Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAbabyphoenix
You
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Human Body
A Beginners Agar Adventure, Spore to Shroom Corona Edition (Complete)
    #26621370 - 04/23/20 02:28 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Prologue

quickly.. This is from my journal but as it is my first grow along log I'd like active feedback so I'm posting here and will update both. Thanks everyone for your time and effort on these forms i love yall and you're the main reason I'm getting better at this!

4/21/20 Day after birthday

Hey Shroomery family, here goes my first grow log here. Hopefully this comes in handy down the line when i need some guidance with my new venture! And i can always look back, learn, and grow now that im committed to writing out my grows.

Here's The Plan: Syringe<Agar<Transfer Until Clean<Lc Maybe/Grain(TicTacToe)<G2G<Spawn<:mushroom2:

Like i said i plan on writing my first actual log here, so I'm also taking the time to learn to use all the little buttons up here to customize things and make it more than just bland word on screen, see?
I'll be working with 3 strains:
Mazatapecs

Red Boys

and Albino Penis Envy Reverted (I'll probably make a seperate agar log for this one since i want my first isolate to be of this.)

(Pictures from spore vendor site)

Spawning to Shoe boxes with the others once i get clean agar dishes and grain spawn cause it's what i have handy and it also allows me to avoid putting too many eggs in one basket.

Materials:
-50lb Rye Berries
-24Q Mason Jars
-A few shoeboxes, monotub,
-9 500g bircks of coir (4500g)and even more verm with gypsum, peat moss and verm for casing layer.
-All the neccisary stuff for sterile work and agar (SAB, Scalpel, blades, SHIP's, PC, gloves, tyvek sleeves etc.)

Looking for my limited resource I'd have to say it's quart jars, tubs, or coir all of which i can easily acquire more of at Target and pet stores from now on or something.

I'm certainly curious to start working with agar and even more curious to see how for this 50lb of rye gets me :crazy2:.
Will post again when the pressure cooker shows up and i start working, for now the pasty plates lie prepped.

The Beginning

4/22/20

Syringe<Agar

It's a new day with a bran new AA pressure cooker cause i guess I'm snooty as fuck. I just picked the nicest looking one with a reader on it and turns out a few search posts later it's one of the more saught-after PC's.
Winning

I went ahead and followed the Bod's EASY AF SAB, and PC tutorials to get cooking with some PastyPlates.

Once those bad boys settle down from the cook i went ahead and nocccced up 2 germination plates with both my strains. Using this video from bod (Spore to Agar).

Now we wait for some growth to make transfers to new plates until clean... riggghht?? I'm super excited, after all the mycology work for the day i need a dab  :pipesmoke2:
Will keep updated, PEACE!

4/26/20
An update for today.

Just rumaged through my fridge and found my old bag of spore prints and spore syringes from my PET grow. tossed the syringe since its the same spores but older and took 2 prints to agar! I like that much more than syringes wtf syringes are wack trying to get water on agar.... Anayway the spores are just about to be a year old ish anyone thin they'll be good?

No myc on the other plates yet but 7-20 days i guess is the time to see growth so i will post picutres when it happens!

While i was at it with the torch going and gloves on i decided to nocc up another dish with red boy so now Ive got back ups of back ups now just incase. i dont want to wait 7 days to have nothing but mold or something :rolleyes:

4/30 Update

Well it looks like all my MS to Agar plates shit the bed. The ones that grew grew mold and it seems like most of them didnt grow at all yet. But the old spores i found from my PET grow a year ago in the fridge? Those puppies are glad to be back!

Got my first Myc growth on the plates! Two of them actually. both look contam free. The other one you can barely see but the same thing going on. I used a flame sterilized scalpel to go from print to agar so I'm expecting some contamination, hoping to transfer over soon, any advice? maybe another day or two until i see the usual dime size?

I'm super excited at least something is growing! And those are only 5 days as opposed to the other stuff which is almost 8-9.

I cant really get a good picture of the other plates cause condensation. I tried shaking it off but it's a no go, just know there's either nothing or a mold farm on the other plates, im glad i did back ups.

5/2  Agar<Transfers

I have about a little less than a dime of myc fuzz from my spore print PET. I decided that's enough to grab a small slice and put on a 1 new plate each (total of 2 tranfers) before i see and icky stuff grow on the germ plate.
I scared to grab pics at this point cause i dont want to flip the pasty plate over in the SAB i have kept them mostyly upside down up until the transfers so i want to maintain that until i see healthy growth on the transfer plates then will update with clear pictures from above the pasty's!

5/3
Someone done poisoned the water hole!

Ok so... My agar prep has to be wrong or something because most of my agar dishes exploded with mold but not on the surface, on the underside of the agar puck? Sorry for the trash pics my iphone freaks out with the light but u can get the just of it through the lines.

This was taken out of the fridge 2 days...!

I'm not sure what to do here kinda sad ): But good news is not all my plates did this? Some have been out of the fridge way longer than the ones that have exploded and look crystal clear... but no myc growth either over 10 days now..
From 4/22!

I know for a fact something went wrong with my agar because some of the plates came out as water? I didnt cook it hot enough before filling the plates so i think it didnt homogenize correctly and some plates got water with some agar and some got a ton of agar :shrug: Idk that's just a guess but some of my plates came out as water after PC for 45 min so there's gotta be something up.

Anyway since i made so many plates one eventually got myc growth without the contam under the puck, check it out. First myc on agar :rockon:
As you can see i already went to absolute town on it making transfers yesterday when i realized my agar dishes were blowing up on my and wanted to get the myc away from that plate asap since it still looked good beneath

Made about 5 transfers off that into new dishes and hopefully we can get some new agar plates made today and recover from this stumble. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks everyone :pipesmoke2:

5/18 Update

Sorry about the time in between here guys but honestly not much going on. Go my PastyPrep sorted, figured out it was just remnants on the bottom of my plates not mold! :thumbup:

Also been getting used to my SAB agar work and i think i can officially say I'm at a stepping stone here as i just made my transfer 3 dishes yesterday! And i heard someone say post pics of myc when i get em... welll, Here's some a germination plate from spores and a frew T.1 plates that are showing some good genetics to work off of! Crap pics but hey pastys so no petri quality round here.

The germ plate is going hard seemingly contam free?

Here's a T.2 plate thats beginning to thin out as i transfer into more isolated genetics. Interesting. This strain never got Rhizo but it's usually pretty tomentose compared to these plates, good concentric growth though.

All in all, the T.3 plates are recovering from their drop down to agar down but other than that we have healthy myc and some promosing genetics im seeing at least. No Rhizo yet but i have more strains to play with and conditions and recipes to mess around with. Time to get more pastys and keep this thing going!

Hey everyone, I'm back! 8/28/20

I had to put my agar adventure on hold because I moved and life decided to happen so I paused and luckily most of my agar pucks were poured thick enough to not shrivel. I took the better looking full or nearly fully grown plates Tic Tac Toed them into some prepped rye jars in my SAB about 10 days ago. Ive shaken a few thrown a few away from mold and the slower ones are looking very healthy!

All the same jar here. Best looking one so far

A close up :grin:

:awebig:
Will keep updated as always, peace! :pipesmoke2:
-Pho
:heart:
11/17 The Long Awaited Ending

Here we are again. Another step in this beautiful adventure we call life. Being a human. Again it's been a while but im back for another update. After something like 200 days i spawned the jars that had been fully colonized for over a month to two shoeboxes of verm only :freewilly: cause why not and against everyone's suggestions here and at first, i was skeptical but they are on their second flush and no green monster yet! I had mistook some bruising early on for mold but twas a mistake.One tub is putting up creamy colored fruits with whiter gills then normal. The fruit still bruises blue and still provides a nice experience though :smile: Anyway here's where we're at!

First flush:

The testing rounds of course  :cheers:

Second flush:

One box got about 3 different types of mold post second flush. The other box is completely mold free and just pushed out the third what im calling her final flush. Pleasure doing business with ya time to get a new project in the shoebox.

Flush 3:

250g wet. Not bad

As i heard pasty once say its nothing to write home about or anything but hey fruit in hand while i start up some other projects from scratch :stoned:
I moved to a new place and have a whole space to myself and my antics again :hehehe: and i got tired of wasting time and spores so i quit fucking around and switched to pour plates so i could get the fuck to work. Thank you so much c10 for putting me on the right agar path your directions on your tek mixed with D3monic's perfect transfer tek has got me so ready to do some SAB work!

Here's the majority of my MS-> Grain jars just so i can get started asap and get prints out of the ones that don't contaminate. hopefully, spore works makes a nice clean syringe :thumbup:

Also since im sure some these wont make it to a shoebox i went ahead and broke into one early since i hate starting cultures with a syringe on agar and went ahead and took some APE colonized grains and put them on agar to start working faster. I basically used a jar as a germ plate which is a waste of time and resources but hey, it was just a pint.

I also got into tissue cloning. I took a "biopsy" from the center thick fruit (the 1 in the ball jar suspended in water in the picture above) and put it onto a few dishes. As well as a couple of pins from a cluster on a couple of dishes.  Hopefully That goes well first time experimenting with that.

I'm in way over my head for just starting real agar. I have 150x petries and i can already see how thats not going to last when i just started so many projects. My APE, AA+, PE6, my PE6 pin clones, My PE6 Chunk clones, my TC like jeez. Im gunna need more Petris. :lolsy:

Anyway I think we're done! Thats spore to shroom corona edition for ya. time to get some other log going for all the above mentioned stuff :smile:

Until the next agar adventure, take care  :fingerpistol:

Edit: Here's the continuation of this log with the new agar!

Edited by Ababyphoenix (02/05/21 09:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemr. whothehell
Stranger

Re: A Beginners Agar Adventure, Spore to Shroom Corona Edition [Re: Ababyphoenix]
    #26621433 - 04/23/20 03:28 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

that's always nice to see some one star a new adventure with agar.

there something that's puzzle me a bit : don't you put any hole in your PP5 dishes ? I always put one little all and cover it with MP tape just to prevent the container explode.

I won't mind too much about isolation, look for the clean growth

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

Re: A Beginners Agar Adventure, Spore to Shroom Corona Edition [Re: mr. whothehell]
    #26621446 - 04/23/20 03:41 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

If you look closely in the picture of all my supplies before i got my PC yo can see the small micropore tape over the hole in the side of the PastyPlates, recommended in the tek now so you dont have to use paper towels.

Yeah clean growth, i hear isolation is overrated anyway and multi spore can actually be better. :blush:

--------------------

:sporedrop::aum:Pho's MushiAventures::aum::sporedrop:
:heartpump:My '21 GLOG:heartpump:
:peace: LAGM 2022 :peace:

Offlinemr. whothehell
Stranger

Re: A Beginners Agar Adventure, Spore to Shroom Corona Edition [Re: Ababyphoenix]
    #26621543 - 04/23/20 05:38 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

yhea I saw it now, I use to do that on top, so my visual on the side is free, but as always is a personal preference.

yes, isolation it's not automatically synonymous of a good quality fruit producer,

you always have to test it in order to see it

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

Re: A Beginners Agar Adventure, Spore to Shroom Corona Edition [Re: mr. whothehell]
    #26622952 - 04/23/20 05:25 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I've been looking more int cloning and what not and yeah, gotta find that  1-100 200% BE clone for sure! But like you said i have to fruit to find out :smile:

Gives me something to work towards!

--------------------

Offlinemr. whothehell
Stranger

#26623694 - 04/24/20 12:08 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

yhea that's the right way

I love cloning, I think the is one of the most difficult thing to do, but it really worth the efforts.

post some pics of your plate when you'll see something appear

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
    #26623761 - 04/24/20 01:22 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

You might enjoy taking a look at the agar guide in my sig

The streaking technique is dope if your goal is isolates, I've gotten one as fast as 4 transfers using it. Basically serial dilution on the surface

But do you really want isolates? Why?

If so, you need to test LOTS at a time to find a good one

For most people, you are better off going spore>agar>clean culture>grain then cloning some promising fruits/clusters, then testing those clone cultures  to find a good one and focus on that

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

Re: A Beginners Agar Adventure, Spore to Shroom Corona Edition [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26623809 - 04/24/20 02:20 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

c10h12n2o said:
You might enjoy taking a look at the agar guide in my sig

The streaking technique is dope if your goal is isolates, I've gotten one as fast as 4 transfers using it. Basically serial dilution on the surface

I've seen that but i dont have a loop! I was going to use my scalpel but i might have to get nifty and make a loop or something if that wont work.

Quote:

c10h12n2o said:

But do you really want isolates? Why?

I do not actually want isolates. When i wrote this originally a few days ago my high as was confusing isolates with clones. I just read a couple posts on isolation and how long it can take and potential to be fruitless time wasted when i couldve been looking for dope clones, so i wont be doing that.

Update for today: I got 2 more dishes nocced up to work on my SAB technique and conifdence, and also just incase my first ones turn out to be complete trash or something i have backup germination plates now :smile:

Other than that finished PC'ing the rest of the pasty plates that didnt fit yesterday and got all 24 of them loaded in foil inside my SAB waiting for work. Will probably frige them for now until it's time to make transfers.

--------------------

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Re: A Beginners Agar Adventure, Spore to Shroom Corona Edition [Re: Ababyphoenix] * 1
    #26623814 - 04/24/20 02:27 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah it's fairly easy to make one. But I love my cheap one from amazon lab supply store, it's great. Very cheap

Nice sounds like you are on track!

--------------------

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

#26623836 - 04/24/20 02:56 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Definitely am!

Wow your flow hood is awesome dude im jealous! Agar addict  :rockon:

Thanks for the suggestion cleaning up ms projects with that streak tech ill have to try it once i get some loop thing going or grab one. I could attempt with my blade but idk what do you think the chances of that being effective are? Just take the 15$ shipping loss on a cheap loop or something instead of fucing around

--------------------

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

#26624992 - 04/24/20 03:06 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

You can just make one outta wire, I think bod has a tek somewhere,  fairly simple

--------------------

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Offlinemr. whothehell
Stranger

#26626654 - 04/25/20 09:18 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

#26628751 - 04/26/20 03:27 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

4/26/20
An update for today.

Just rumaged through my fridge and found my old bag of spore prints and spore syringes from my PET grow. tossed the syringe since its the same spores but older and took 2 prints to agar! I like that much more than syringes wtf syringes are wack trying to get water on agar.... Anayway the spores are just about to be a year old ish anyone thin they'll be good?

No myc on the other plates yet but 7-20 days i guess is the time to see growth so i will post picutres when it happens!

While i was at it with the torch going and gloves on i decided to nocc up another dish with red boy so now Ive got back ups of back ups now just incase. i dont want to wait 7 days to have nothing but mold or something :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinemr. whothehell
Stranger

#26629296 - 04/26/20 09:26 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

an year old spore print kept in the fridge should be good, bet as always you've to test it.

you've to be patient in this hobby

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

#26638279 - 04/30/20 05:04 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

4/30 Update

Well it looks like all my MS to Agar plates shit the bed. The ones that grew grew mold and it seems like most of them didnt grow at all yet. But the old spores i found from my PET grow a year ago in the fridge? Those puppies are glad to be back!

Got my first Myc growth on the plates! Two of them actually. both look contam free. The other one you can barely see but the same thing going on. I used a flame sterilized scalpel to go from print to agar so I'm expecting some contamination, hoping to transfer over soon, any advice? maybe another day or two until i see the usual dime size?

I'm super excited at least something is growing! And those are only 5 days as opposed to the other stuff which is almost 8-9.

I cant really get a good picture of the other plates cause condensation. I tried shaking it off but it's a no go, just know there's either nothing or a mold farm on the other plates, im glad i did back ups.

--------------------

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

#26642473 - 05/02/20 12:18 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

5/2  Agar<Transfers

I have about a little less than a dime of myc fuzz from my spore print PET. I decided that's enough to grab a small slice and put on a 1 new plate each (total of 2 tranfers) before i see and icky stuff grow on the germ plate.
I scared to grab pics at this point cause i dont want to flip the pasty plate over in the SAB i have kept them mostyly upside down up until the transfers so i want to maintain that until i see healthy growth on the transfer plates then will update with clear pictures from above the pasty's!

--------------------

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

#26646650 - 05/03/20 06:02 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

5/3 Someone done poisoned the water hole!
Ok so... My agar prep has to be wrong or something because most of my agar dishes exploded with mold but not on the surface, on the underside of the agar puck? Sorry for the trash pics my iphone freaks out with the light but u can get the just of it through the lines.

This was taken out of the fridge 2 days...!

I'm not sure what to do here kinda sad ): But good news is not all my plates did this? Some have been out of the fridge way longer than the ones that have exploded and look crystal clear... but no myc growth either over 10 days now..
From 4/22!

I know for a fact something went wrong with my agar because some of the plates came out as water? I didnt cook it hot enough before filling the plates so i think it didnt homogenize correctly and some plates got water with some agar and some got a ton of agar :shrug: Idk that's just a guess but some of my plates came out as water after PC for 45 min so there's gotta be something up.

Anyway since i made so many plates one eventually got myc growth without the contam under the puck, check it out. First myc on agar :rockon:
As you can see i already went to absolute town on it making transfers yesterday when i realized my agar dishes were blowing up on my and wanted to get the myc away from that plate asap since it still looked good beneath

Made about 5 transfers off that into new dishes and hopefully we can get some new agar plates made today and recover from this stumble. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks everyone :pipesmoke2:

Edited by Ababyphoenix (05/03/20 06:11 PM)

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

#26679073 - 05/18/20 02:08 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

5/18 Update

Sorry about the time in between here guys but honestly not much going on. Go my PastyPrep sorted, figured out it was just remnants on the bottom of my plates not mold! :thumbup:

Also been getting used to my SAB agar work and i think i can officially say I'm at a stepping stone here as i just made my transfer 3 dishes yesterday! And i heard someone say post pics of myc when i get em... welll, Here's some a germination plate from spores and a frew T.1 plates that are showing some good genetics to work off of! Crap pics but hey pastys so no petri quality round here.

From above

The germ plate is going hard seemingly contam free?

Here's a T.2 plate thats beginning to thin out as i transfer into more isolated genetics. Interesting. This strain never got Rhizo but it's usually pretty tomentose compared to these plates, good concentric growth though.

All in all, the T.3 plates are recovering from their drop down to agar down but other than that we have healthy myc and some promosing genetics im seeing at least. No Rhizo yet but i have more strains to play with and conditions and recipes to mess around with. Time to get more pastys and keep this thing going!  Will try and get better pics later.

Will keep updated as always, peace! :pipesmoke2:

--------------------

Edited by Ababyphoenix (05/19/20 08:15 AM)

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

#26904148 - 08/28/20 12:52 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hey everyone, I'm back! 8/28/20

I had to put my agar adventure on hold because I moved and life decided to happen so I paused and luckily most of my agar pucks were poured thick enough to not shrivel. I took the better looking full or nearly fully grown plates Tic Tac Toed them into some prepped rye jars in my SAB about 10 days ago. Ive shaken a few thrown a few away from mold and the slower ones are looking very healthy!

All the same jar here. Best looking one so far

A close up :grin:

:awebig:

A couple trouble makers

But no worries more where that came from am I right? :mushroom2:
As always more to come when i get there. Grain to grain is next and coming soon!

--------------------

Edited by Ababyphoenix (08/28/20 12:53 PM)

OfflineAbabyphoenix
You

#26929604 - 09/11/20 09:28 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

It's 9/11 and we have a fully colonized jar from agar!

I think it looks good! But I'm not 100% sure as I don't have a prestine eye for bacterial jars yet. So that plan is to G2G this jar into 6 others and start shoe boxes, I was thinking 3 (2q each) but well see. Ill stay posted once I make a decision as to spawn just this jar (if its bacterial) or g2g it!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags