Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJbrady5555
Stranger
Rethinking my approach to starting out, advice needed.
    #26638873 - 04/30/20 11:57 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

So I’m brand new to this hobby and have just gotten underway with making some agar plates. I actually just did my first transfer yesterday. The plan has been to bulk grow to a large tub with Bods East af tub tek. Doing bulk grows is still my end game but I’m wondering with so little experience if I should try to make a few dub tubs or maybe bods shoe box tek. I have a couple extra b plus syringes and this could help me gain grain jar experience while I’m working on getting those clean agar cultures. Maybe this little bit of experience can help me not screw up that first bulk grow batch while possibly even coming out successful. How would you all approach getting into this hobby as a complete newbie if you could look back with the knowledge you have now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepoisoned
untitled
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Yurop
Re: Rethinking my approach to starting out, advice needed. [Re: Jbrady5555]
    #26638890 - 04/30/20 12:05 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I think it's a completely valid approach to noc up some jars with MS syringe before you can do any A2G transfers. You get a practice run for everything else involved and it's not a bad thing, even if you have to trash a jar or two. You can also do some A2G transfers from that germination plate if it looks clean, it's important experience too.

Don't get tricked into getting a perfect rhizo culture on agar before doing anything else.

--------------------
How I do glass dishes

InvisibleRoger Clemency
Smile
 User Gallery

#26638892 - 04/30/20 12:07 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

You mean just going syringe to grain? You can do that but it’s always a risk since syringes aren’t necessarily sterile.

I personally would germinate spores on 2-3 plates, take some transfers from good looking spots and then use the rest of those plate to nocc up a few qts. They will be suspect since they’re from the germination plate but you’ll have something started right off that may work out.

After transfer1 plates start growing I’d take transfers from the best looking spots on them, then maybe nocc up another jar or four with wedges from those if they keep growing out clean.

Then make an LC with a wedge from the hopefully clean plates you have. Make an LI with another clean plate and get some qts colonizing in ernest.

Mono or shoe box doesn’t matter. It’s just if you wanna use your spawn together or separately. For those initial sketchy jars in that scenario I’d do shoe boxes

--------------------
Sour grapes, sweet revenge
Heaven starts right where hell ends

Offlinepoisoned
untitled
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Yurop
Re: Rethinking my approach to starting out, advice needed. [Re: Roger Clemency]
    #26638920 - 04/30/20 12:23 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

He said he already started on agar. Sure MS syringe to grain is risky, but it's a way to learn while you're farming on agar. It shouldn't be a standard practice, but it's a perfectly viable training.

Shoeboxes are better than monos when you're starting IMO, since your risk is spread out.

--------------------
How I do glass dishes

InvisibleRoger Clemency
Smile
 User Gallery

Re: Rethinking my approach to starting out, advice needed. [Re: poisoned]
    #26638923 - 04/30/20 12:29 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I know I was just laying out what I’d do starting from scratch. The plates that are germinating now could be ready for a sketchy A2G in 10 days give or take.

--------------------

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Rethinking my approach to starting out, advice needed. [Re: Roger Clemency] * 1
    #26638949 - 04/30/20 12:52 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldnt go syringe to grain either

I would get clean agar then go to grain like roger said

I would do shoebox like Mushboy showed the cult

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24038695

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: Rethinking my approach to starting out, advice needed. [Re: Enkidu]
    #26638955 - 04/30/20 12:57 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

:whathesaid:

Lots of things CAN work.

But its best to not waste materials and do it right.

My first successful grow was agar to grain.

My first grow (unsuccessful) was spores to grain.

Not to mention yields will be better when you have 100% clean inoculate.

--------------------
"That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

OfflineJbrady5555
Stranger
Re: Rethinking my approach to starting out, advice needed. [Re: The Mycologist]
    #26639293 - 04/30/20 03:20 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you all for the replies. When I transfered agar to agar yesterday I scrapped the rest of the initial plates. Really wish I would have tried to knock up a few jars from those.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26639320 - 04/30/20 03:30 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Id recommend starting small with a shoebox via agar to grain to shoebox. Since youre so new, i wouodnt recommend going full-bore into a large monotub. Thatd be my advice.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#26639323 - 04/30/20 03:32 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Wont take long for them to colonize from a agar tranafer

Then if you want a quick jar cut the whole new plate up and drop the whole plate in one jar and mix it up

I would do that if i wanted a quick jar for say g2g and had a few plates or more

I also second the shoebox suggestion

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

InvisibleRoger Clemency
Smile
 User Gallery

Re: Rethinking my approach to starting out, advice needed. [Re: Jbrady5555] * 1
    #26639329 - 04/30/20 03:34 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

It’s good to keep plates around afterwards I’ve discovered. You never know what might happen with the receiving plate and also if you just leave them they will sometimes colonize the whole plate and then pin. Those pins make nice clones and I’ve seen some nice producing cultures come from a plate pin.
If the plates are really contaminated though then I’d toss them after getting a clean piece.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures