Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWoodlandcarrot
 User Gallery

Loc: Northwoods
San Francisco delivers alcohol, tobacco and weed to addicts quarantined in hotels * 3
    #26655618 - 05/07/20 07:12 PM (21 days, 2 hours ago)

I have never been more proud of SF. It didn't even come from taxpayer money...

https://ktla.com/news/california/san-francisco-delivers-alcohol-tobacco-and-weed-to-addicts-quarantined-in-hotels/amp/

San Francisco is using private donations to deliver alcohol, tobacco and medical marijuana to a few dozen people dealing with addiction as they isolate or quarantine in city-leased hotel rooms during the pandemic, officials confirmed Wednesday.

There are about 270 people, mostly homeless, staying in hotel rooms to recover from COVID-19 or to wait out possible exposure to the virus. Nearly a dozen people have received alcohol and more than two dozen have received tobacco, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

City officials said that private donations pay for the items, and that helping manage nicotine, opioid and alcohol cravings ensures that recovering people don’t go out and possibly infect others.

Dr. Grant Colfax, San Francisco’s public health director, said the harm-reduction approach is widespread and based on decades of sound public health policy. “Our focus needs to be on supporting them,” he said of the people who are isolating or under quarantine.

For people experiencing alcohol withdrawal, the Department of Public Health calculates the minimum amount needed and delivers them with meals. The department also facilitates delivery of medication for people trying to kick heroin. The department does not help procure recreational marijuana.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: San Francisco delivers alcohol, tobacco and weed to addicts quarantined in hotels [Re: Woodlandcarrot]
    #26659267 - 05/09/20 07:32 AM (19 days, 13 hours ago)

What's more amazing about this is that it is obviously the most(if not only) logical and humane course of action yet I imagine very few municipalities or even governments around the globe are taking similar measures.

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: San Francisco delivers alcohol, tobacco and weed to addicts quarantined in hotels [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26660078 - 05/09/20 03:45 PM (19 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

Holybullshit said:
What's more amazing about this is that it is obviously the most(if not only) logical and humane course of action yet I imagine very few municipalities or even governments around the globe are taking similar measures.

There is probably more things like this going on than we know, at least I hope so. Alcohol withdrawal is a serious and potentially fatal medical condition. It’s MUCH easier to deliver a little booze than to detox these people in the hospital and turn them back to the street. I’m sure some would die in their hotel, to be found later once the stench of death fills the place.

--------------------

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: San Francisco delivers alcohol, tobacco and weed to addicts quarantined in hotels [Re: JizzMasterZero]
    #26660421 - 05/09/20 06:53 PM (19 days, 2 hours ago)

I very highly doubt it, most places aren't even trying to house their homeless through the pandemic, and even many of the ones that are trying are either struggling just to get them off the street or are only providing shelter for a small fraction just to appear as if they are doing something and avoid bad press and it ends there...there may be more efforts to help some homeless with alcohol WD during the pandemic, but not at this level, degree or organization, or scale and especially not with this much government involvement. Hell, many(if not most) governments wouldn't even do this even if private funding was readily and conveniently available.

Offlinethe_way
political prisoner
 User Gallery

Re: San Francisco delivers alcohol, tobacco and weed to addicts quarantined in hotels [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26668807 - 05/13/20 05:40 PM (15 days, 3 hours ago)

Whats the count on alcohol related deaths? Is it up or down? I got no gauge on the situation. I figure it would be up from withdrawal but then again it might be down from stupidity involved from using.

--------------------
cloudcare:theway

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD GANG MEMBER
Other User Gallery

Loc: Coast 2 Coast Flag
Re: San Francisco delivers alcohol, tobacco and weed to addicts quarantined in hotels [Re: the_way]
    #26669788 - 05/14/20 03:17 AM (14 days, 18 hours ago)

Canada is quietly providing drug addicts with prescriptions of prescription substitutes during the pandemic. I'm not sure if it's just this province, or nationwide.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OfflinetacodudeS
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: San Francisco delivers alcohol, tobacco and weed to addicts quarantined in hotels [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #26673130 - 05/15/20 07:19 PM (13 days, 2 hours ago)

Szn Francisco doesn't do shit... I still have to buy heroin to manage my pain as my every effort to detox (in & outpatient) as well as resort to one of the many ORT clinics easier to find then a mcdonalds that thinks of their clients "they'll likely never get off so just throw them on high doses for the rest of their life" where people who need to use for pain like me are completely neglected where even if I put up with their bullshit methadone creates unstable mood states and behaviors in me that could be dangerous living in a hostile neighborhood as part of the frenetic that generally is targeted for release of undirected hate while suboxone doesn't even really manage the dependency key alone the pain while it induces a wierd insomnia where it's the middle of the night and I feel exhausted in every manner, but my eyes just won't get heavy and the sleep process won't initiate. So they leave me to deal with it myself refusing to consider a legitimate opiods pain management regimen with non judgmental and stigmatized treatment affecting the doctors judgment usually undermining my care in hopes to induce a "relapse" to hold over my head and refuse me care claiming they aren't liable for me because I'm willing to use and they have evidence... Of course I'm fucking willing to use when they're doing nothing and my general health from a day to day basis is such I'm regularly throwing up if I eat so I don't eat, I live in a room I experienced rape in they were supposed to give me a new room after neglecting to do so 4 years after I was raped until a 2nd person raped me where I'm still in this fucking room and they're putting off giving me the move in date after saying I'd get it soon only to rip it away and say it will be after the crisis whenever that is, and no one is doing a damn thing about my doctors where I'm not buying xanax pills because my heart rate and blood pressure stay spiked at home or on my neighborhood as on sight they trigger me although I'm waking up mid snore inhaling feeling like I need air so obviously this is getting risky although it's better them living with the spasms the "xanax" manage and chronic pain I struggle with alone especially because this crisis has caused everyone to shut out everyone else and the few people who'd have me over and treat me well won't have anyone over anymore so I'm locked alone in a room I was raped I can't even have visitors in with a dog that my first abusive ex dumped in my lap to weigh me down...

Although yeah... Go fucking San Francisco doing the minimal to protect the progressive image of the streets alive with love and music where the reality is these streets are dying with haste, anger, frustration, and the screams of the abandoned homeless.

Ps. I'm a native so I know what this city used to be and it's not anymore nor will it ever be again.

OfflineWoodlandcarrot
 User Gallery

Loc: Northwoods
Re: San Francisco delivers alcohol, tobacco and weed to addicts quarantined in hotels [Re: tacodude]
    #26677910 - 05/18/20 01:15 AM (10 days, 20 hours ago)

Im sorry that you're needs are being disregarded, tacodude. That's an outrageously shitty position you are in, between the clinic bullshit, the violence, and the housing authority abdicating their responsibility to ensure you're safe from being attacked at home. Fuck.

It sounds like you are completely disillusioned to San Francisco. Would you ever relocate somewhere else?

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: San Francisco delivers alcohol, tobacco and weed to addicts quarantined in hotels [Re: Woodlandcarrot]
    #26678381 - 05/18/20 09:42 AM (10 days, 11 hours ago)

That is San Fran.  Haven't visited for three years but have been there on and off.  Glad they are doing that but doesn't surprise me.  It may have become the epicenter of rich and poor divide and poop emoji's, seriously, there is no where to go and they don't put much money into the public urninals/shitters that are almost always closed and homeless people want you to pay them if you ever use them.  With Corona now, wow. 

San Fran is so strange.  Amazing city but every space besides like one tiny park is all concrete.  Was a surreal experience last time I went how much it has changed in many ways.  But this is for the better.

They have this amazing hostel that used to be a military fort, they even have this bronzed cannon to euoligize it, right across from alcatraz and fishermans wham.  It is my only respite in the city but I don't even know if it is open now.

So much just actual nature with trees and the ocean.  Thought about trying to swimming to Alcatraz but remembered the doc on it saying how many drowned trying to so. 

The homeless poplulation there is worse then seattle but whatever.  I will sit on a bench not taken by one and drink a beer and smoke part of joint.  God it is so potent compared to when I was growing up.

Anyway, I am not afraid of Covid-19 and I will still where a mask in certain places.  Almost all those that die from it are 70 or over but for the vast majority it quickly goes through one from my research.  Open up California again.  I want to do something this Summer and that is on my list.  And unasked for advice.  The virus is way overblown.  Don't fear it, there is more behind it then meets the eye and the daily media conglomerate.

--------------------

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

#26698384 - 05/27/20 03:23 AM (1 day, 18 hours ago)

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Scales

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service