butchers, fast food purveyors that make up a meat-eating culture want to see, but it is a small thing compared to the promulgators of crass materialism.

Back in the day when an old flower-decorated VW Beetle was preferred over a shiny new Cadillac, the powers that be began to worry about the implications that 'psychedelic enlightenment' would have on consumerist Capitalistic America. Sandoz Pharmaceuticals in E. Hanover NJ could be seen from my childhood home. I used to make deliveries there. They 'leaked' millions of tiny light blue hits of acid into society. This is where Tim Leary and Dick Alpert bought their first doses. Before I met him, a college roommate came into possession of more than one baggy of 200 hits and he was just an average college guy. It was an experiment to see what would happen to society and it scared the CIA or whomever else was engineering the experiment. Scare propaganda spilled into the media: 'Hippies on LSD Stare at Sun and Go Blind,' 'Baby-Siitter Diapers Turkey and Roasts Baby,' 'LSD Cause Chromosome Damage - Causes Birth Defects'...Laws were swiftly enacted in each state with severe punitive actions against distributors and (God forbid) manufacturers of LSD, and the then President Nixon formed the DEA and enacted the scheduling of substances on a federal level with LSD and all associated psychedelics including Psulocybin, Psilocin, and their mushroom hosts making these substances Schedule I, "drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse."

Psychedelics are not toys. They are not for children who are still developing psychologically. They can cause severe damage if misused or if someone with a latent, pre-existing thought disorder takes them. I have seen acid casualties even when I was in high school in the late 60s and early 70s. Regardless, you are correct about the hypocrisy. :yesnod:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #26663395 - 05/10/20 09:31 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Ty Markos, another undeniable facet of the Mosaic as to the overall -  “ Why? “.

All appropriate contributory posts in this thread, when taken in tandem, help answer the question more deeply and clearly.

Funny, how a fungi itself can sometimes aid in elucidating the truth of things so tacitly.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26663446 - 05/10/20 09:55 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

If the whole society is FUBAR, it would be unreasonable to expect the attitude towards psychedelics, to be an exception.

Seems it is only because we constantly numb ourselves to reality, that we are surprised by this, or Trump.

We imagine because we no longer believe in Santa Claus, that we are in touch with reality, but much of waking life for most, is spent in distractions, of one sort or another.

Of course those living in poverty and war zones, may paradoxically, have a better grasp of the human condition.

I never read the book titled "I never promised you a rose garden", But I always thought it was a great title.

And I once, decades ago had a bumper sticker that said; " I feel much better since I gave up hope" ... think I got it from an ad in High Times magazine....they had a lot of funny stuff...

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#26663720 - 05/11/20 02:30 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Why is human nature the way it is? :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #26663823 - 05/11/20 05:07 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

:shrug:.

Peek a boo

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Edited by The Blind Ass (05/11/20 05:48 AM)

InvisibleFerdinando
Male

#26664144 - 05/11/20 09:39 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

yeah well he's suppressing it, pushing it down and who'd want that

realtive world

less positive not negative

RIGHT?

it's bullshake bullslache I mean uhm dystopia? or not? closer to utopia? :smile:

utopia?

shrooms?

left wing hippie rasta man vibration politics?

open wings?

fly?

unlimitedly

goddammnit mal, I mean leaders

--------------------
with our love with our love we could save the world

Edited by Ferdinando (08/16/20 09:08 AM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#26667908 - 05/13/20 03:19 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
:shrug:.

Peek a boo

God playing peek-a-boo with him-herself (including God's Shadow, hence evil).

--------------------

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26669528 - 05/13/20 09:56 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Re: Why are shrooms seen as 'bad' by society, and why are they illegal?

Why are people irrational?
Why are 99% of  governments corrupt?
Why do 99% of governments/nations/civilizations have armies & go to war?
But not hunter gatherers?
Why are native people ok with entheogens ?

"Go ask Alice
I think she'll know"

"[Verse 1]
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

[Verse 2]
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call...
He called Alice
When she was just small

[Verse 3]
When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

[Verse 4]
When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head
Remember what the Dormouse said
Feed your head
Feed your head"

White Rabbit
Jefferson Airplane

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order