Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: PNW peninsula
New picks Need your expert ID please
    #2664768 - 05/11/04 08:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Picked in NWWashington State today 5/11. In cow pasture. Some in patties, mostly around grass in same pasture. Cap color was silvery tan with silky feel, no slime. Tiny fringe of white. Spore print black. Stems same colors as cap. Gills dark brown/grey. Older ones darkest br/grey. Wish I had a clue. Thanks for your expertise!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: New picks Need your expert ID please [Re: emeraldmist]
    #2664962 - 05/11/04 09:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Panaeolus sphinctrinus and not psychoactive.

I would also like to point out that the only shroom which is psychoactive int hePNW in maure is panaeolus subbalteatus and that is extremely rare in Manure in this state.

Between `1973 and 1986 I ohnly found a total of about 6 cow pies with subbalteatus in them. and that was like two to three shrooms each.

You can read my paper on Apnaeolus int he general section of this site. Close Encounters of the panaeolus Kind.

A Copelandia might appear every five or six years, but never more than one or two shrooms ever,

The blue ringers (P. stuntzii) and P. femetaria and P sierrae are pasture shrooms. P. fimetaria and P. sierrae grow directly in manure but also are very extremely rare. However, when their spores are introduced into liquid fertilizers and topsoils, they grow on lawns by the thousands.

The same is for P. baeocystis, a manure pastuyreland shroom not growing directly from manure but manured soil. This mushroom, Like P. stunzii is rare int he field but can grow prolifically in a lawn,. T

So it is kinda a waste of time to gointo cow fields at this time of theyears.

In August through December, if there is no freeze or frost, the liberty cap shrooms grow attached tot he roots of wild grasses, sedge, etc.

until then good luck.

You best walk areond condo neighborhood lawns and you most likely will find some, but then neighbors might call cops if foond where you do not live.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification