Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebrocepheushyde
Stranger
Subsequent Flushing - PF Tek
    #26650477 - 05/05/20 01:38 PM (9 months, 20 days ago)

I just finished harvesting the remainder of my first flush on PF Cakes, and I don't see anything under the General Cultivation guide on the main website for continuing into my second flush, and all of the related posts are 10 years old or more. So I'm curious as to whether or not the information is still valid.

I know that's time to dunk them for 12-24 hours. That's what theyre doing now. After i am done dunking them, do I reroll them in a verm layer again? Or do I just put them back in the SGFC after they are rehydrated?

Also, 12 hours or 24 hours for dunking? Is there any added benefit to dunking for 24 hours or will the hydrate 100% in 12 hours?

Thanks again for the continued assistance. It is much appreciated!

Edit: It may be notable that I did have some blue'ing on the cakes right before they dumped dicks. At least, I hope that it was blue'ing. It appeared to get darker into this morning as opposed to yesterday.

Edited by brocepheushyde (05/05/20 01:41 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHtaeh
Socially distanced, always
Male

Re: Subsequent Flushing - PF Tek [Re: brocepheushyde] * 1
    #26650515 - 05/05/20 01:51 PM (9 months, 20 days ago)

The dunk timing is up to you, 12-24 hours is recommended, all your really doing is giving the cake the time it needs to absorb as much waters as it personally needs, giving 24hours just ensures that they're at capacity.

You do not roll on the second dunk just put them back into the fc.

If blue in colour it was most likely bruising from lack of hydration, whether it retreats or not doesn't really matter give them a dunk and then roll on the second flush.

It's worth adding that you may wish to look into and try out bottom feeding the cakes, this will likely avoid the bluing from the lack of water.

--------------------
"To write is to wage war" ~ Voltaire
"The Drug Medical System cannot bear examination. To explain it would be to destroy it.." ~ R.T. Trall M.D.
"A single lie destroys a whole reputation for integrity." ~ Baltasar Gracian (1601-1658), Spanish philosopher 
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the US public believes is false."  ~  William J. Casey, 1981
"Fear always works to influence the population, when the population is uneducated."
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant." ~  Maximilien Robespierre
"Knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave."  ~  Frederick Douglass

Offlinebrocepheushyde
Stranger
Re: Subsequent Flushing - PF Tek [Re: Htaeh]
    #26650551 - 05/05/20 02:02 PM (9 months, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Htaeh said:
You do not roll on the second dunk just put them back into the fc.

If blue in colour it was most likely bruising from lack of hydration, whether it retreats or not doesn't really matter give them a dunk and then roll on the second flush.

If I am understanding you correctly here, you are saying that if there is no blueing on the cake surface itself, just rehydrate and then put back into the sgfc. BUT, if there IS blueing, it is advisable to dunk AND re-roll?

I just want to make sure I have this 100% understood. The information I read on past posts stated that re-rolling the cakes could be detrimental to their health, because during the first flush it is possible other contaminants may have landed on the surface, and would then be able to germinate with a layer of verm on top of the surface; whereas if you do not case the cake with verm, oxygen prevents those contaminants from germinating. That was my understanding from what I read in the related posts when I went to make this post. I also read that the verm layer helps create the microclimate that they like, and that it should be added after every roll. The information contradicts itself.

I'll look into bottom feeding. As it stands, the cakes currently sit atop canning jar lids. Another question. When I started the first flush, I had read about double-ended casing, as opposed to rolling the cakes in a layer of verm. It's supposed to help with hydration during the fruiting process, I believe. If I don't roll these cakes after they're done hydrating tonight, would it be advisable to at least put a layer of verm on top of them to help with hydration, or would that at this point in the process, cause higher contaminant risk?

Edited by brocepheushyde (05/05/20 02:02 PM)

InvisibleHtaeh
Socially distanced, always
Male

Re: Subsequent Flushing - PF Tek [Re: brocepheushyde] * 1
    #26650726 - 05/05/20 03:04 PM (9 months, 20 days ago)

I cant apologise enough for that appalling choice of words. Roll on the second flush, simply meant here is two the second flush as in a turn of phrase for encouragement as apposed to recommending the rolling of the cakes in verm post second dunk. Furthermore, the favourable microclimate will be achieved just by having more than one cakes near each other and a small fc can help achieve this, the larger the fc the more cakes to suffice the microclimate.

In response to your question, I have never done anything other than a roll post birth dunk and then bottom feeding. You can wrap a jar lid in foil and create a shallow 'cake bowl' which your cake will sit in. I change the water every two days and dont necessarily immediately bottom feed until I think a cake needs the extra water. To confirm, bluing is not a worry rather an indication of stress, dunking blue or not for a second time does not require a second roll.

--------------------
"To write is to wage war" ~ Voltaire
"The Drug Medical System cannot bear examination. To explain it would be to destroy it.." ~ R.T. Trall M.D.
"A single lie destroys a whole reputation for integrity." ~ Baltasar Gracian (1601-1658), Spanish philosopher 
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the US public believes is false."  ~  William J. Casey, 1981
"Fear always works to influence the population, when the population is uneducated."
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant." ~  Maximilien Robespierre
"Knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave."  ~  Frederick Douglass

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation