Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekeegan.wrathmall
Stranger
Is my jar half contaminated with cobweb or do I have too many strains growing?
    #26640470 - 05/01/20 04:28 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

You can see a line quite clearly in this jar, and the growth has been quite strange. Could it be cobweb or just tomentose?.. I haven’t done any form of isolation...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebogdancev
Stranger
Re: Is my jar half contaminated with cobweb or do I have too many strains growing? [Re: keegan.wrathmall]
    #26640505 - 05/01/20 05:07 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I don't see any line.

OfflineDigitalRhizae
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is my jar half contaminated with cobweb or do I have too many strains growing? [Re: bogdancev]
    #26641698 - 05/01/20 04:32 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I can see a line right across the the center on an angle from the top across to about the middle. But it looks clean to me. Cobweb mold grows really fast and produces spores just as fast, you would probably see tiny black dots already if it were cobweb mold. If anything bacteria might cause the difference in mycelium characteristics. But it think your culture us fine.

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Human Body
Re: Is my jar half contaminated with cobweb or do I have too many strains growing? [Re: keegan.wrathmall]
    #26642755 - 05/02/20 03:52 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Im absolutely no expert but i think i can feel her begging for substrate.

Just looks like two different kinds of myc got ahold of the grain, one more rhizomorphic and the other just looks THICC :cheers:  :jah:

I'm curious if it's ms to grain or from agar?

--------------------

:sporedrop::aum:Pho's MushiAventures::aum::sporedrop:
:heartpump:My '21 GLOG:heartpump:
:peace: LAGM 2022 :peace:

Offlinekeegan.wrathmall
Stranger
Re: Is my jar half contaminated with cobweb or do I have too many strains growing? [Re: Ababyphoenix]
    #26642922 - 05/02/20 06:22 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

That was a supermarket clone to agar and this is a few transfers down the line. Shouldn’t be multiple types of myc as I would expect a clone to only have one strain/sector but could be many reasons I guess. I’m a noob so I’ll be glad if I get some fruits from this. This will be a king Oyster jar that I’ll fruit as is.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is my jar half contaminated with cobweb or do I have too many strains growing? [Re: Ababyphoenix] * 1
    #26643439 - 05/02/20 10:57 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ababyphoenix said:
Im absolutely no expert but i think i can feel her begging for substrate.

Like a week ago!

That's gonna be really difficult to spawn if you don't do it soon.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Human Body
    #26644083 - 05/02/20 03:59 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

keegan.wrathmall said:
That was a supermarket clone to agar and this is a few transfers down the line. Shouldn’t be multiple types of myc as I would expect a clone to only have one strain/sector but could be many reasons I guess. I’m a noob so I’ll be glad if I get some fruits from this. This will be a king Oyster jar that I’ll fruit as is.

It takes a couples precise transfers to get a mono culture as in uniform growth, also your grains might be unevenly hydrated or something causing different growth patterns. make sure you give them a shake after pc run to redistribute the moisture if thats the issue. :shrug:

Also when you make transfers you are more than likely getting a couple layers of growth not just one.

Good luck keep it up! :smile:

--------------------

:sporedrop::aum:Pho's MushiAventures::aum::sporedrop:
:heartpump:My '21 GLOG:heartpump:
:peace: LAGM 2022 :peace:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate