Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: CNN vs The Trump Campain [Re: Psilynut2]
    #26721602 - 06/05/20 10:54 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Baseball = politics for you ? They like baseball so they must so they must like Trump ? Lol , ya that’s stupid ,

And btw, i was in Taiwan, and they definitely like trump. Taiwans a huge fan of America because they protect them from China. They love trump because trump's the only recent president that's been tough on china, recognizes them as country, and actively tries to protect Taiwanese sovereignty. For example, Obama couldn't even bring himself to congratulate Ying-jeou when he won his second term

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: CNN vs The Trump Campain [Re: MagicMush123]
    #26721672 - 06/05/20 11:19 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Here's a letter from the White House congratulating on the second term.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2012/01/14/statement-press-secretary-taiwan-s-elections

It sounds to me like you're making stuff up.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: CNN vs The Trump Campain [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26721713 - 06/05/20 11:35 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

. The world continues to do business with the US on every level regardless of their 'outrage' with Trump's inappropriate comments.

This question actually requires a complicated answer . .

They keep doing business with the US because there is so much at stake that not doing business just because they oppose-dislike-hate Trump would be more of a problem than just carrying on.  Aka idiotic.
The consequences/ramifications would be widespread & felt throughout their population.  It’s simpler this way and they know they only have to deal with Trump’s ruthless ego for a few years and then a new president will be elected.  That’s always the case.  Otherwise you are basically throwing the baby out with the bath water... sorta - more or less .  Basing wether to trade or not with a nation over 1 guy who is only relevant  for a span of 4-8 years isn’t the main factor in essential international trade.

:smbfacepalm:

So Trump's idiotic comments have basically zero implications in the real world and getting hysterical about how it affects the international community is a waste of time.

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

#26721814 - 06/05/20 12:18 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

When i spoke to people they assumed I was American and would say "America number 1" but then i would clarify that i was actually from Canada and they would say "Canada and America 2 best country" :lol: it seemed they were huge fans of the west, especially America, but that was just one country that i went to

I have to imagine most people in Taiwan feel like this guy . They like America , they need America , but they fucking hate Trump because he’s a piece of shit . Or what I said to Qman , they like America , hate the confederacy .

Quote:

The Trump administration and Trump himself pose a serious dilemma to my political beliefs as a Taiwanese American citizen. I cannot support a misogynistic, racist, and immoral president whose domestic policies I believe are harming my country; however, I have to acknowledge that he is the most pro-Taiwan president the United States has seen in decades (or maybe ever).

--------------------

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: CNN vs The Trump Campain [Re: qman] * 1
    #26721844 - 06/05/20 12:35 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
So Trump's idiotic comments have basically zero implications in the real world and getting hysterical about how it affects the international community is a waste of time.

Like anything else that’s a matter of discernment - some things are just hot air and chest puffing or delusive rantings or emotionally charged spectacles - other times there are real world ramifications beyond mere perception/optics.  The lack of knowing which is which often leads to things with basically zero implication being blown up, and things with actual implications downplayed - and vice versa. 
Discernment...it’s Something I wish I saw practiced more often.  Because the president can’t be relied upon to tell it like it is 100% of the time without adding extra baggage - or twisting the narrative ( and what politician doesn’t at some point?). 
And the media & internet are so highly saturated with disinformation, propaganda, and conflicting news and views in such a way that *conventional objectivity & finding real / accurate consensus is like trying to find a needle in a haystack with a couple extra fake needles thrown in for good measure, ones that only vary by a few atoms from the authentic one that need be found in order to carry on without any hidden or obvious illusions about it.

So it falls upon  the citizens to discern.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Edited by The Blind Ass (06/05/20 12:44 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: CNN vs The Trump Campain [Re: koods] * 1
    #26721938 - 06/05/20 01:13 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Sounds like he's getting back at them by using their own game.

How is he getting back at CNN? He’s using manipulated clips from CNN to mislead the public.

And that's exactly what they do to him.

Quote:

koods said:
He’s just lying. Funny how you think it’s ok since you claim to care about the truth.

I don't think it's ok.  I was just explaining that "he's getting back at them by using their own game".

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: CNN vs The Trump Campain [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26721941 - 06/05/20 01:14 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Would you argue that Trump has the right to use the same tactic againist CNN using Presidental Privilage? Or is Trump just as guilty as CNN by using the misleading statements?

Trump is just as guilty as CNN by playing their game.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: CNN vs The Trump Campain [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26721954 - 06/05/20 01:20 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I don’t see how that’s getting back at cnn but whatever

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

#26722190 - 06/05/20 03:22 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

statements?

For fucks sake dude we aren’t funding CNNs games with our tax dollars . The People who work at Cnn are not public employees , Trump  is though .

--------------------

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Re: CNN vs The Trump Campain [Re: christopera]
    #26722505 - 06/05/20 06:34 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
Here's a letter from the White House congratulating on the second term.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2012/01/14/statement-press-secretary-taiwan-s-elections

It sounds to me like you're making stuff up.

I guess i thought that when i read this:

With his statement, Pompeo became the first U.S. Secretary of State to send an official congratulatory message to a president of Taiwan, which the Taiwanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs heralded as a milestone. Pompeo is also now the highest-ranking U.S. official to congratulate President Tsai, specifically, who was elected as Taiwan's first female commander-in-chief in 2016.

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

#26722517 - 06/05/20 06:37 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

When i spoke to people they assumed I was American and would say "America number 1" but then i would clarify that i was actually from Canada and they would say "Canada and America 2 best country" :lol: it seemed they were huge fans of the west, especially America, but that was just one country that i went to

I have to imagine most people in Taiwan feel like this guy . They like America , they need America , but they fucking hate Trump because he’s a piece of shit . Or what I said to Qman , they like America , hate the confederacy .

Quote:

The Trump administration and Trump himself pose a serious dilemma to my political beliefs as a Taiwanese American citizen. I cannot support a misogynistic, racist, and immoral president whose domestic policies I believe are harming my country; however, I have to acknowledge that he is the most pro-Taiwan president the United States has seen in decades (or maybe ever).

So if he's the most pro-taiwan president ever. That probably means foreigners (Taiwanese) didn't lose respect for America but actually respect trump, and America even more now

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26722525 - 06/05/20 06:42 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

It’s possible to believe someone is the most pro Taiwan president and that he’s also a fucking idiot

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #26722582 - 06/05/20 07:18 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Your logic is so flawed it almost hurts to respond. Go to any high school and find a nerd who lusts over every cheerleader. Dollars to doughnuts, they don't respect him and find him creepy.  Being pro Taiwan is like being pro cheerleader... it won't earn the respect of the Taiwanese any more than drooling over pom poms will win the respect of the cheerleaders.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

#26722732 - 06/05/20 08:41 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

So if he's the most pro-taiwan president ever. That probably means foreigners (Taiwanese) didn't lose respect for America but actually respect trump, and America even more now

No I imagine they feel like we are a rich uncle who occasionally lends you money to pay the bills but may be possibly fingering your daughter at family  gatherings when your distracted . I think it’s more like that .

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26723093 - 06/06/20 12:31 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

For fucks sake dude we aren’t funding CNNs games with our tax dollars . The People who work at Cnn are not public employees , Trump  is though .

I see.  Let private companies owned by the rich lie to us.  Let them censor us.  Let them do their best at electing politicians who will help the billionaire class rather than the working class.  Is that your position?

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26723163 - 06/06/20 01:02 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

It’s like you just got back from your first semester at college

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Loc: New York City
Re: CNN vs The Trump Campain [Re: koods]
    #26738162 - 06/11/20 10:53 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I just want to say that Trump is the greatest President of my lifetime and I love you all.  The ban that Enlil placed on me for a 'personal attack'on the kooster was inappropriate and wrong.  He is not a 'Crazy old koot'.  Hes a loveable human who is always right.

--------------------
I'm a Lightweight.  I like to eat like two caps at a time.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order