Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlineoculodextro
Male
Loc: Space is the Place
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: HamHead]
    #26642324 - 05/01/20 10:27 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

The flu doesn't cause your lungs to fail for the rest of your life :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDouble
AB
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: HamHead] * 3
    #26642337 - 05/01/20 10:40 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

i hate it. everywhere i go, its fucking fear, fear, fear. people get offended at me for wanting to live my life without fear. like im expected to be worried all of the time like the rest of them. its like, theyve been hypnotized, brain washed, fear fear fear and more fear.

i dont even wanna say to much because here come the "if you had corona, you wouldnt be saying this, you wouldnt be saying that..."

--------------------

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: Eminence] * 1
    #26642361 - 05/01/20 10:56 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: oculodextro]
    #26642364 - 05/01/20 10:57 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

oculodextro said:

Pneumonia does.

What's known to cause pneumonia, influenza.

Edit.

I find it odd that when I search for influenza and go to CDC website to pull up how influenza can cause complications leading to pneumonia, it says flu cases are low this year and that elevated influenza-like-illness likely related to covid 19.

Then, I see this graph. I like graphs because it's easy to compare with history. Now, I understand these deaths are only estimates.

See, we were already on track for a nasty flu year.

One thing to notice is when flu deaths peaked that third time, around 13 weeks, is about the time the first lockdowns went into place March 20-21st and Covid starts to take off, and then flu deaths fall.

This, to me, is fishy.

Edited by HamHead (05/01/20 11:17 PM)

Offlineoculodextro
Male
    #26642384 - 05/01/20 11:10 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

COVID-19: Approximately 233,704 deaths reported worldwide; 63,019 deaths in the U.S., as of May 1, 2020.*

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

We've well passed the average deaths from influenza A or B

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: oculodextro] * 1
    #26642387 - 05/01/20 11:12 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I'm pretty sure people have explained these numbers to HamHead like 20 times over the past few weeks but he intentionally disregards it and instead he believes "doctors" from youtube university have better info, I wouldn't waste your time with pulling stats if he doesnt even believe they're real

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

Edited by Psicomb (05/01/20 11:14 PM)

Offlineoculodextro
Male
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: Psicomb]
    #26642392 - 05/01/20 11:14 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Only thing I'm pissed about is I'm in the medical field and inches away from patients faces. Been out of work for 2 months and now I'm being forced back for routine care.

I'm sorry but it's not worth spreading this virus to others or getting infected myself for some routine care that can wait a few more months.

But lets reopen this shit before it even peaks.

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
    #26642393 - 05/01/20 11:17 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Totally, many people here in the US really are behaving in childish, selfish, dangerous ways and using the word "freedom" to justify it

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
    #26642405 - 05/01/20 11:23 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

We're all going to leave this world no matter what we do. Avoiding the virus might prevent death for a period of time but your destined for death. Destroying the economy harms the next generation of humans. For the most part it kills the sick and old, they had their time. We need to get over are fear of death....

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #26642409 - 05/01/20 11:28 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

No.  Protests going on in many places.  Reminds me of the safety levels after the "attacks" back then and safety levels.  What is the best way when all this money has been spent on war as it is peace and what would be better than a virus?  To control the masses in subservience?

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#26642440 - 05/01/20 11:56 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

oculodextro said:

Pneumonia does.

What's known to cause pneumonia, influenza.

Edit.

I find it odd that when I search for influenza and go to CDC website to pull up how influenza can cause complications leading to pneumonia, it says flu cases are low this year and that elevated influenza-like-illness likely related to covid 19.

Then, I see this graph. I like graphs because it's easy to compare with history. Now, I understand these deaths are only estimates.

See, we were already on track for a nasty flu year.

One thing to notice is when flu deaths peaked that third time, around 13 weeks, is about the time the first lockdowns went into place March 20-21st and Covid starts to take off, and then flu deaths fall.

This, to me, is fishy.

Remember that John Hopkins study that revealed medical errors to be the 3rd leading cause of death in America?

The cdc accepts underlying medical problems, ie what you were receiving treatment for, to be listed as the cause of death.

Even though what actually killed you was the surgeon removing your healthy kidney by mistake and leaving in the cancerous one.
Yes that happens.

Anyway it's been mentioned they didn't have enough tests. People have been told to assume they have it if they have symptoms without receiving a test.

The flu is not always tested flr either.

I'm sure some cases of the flu were actually covid. But I'm also sure that some recorded cases of covid were flu or other illness.

Also Belgium just got shit on for recording ALL nursing home/elderly deaths as covid deaths. Even if they had no ex posure and were expected to die. It's why their numbers seem inflated.

But then others are likely underestimated.

Anyway undoubtedly the US is doing similar things. I recall reading that it is being assumed that most people dying in nursing homes who are believed to have covid are having that written as their cause of death even if they die of heart disease or something else age related that maybe would have happened whether they had the virus or not.

The greatest illusion of modern science is that it's more accurate and meticulous than it actually is.

Too much shorthand and presumption. It's not what I would call good data.

But it's not really any worse than the accepted norm.

Politicians and public both too ignorant to hold scientific and medical authorities accountable. Of course we would see it here too. You don't undo generations traine d under these philosophies and you don't undo decades of shitty public education.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: Shenmue]
    #26642456 - 05/02/20 12:09 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not a Christian and a lot of the time I don't take Alex seriously but that really was a great speech :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: Double] * 1
    #26642458 - 05/02/20 12:10 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Double said:
i hate it. everywhere i go, its fucking fear, fear, fear. people get offended at me for wanting to live my life without fear. like im expected to be worried all of the time like the rest of them. its like, theyve been hypnotized, brain washed, fear fear fear and more fear.

i dont even wanna say to much because here come the "if you had corona, you wouldnt be saying this, you wouldnt be saying that..."

Part of it, I think, is they want to not be afraid either. Makes them mad that they're paranoid and you're not.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #26642459 - 05/02/20 12:10 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Anyway I have medical concerns for mask laws. There are some people who cannot wear masks due to health issues.

Of course these are people with diseases and are vulnerable but 1. Not everyone has family or shoddy sporadic social services to take care of them and 2. Aren't they entitled to try to live a life?

As someone who is vulnerable I will say you can fuck right off if you think I should prioritize surviving, existing, doing nothing in isolation for an indefinite period of time, over having a life I feel is worth living.

Some people fear death more than they fear wasting their life. I understand that. But you should understand too that some people are afraid of some things more than death.

It'd be different if this thing might go away in a few months. A year. Two. But it likely won't.

All we are trying to do is not overwhelm hospitals. That's it.

And people aren't being allowed to see their dying family members. As if we're going to stop this thing. Is there some point to not getting infected so as to not infected my grandma who will pass away anyway this year? I'm not spending time with her to buy her time that she doesn't have anyway.

That's the problem. The goal isn't clear so the logic is flawed.

If we're doing all this to protect vulnerable people let's also consider them in mask laws and such, yeah?

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: Eminence]
    #26642477 - 05/02/20 12:19 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

:leocheers:

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#26642484 - 05/02/20 12:23 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
https://denverite.com/2020/05/01/denver-youre-going-to-have-to-start-wearing-face-masks-when-youre-out/

Until further notice?

Like, seriously, what the fuck?

$999 fine.

If you can't see this blatant control grab, I don't know what else to say.

Wake the fuck up people!

Good

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineCosmic Eye
The 2nd tallest
Male User Gallery

Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: BANANA.MAN] * 2
    #26642614 - 05/02/20 01:50 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I at first rebelled against masks, but contagiousness is the problem. It makes other people feel more comfortable in public. I feel irresponsible if I dont walk in a store with a mask.

I just got a new home made one a few hours ago as a gift. Guess what, Im wearing it.

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
    #26642620 - 05/02/20 01:56 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26642647 - 05/02/20 02:15 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Mask are like breathing co2 all day

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: I am now being told I have to wear a mask. [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 3
    #26642670 - 05/02/20 02:27 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Some people fear death more than they fear wasting their life. I understand that. But you should understand too that some people are afraid of some things more than death.

This is what grinds my gears about people who take the stance of OP. He say's he's not scared - great, neother am I - I'm actually excited about the adventure that is death, but you can't take ones own feelings on any aspect of the human experience and apply them to all. It's just sheer hubris to not take into account that some may feel the oppostite of you; especially when acting on your feelings (like refusing to wear a mask because... urr why?) has potential to cause suffering.

I.e you are asymptomatic and pass it to a person who passes it to seven people, three of which die. Think of the grief the families of said people will feel.

I'm all for freedom, it's the most imporant thing in the world to me, but not when it comes at the cost of innocent lives and avoidable suffering.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates