Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMJS
Stranger
Different levels of CO2, oyster mushrooms, with pics. * 2
    #26634703 - 04/28/20 05:40 PM (9 months, 29 days ago)

I have been working with oyster mushrooms for some time now and I am shocked at how much FAE they require. I have a few photos from a few different grows, which may be of interest.

All attempts were in regular SGFC.

In the first image, I opened the box, misting and fanning roughly 5 times a day. The fruiting chamber was sat on a kitchen work top, 5 or 6 meters from any external door or opening window. As you can see they grew incredibly long stems, with very little in the cap department.

In the next image, I decided to leave the chamber right next to a balcony door. I opened the door, with the chamber in the threshold and fanned / misted 8+ times a day. Although better looking, the stems are still uncomfortably long, again with small caps.

Final image, the chamber for the most part, is out on the balcony, fanning / misting roughly every hour. The chamber was brought in at night. Although it is spring, I am living in Norway so the temperatures outside are not ideal for mushroom growth, I have been misting with warm water and filling up Tupperware with boiling water to leave in the chamber. Even with temperatures at 8 deg C (46F) outside, I have been able to keep the chamber at an average of 15 C (59F). Finally I have something which actually resembles oyster mushrooms.

I would like to set up a martha / greenhouse inside the apartment, but the only available place is 6m from any external fresh air source. Without piping and ducts to a door or window, I donĀ“t know how I would achieve enough FAE in the chamber! Maybe I just leave oysters for the summer months and do them outside.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineseagu

Re: Different levels of CO2, oyster mushrooms, with pics. [Re: MJS]
    #26634762 - 04/28/20 06:08 PM (9 months, 29 days ago)

yea umm you shoulda asked on here about what would have happened before you did it.. but hey its a wonderful pictorial now so there is that... :crying: :crying:

--------------------
Plan to win or you are planning for failure. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it. Just figure out the solution. Even if that means banging your head on a wall until the solution oozes out of you.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms