Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJader
Stranger

Fruiting in Jar Novice Question
    #26636904 - 04/29/20 03:50 PM (9 months, 28 days ago)

Hey everyone :laugh:, I'm posting from my phone and english is not my first language so sorry in advance if I commit any grammar or formatting mistakes.

After reading a lot in this forum I'm trying to grow some shrooms for the first time, so far everything has been working out just fine and I have some fully colonized jars (BRF - aprox 200ml) ready for fruiting.

For context, I can't get my cakes out cause I couldn't find jars with wide mouths, taking this into consideration I decided to fruit in the jars, just filling them with water for 24h and then putting them in my SGFC without the lid.

The problem is, the mycelium has grown inside the dry vermiculite barrier and there is no loose vermiculite when I turn the jars upside down, I would like to know if you guys suggest just letting it fruit as it is or if I should remove some vermiculite with a spoon even though it's not loose.

On one side I'm worried about the mycelium not receiving enough light/not being able to grow trough the dry vermiculite barrier if I leave it as it is. On the other side I worry about damaging the cake trying to remove the barrier and leaving it prone to contamination. Should I remove it or not? And if the answer is yes, should I remove just a little or until I see only white mycelium?

Thanks in advance for the help!

EDIT: corrected grammar mistake :p

Edited by Jader (04/29/20 04:05 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTallman
Mycophile
Male

Loc: Göbekli Tepe
Re: Fruiting in Jar Novice Question [Re: Jader]
    #26636940 - 04/29/20 04:09 PM (9 months, 28 days ago)

My advice is to either break the jar or just cut the cakes into pieces small enough to get out. Do a bulk spawn with coir!

--------------------
MushLove

OfflineJader
Stranger

Re: Fruiting in Jar Novice Question [Re: Tallman]
    #26636970 - 04/29/20 04:29 PM (9 months, 28 days ago)

I would like to preserve the jar if possible and don't have access to coir right now because of the quarantine. If I break it in small pieces wouldn't I risk contamination or my chances of a smaller wield? Also, if I break it in small pieces should I just dunk and roll them like a regular cake?

Edited by Jader (04/29/20 04:30 PM)

InvisibleTallman
Mycophile
Male

Loc: Göbekli Tepe
Re: Fruiting in Jar Novice Question [Re: Jader]
    #26637572 - 04/29/20 10:04 PM (9 months, 28 days ago)

only cut them up if your going to use coir! otherwise be patient!!

--------------------
MushLove

InvisibleMethodicalMystical
Some Eclectic Wisefool
Other User Gallery

Loc: Wandering in the PNW wood...
Re: Fruiting in Jar Novice Question [Re: Tallman]
    #26637804 - 04/30/20 12:22 AM (9 months, 28 days ago)

You can fruit them in the jars. You might not even need the SGFC if you go this route; just keep zip-lock bags over the top of the jars and mist the verm as needed.

--------------------
:hypno::peace::hypno:
New to cultivating? Know where to start.

It can be tough to be patient, but the best things in life are those that take time to grow and flourish.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, geokills, Asante, Shroomism, RogerRabbit, mushboy, fahtster, wildernessjunkie, Ballerium, cronicr, bodhisatta
159 topic views. 3 members, 4 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.042 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.