Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Brewers yeast is now producing psilocybin [Re: dizzy_simmons]
    #26591912 - 04/10/20 09:24 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

By "control" I meant they can keep the production(and profits from) within the industry and not have to pay a mushroom farmer, the statement had nothing to do with the actions of others or clandestine production.

But since you are on the topic, this isn't something you can obtain just by getting "near" it(and chances are you would never be near it anyways, especially not in the same building with it). You'd have a much easier time obtaining bulk amounts of the psilocybin produced by said yeast than the yeast itself...do you generally find buying pure(before being formulated for market) schedule II drugs straight from the pharma producers easy? Or something that can be done through determination alone?

And I wouldn't recommend stealing GMO corn genetics. If you are growing it for profit you are opening yourself up to a lawsuit which will result in at least the loss of your crop if not much, much more...if you are just feeding yourself, is being able to spray your garden with pesticides really worth growing a dull generic strain ?

Edited by Holybullshit (04/10/20 09:40 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLewDoja
mad $cientist, ganjacologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: pnw Flag
    #26600105 - 04/14/20 12:40 PM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Quote:

dizzy_simmons said:
What if you add msg to the brew & get an ethanol, GHB, psilocybin combo? :lol:

:whathesaid:

--------------------
RogerRabbit
"As for how many trips in a qp, that's purely subjective.  Some of us like a nice buzz, while others want to climb a screaming volcano naked to meet god.The extraction lets you do that without puking."
-RR

Invisibledizzy_simmons
Detective
Other User Gallery

Loc: Interzone Flag
Re: Brewers yeast is now producing psilocybin [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26601170 - 04/14/20 07:53 PM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Holybullshit said:
...do you generally find buying pure(before being formulated for market) schedule II drugs straight from the pharma producers easy? Or something that can be done through determination alone?

Straight from the pharmaceutical companies? No.
Straight from some guy in China who doesn't care about another country's drug laws or patents? I will neither confirm nor deny...

Quote:

Holybullshit said:
And I wouldn't recommend stealing GMO corn genetics. If you are growing it for profit...

I already addressed that, but I'm simply using GMO corn analogously. Yeast are microscopic organisms that lend themselves to being spread everywhere, intentionally or otherwise.

--------------------
Looking for:

The Land of the Free

Edited by dizzy_simmons (04/14/20 07:55 PM)

Offlinedark_leviathan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Brewers yeast is now producing psilocybin [Re: carnalrekt]
    #26608241 - 04/17/20 04:03 PM (1 month, 10 days ago)

lemme get my hands on some of that

OfflineWoodlandcarrot
 User Gallery

Loc: Northwoods
    #26608734 - 04/17/20 08:14 PM (1 month, 10 days ago)

Quote:

dizzy_simmons said:
Quote:

Holybullshit said:
Quote:

dizzy_simmons said:
“Control” hasn’t worked for mushrooms or GMO corn. I doubt it will work for this. With a little luck it’ll be available “for microscopy use only :shrug:

It will absolutely work for this, if psilocybin is brought to market as a prescription medicine you can bet your ass it will be sourced from yeast.

And about 90% of the soybeans and 70% of the cotton and corn grown in the US are roundup ready...and China just approved GMO corn now making Syngenta the largest corn seed supplier in Asia, so I'm not sure what you consider "working".

If by “control” you mean the method of production is so efficient someone would have to be brain dead not to use it as part of their business, then yeah, I’ll give you that hands down. But I can plant my own  corn right next to a plot of “sterile” GMO corn & “steal” those genes. Their “control” only prevents legal competition. It keeps the method out of the hands of other businesses, not the average (determined)  joe.

They would certainly pasteurize the product before selling, so the only feasible way it would become public is if someone found a way to sneak it out of the lab...

Anyone want a temporary job going Undercover?
All applicants must cover their own legal cost in the event the lab finds out who dunnit.

Offlinemeepins
Stranger

Re: Brewers yeast is now producing psilocybin [Re: Woodlandcarrot]
    #26611322 - 04/18/20 09:17 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

what the...:eek:

Offlinepolaritymind
delighted curiosity
I'm a teapot

Loc: Europe
Re: Brewers yeast is now producing psilocybin [Re: meepins]
    #26622621 - 04/23/20 05:09 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Ok so in this duplicate news post a couple more interesting responses to this whole debate were added
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26612128

Quote:

This is a duplicate and likely to get closed, but I don't understand why people think this GMO strain is any more likely to get into the hands of the general public or be used for clandestine production any more than the strains that produce morphine.

Also, even if it did, I imagine that unless kept strictly isolated it would become contaminated with wild yeast and the inserted genes would be bred out fairly quickly.

And a discussion that the methods described might be copied, since theyre described in detail, by a clansestine biochemist. Also the discussion why cartels havent done this for opiod or opiod precursor producing yeast, which seems to exist also already.
So interesting stuff, check it out.

I also liked these

Quote:

dizzy_simmons said

Quote:

Holybullshit said:
And something tells me they didn't produce a modified strain of yeast with dominant genes allowing it to produce powerful hallucinogenic schedule I drugs...

Something tells me that isn't necessarily a factor we can 100% predict when using biochemical (I.e., biologically sourced) methods to splice & transfer genes. And again, we don't know whether this modification would make the yeast more or less fit. Psilocybin exists in other fungi for a reason, even if we don't know what that reason is.

Just my two cents.

Edited by polaritymind (04/23/20 05:14 PM)

OfflineAz88
Stranger
Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Brewers yeast is now producing psilocybin [Re: polaritymind]
    #26648791 - 05/04/20 07:57 PM (24 days, 1 hour ago)

Yeast is an amazing organism

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Brewers yeast is now producing psilocybin [Re: Az88]
    #26650215 - 05/05/20 11:54 AM (23 days, 9 hours ago)

I have an amazing organism.:smirk:

--------------------

Watermelon man-"I think that society and just everything , it dose a good job at making people want to live some bull shit fairytale. it's mostly just so they can suck whatever out of us. The only thing they can suck is my dick." :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Microscope

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service