Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEnergysausage
Mr Legs
If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this!
    #22750144 - 01/07/16 08:55 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hi guys, I joined this site mainly to ask about importing spores in Australia. But with so little information around, I decided to do some research of my own to find out the risks involved with importing in Australia.

I think I've roughly figured out how the law works with respect to importing spores into Australia.

Firstly, there's the question of whether spores are illegal in Australia. Unfortunately, the answer appears to be yes.

The Australian Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act 1985 outlaws: “Psilocybin and its derivatives being those derivatives having hallucinogenic properties” (under schedule 1). Spores aren't expressly prohibited, but they would most likely be regarded as a 'derivative'. This is because although spores typically don't contain psilocybin, they are capable of generating the mushrooms, which do. See ‘derivative’ definition in Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956 (Cth) section 5(20).

As for importing spores, the law seems to be this (sources are below) …

If you import spores (or any prohibited substance) and attempt to conceal them, and customs finds the spores, you will be liable to face criminal prosecution. This could mean fines of more than $60000 and up to 10-year prison sentence (though very very doubtful you would get such a penalty for some spores alone). An example of attempting to ‘conceal’ is this: ‘Requesting the supplier to pack goods in a manner designed to hide or make them difficult to identify’.

However, if you declare the good (ie, label what it is on the packaging), you will not face a criminal penalty. Customs may still seize the spores and destroy them, but you won’t get in trouble.

So basically, Australia is a total asshole for wannabe mushroom cultivators. You can attempt to import spores discreetly, but if Customs finds them, you’re probably fucked. And if you decide to go the other route and label the spores, there’s probably a very good chance they’ll just seize and destroy them.

I am very curious about whether you could import properly labelled spores without getting them confiscated. If anyone has any knowledge on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, hopefully this information is useful for other Australians out there in a similar position to myself.

______

Here are the government sources for my importation discussion above.

http://www.agriculture.gov.au/travelling/internet

http://www.agriculture.gov.au/travelling/to-australia/arriving-in-australia-declare-it#live-animals-and-animal-products

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVitalux
Stranger from the next universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: Energysausage]
    #22773127 - 01/13/16 03:12 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

The question I would have is ....are there any cases on file of anyone in Australia actually being charge or convicted of importing just a spore print?

My guess is there probably has never been a case.

How would they even know for certain that the spore print actually contained Psilocybin spores. Like seriously, what are they going to do, hire a mycologist to spend 3 or 4 months screwing around to try and grow mushrooms to check?  What if the spores are mislabeled, what if the spores are contaminated.

Soaking the mushrooms in hot water and then having the hot water tea would be a derivative in my humble opinion.

I am not :nono: advocating that you break any laws.

myself  .. :shrug:..I conduct my life in such a way as to do no harm.

I understand :yesnod: that there are good laws and there are bad :mad2:laws.

If we blindly follow all the laws without standing up for our Natural Human Rights, than lawmakers will continue to keep making up one after next stupid and bad laws.

In the end, it is up to each of us as individual human beings to decide if we should follow laws which are both unfair, unjust and bad laws. Lets face it, during a trial by the accused and a jury of his peers, the Law should be on trial too. Therefore anyone single man or woman on the jury could vote not guilty because it is a stupid and unjust law.

Cannabis is a prime example....

I would just order the spore print and have it mailed to you by normal channels. I would not hide anything. When the package came in I might sit on it for a few days or weeks.
If all hell broke lose, I would just say that from my knowledge I believed that I had broken no laws.

Then the onus is on them to prove that you had full knowledge..etc..

I still think and believe that you probably can import a spore print, however that is just my uneducated and totally ignorant opinion as I am in Canada and have no knowledge whatsoever of your system of corporate slavery through servitude to a Queen.

We here in Canada too are in Corporate Slavery to that Queen. Somehow, they scammed everyone here into giving blind allegiance to her. Quite a scam really. The whole human race, fucked up the ass and not even getting a kiss from the Queen. :frown:

:cheers:

OfflineEnergysausage
Mr Legs
Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: Vitalux]
    #22773186 - 01/13/16 03:57 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hi Vitalux,

I'm not sure about actual convictions, but I can tell you that the government certainly seizes imported psilocybin spore prints/syringes every year. For example, a report by the Crime Commission reveals that in 2013-14, the government seized 72 psilocybin 'samples' at the border, 99.0% of which were detected in the international mail: See the Australian Crime Commission drug report, pp. 120-121.

A bit worrying, but I do agree with you, this is probably only a small percentage of the real amount of prints successfully imported. I have heard a decent amount of anecdotal evidence of successful imports (even with a syringe) from online users - not on this site though. 

I totally and absolutely agree with you about there being bad laws. Drug laws - particularly those outlawing largely benign drugs like psilocybin - being a prime example. It makes me furious that some individuals are allowed to impose their biased morality systems onto the entire populace and thus restrict the freedom of adults who are capable of making decisions about their own well-being. Totally fucked if you ask me. And it makes me mad that we who think like this are the odd ones out in society most of the time. Really makes you wonder about sayings like 'land of the free'.

Back to the point though... I'm not sure what the law is in Canada, but in Australia the argument that you didn't know you were breaking the law ('mistake of law') typically won't fly in the courts. Particularly in drug importation cases, which are often strict liability - meaning you don't need to prove mens rea (ie that you knew you were doing something guilty), only that you physically broke the law in question.

You could argue a 'mistake of fact' though. For example, you could argue that you didn't know the spores were capable of producing psilocybin mushrooms.

Yeah from what I hear, things are a lot more tolerant and progressive in Canada. Australia is a pretty decent country for the most part. But it is often surprisingly conservative on social/civil matters, particularly where drug laws are concerned. I reckon it will be a long time before we even get medical marijuana here, let alone any other toning down of our draconian drug laws.

InvisibleVitalux
Male User Gallery

Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: Energysausage]
    #22775593 - 01/13/16 05:49 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hi Energy

I most certainly can empathize with your concern about importing prints etc.

I could definitely see the difficulty in trying to import a spore syringe as it would probably show up if the package was x-rayed.

If you were going to import, one consideration you might wish to do is have the "label" either changed to a non-psilocybin spore print.
You could just contact the spore vendor and ask that nothing identifying the spore print be included in the packaging.

Most times for example when I have private friends mail me spore prints from other countries, they simply put the spore print in a greeting card etc and or just between sheets of paper and mail it to me like a business or personal letter.

I've never had a problem at all with mail exchanges ever.

The legal system in most countries is just operated as a kind of kangaroo court. You might be surprised but most systems of law tend to be based on the same system.

I encourage you to look up on youtube a guy called "eternallyaware" and study his videos to gain a more clear insight of the nature of the laws and how they conflict with " natural laws"  Eternally aware (John) takes the time to explain about Human Rights, our Natural rights, and the Legal artificial person.
He also gives great tips on how to navigate through the legal system.

I have watched pretty much every video he has made on his channel, so it is a wealth of information.

I encourage you to become more informed and then to help others in your region to do likewise. You could very well start a wave which could bring change to your land.

In Canada we have a guy called "Dean Clifford" and his actions have helped change the awareness of the masses of people here in Canada.
Everytime he has been charged in the courts, he always wins and has his case dismissed. He simply understands and fights to maintain he is not to be viewed as a legal person, but maintain his Human Rights.

Check into it, you will understand what I am trying to convey.

How I think the most change will happen is when the mass of citizens understand that every-time someone is charged and get his day in court. The trial by Judge and Jury is the weak chain in their system.
If the people on the Jury put the law on trial, and our aware of this knowledge and understanding, it is at this point people can free themselves from this oppressive system. Not guilty because the Law is unjust and unfair.

Most citizen on a jury have no clue or consideration of that fact that the law is suppose to also be on trial. The system hides it well and will use every trick at their disposal to do so.

Good luck my friend, and may you find your way to your spiritual goals

Anonymous #1

#22775641 - 01/13/16 06:05 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Vitalux said:
In Canada we have a guy called "Dean Clifford" and his actions have helped change the awareness of the masses of people here in Canada.
Everytime he has been charged in the courts, he always wins and has his case dismissed. He simply understands and fights to maintain he is not to be viewed as a legal person, but maintain his Human Rights.

isn't this a bit of sugar laced interpretation of reality, considering he spends so much time in prison and a judge doesn't really have to view you as what pleases yourself but rather at what laws say about this or that?
http://globalnews.ca/news/2220411/judge-scolds-freeman-dean-clifford-for-wasting-courts-time/

InvisibleVitalux
Male User Gallery

Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #22775838 - 01/13/16 06:58 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Quote:

Vitalux said:

isn't this a bit of sugar laced interpretation of reality, considering he spends so much time in prison and a judge doesn't really have to view you as what pleases yourself but rather at what laws say about this or that?
http://globalnews.ca/news/2220411/judge-scolds-freeman-dean-clifford-for-wasting-courts-time/

How much time have you spent in jail defending your beliefs and standing up against oppression?

I have a total love :heart: and respect :sunny: for someone who actually tries to make change, rather than those whose only contribution to society is to be critical of anyone who tries to make or create progressive change. :shrug:

Sure it is quite easy for you to sit in your comfortable chair and rant about Dean and kick sand on him, but what have you personally done to try and change the world?

Rhetorical questions my friend.... rhetorical questions.

Anonymous #1

#22777091 - 01/14/16 02:12 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Vitalux said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:
Quote:

Vitalux said:

How much time have you spent in jail defending your beliefs and standing up against oppression?

I have a total love :heart: and respect :sunny: for someone who actually tries to make change, rather than those whose only contribution to society is to be critical of anyone who tries to make or create progressive change. :shrug:

Sure it is quite easy for you to sit in your comfortable chair and rant about Dean and kick sand on him, but what have you personally done to try and change the world?

Rhetorical questions my friend.... rhetorical questions.

see, same could be applied to you, yet my point was to be wary on suggesting non-legal advice on a subject where knowing the law is the only thing that'll make the difference between getting locked or not.

you can blabber all the spiritual positiveness theories you'd want in front of a judge, at best if he/she is kind will let you talk 5 or 10 minutes of law-irrelevant subjects and then still stick to applying the law.

that's why it looks deceptive to say do like this guy, he always wins and has case dismissed :shrug:

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #22784295 - 01/15/16 10:41 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I am very curious about whether you could import properly labeled spores without getting them confiscated. If anyone has any knowledge on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

None of the properly labeled spores I've received over the years have ever been intercepted by customs. I've had plant seeds and material confiscated though. I get a love letter and that's all.

Spore prints sent in a standard envelope on a piece of cardboard, foil or paper will get through. It looks and feels just like a letter or card does. They have no scent, dogs wont pick them up. I don't see the issue myself. The ones confiscated could of been a bulky packages containing many prints, among other things.

Most of the drugs sold on DN marketplaces within Australia come through the mail system from overseas. Spores aren't really a problem these days.

My 5 cents anyway....

--------------------

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Loc: Wide Bay Orstralia
    #25530305 - 10/11/18 04:05 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Ordered some prints last month from a vendor.
The tracking system is still saying "In Transit". This weekend will be a full 3 weeks that the order has sat in Sydney.
I think it's a fair guess to say the package was probably randomly opened and confiscated.
Will be asking the vendor if they are able to resend if I pay for the postage.
Also ordered from another reputable vendor, that order shipped 5 days ago. I hope this one has more luck.

Edited by Stable Genius (11/01/18 04:21 AM)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: Stable Genius]
    #25534149 - 10/13/18 09:57 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Order prints instead. I've sent plenty of prints to Australia and NZ

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25535710 - 10/13/18 11:27 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks bod, I did order prints.
I picked up the phone and called the vendor and after checking the USPS tracking the nice lady agreed it doesn't look good, but to give it another week just in case.
She said that my suggestion to pay for better postage if the prints were to be resent is a fair idea and that it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Stable Genius (11/01/18 04:22 AM)

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: Stable Genius]
    #25535737 - 10/13/18 11:44 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I know it's off topic but do Australians love or hate crocodile Dundee? And is there an American equivalent like American joe? That has appeared in Australian movies?

--------------------
Matsesherbs.com is a SCAM site. Do not send them any money!!!!

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: Crispy224]
    #25535900 - 10/14/18 03:17 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Hahahaha, gee I wasn't expecting that one.
Paul Hogan aka Mick 'Crocodile' Dundee was one of Australia's favourite comedians in the 70's, his comedy shows were very popular and anticipated, then he sort of dropped off the radar before coming back in the late 80's with Crocodile Dundee. That seems such a long time ago now, pre internet, the Northern Territory was and still is a bit of an unknown to many Aussies, so yes the movie was very popular as it wasn't a bad story with some great support actors like John Melling and Ernie Dingo.
I'd imagine a large majority of people my age(over 50) have great memories of Hoges, his brand of humour, and the buffalo whispering, knife wielding Mick Dundee.
These days that brand of 'ocker' humour is a bit outdated and stale.
American Joe? I have no idea sorry.

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Stable Genius]
    #25546150 - 10/18/18 02:52 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Stable Genius

Reason for deletion: Too much info

Edited by bodhisatta (10/18/18 05:04 AM)

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

#25555603 - 10/21/18 02:11 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Rang the first vendor, offered to pay for postage, they were great to deal with and are resending.
Hope it turns up.

Anonymous #2

Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! *DELETED* [Re: Stable Genius]
    #25556770 - 10/22/18 12:00 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted

Reason for deletion: nothing added

Edited by Anonymous (01/08/19 03:44 AM)

OfflineStable Genius
Radicalised
 User Gallery

Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: Anonymous #2] * 1
    #25593056 - 11/05/18 03:52 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

One out of three were confiscated

Edited by Stable Genius (11/06/18 02:19 AM)

OfflineSparks3115
Stranger
    #26654102 - 05/06/20 11:44 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hows this all looking in 2020, still possible to get prints in?

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: Sparks3115]
    #26656476 - 05/08/20 01:44 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sparks3115 said:
Hows this all looking in 2020, still possible to get prints in?

I have sent quite a few spore prints to Australia this year, they make it just fine.  I send a normal letter with just 1 - 2, so it's not very bumpy.

OfflineMr.Kundalini
Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney
Re: If you want to import spores into Australia - Read this! [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #26689713 - 05/23/20 05:48 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Vitalux - thanks for heads-up re eternallyaware & Dean Clifford :thumbup:

--------------------
Bless you on your journey!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals