Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent
I'm a teapot User Gallery

How to start a cult
    #26628384 - 04/26/20 12:01 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

I'm just trying to get the groundwork of it before I dive in,

How would you Intice people into joining your cult and how do you think you would alter their being to benefit your own? Hypothetically speaking  :takingnotes:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

Loc: DS9
Re: How to start a cult [Re: Ovoidhunter]
    #26628403 - 04/26/20 12:10 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Sex, relationships, etc perverted philosophical system, psychedelic drugs for suggestibility and more, etc.
Semi Cloistered part self sustaining community system.  Etc.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or - give me death caps

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent

Re: How to start a cult [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26628420 - 04/26/20 12:20 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

I was thinking of the perverted philosophical group thinking and mass psychedelic drug rituals.. Let's hear more. :smile:

You could draw folk in with sex that's what Charles Mansons did and get them to stay with the drugs. Nice

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
NO GODS, NO MASTERS
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Coast 2 Coast Flag
    #26628427 - 04/26/20 12:22 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

You need charisma and charm, be well spoken and give the people what they want. The ideas don't really matter. You need to latch onto a couple of common ideas and be head and shoulder sabove everyone else.

Look at Joel Osteen, Hitler, David Koresh, Chuck Manson, realestate agents, multilevel marketing leaders. All those dudes.

Pandemic time would be a great time to start a cult.

OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: How to start a cult [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #26628430 - 04/26/20 12:24 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Just ask the Tiger King.

--------------------
As lightless oblivion devours you, drown in the ever-blooming darkness.

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent

#26628435 - 04/26/20 12:26 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Where would I meet these suggestible people?

I assume I would need a compound somewhere.. spicemaster would probably let me use his corona bugout property in Mexico. He seems like he'd be down with co-founding a cult.

--------------------

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

#26628447 - 04/26/20 12:33 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Use psychedelics predatorily to smash their world view by gritting past their ego’s defenses and protection chemically, make them think although you’ve shown them the truth , only you have the whole complete picture of the truth at all times - that your special and chosen by using illusions and tricks and abusing knowledge of things they don’t know better about.

Etc,  making things more dualistic, emphasizing much of society is going in the wrong direction and is misguided Nd ignorant , and that you are leading the new ancient way back to the garden - shit like that.  Pretending to be a master of all religions and traditions and being enlightened, sitting silently for long times with “spiritual” eyes that gleam bc they’re slightly Dilated  as trick to them you look more spiritually enlightened  - pretending to be a master meditator but really just sitting in the posture and thinking of yourself the whole time in a delusive way.  Etc

Setting up guidelines that are really rules,  doing some good things to makes people focus on the good and look past the unwholesomeness of your cult or you and having the cover of when I do something wrong it’s because you don’t understand the truth and in a higher reality it’s right, but when you do it it’s just wrong and ignorant.

Taking advantage of the vulnerable, homeless, drug addicts, drug addicts who are just getting clean, naive yet intelligent and successful worldly families from which to mooch off if’s their life savings, lots of varied individuals with skills to make your cult seem very advanced.

... Basically like the “ WILD COUNTRY”. The documentary conveying The “self proclaimed” Guru Osho and his commune and followers.
Definitely be self proclaimed and move, and change your name so there’s no trace of you before the cult begins in any shape or form recruiting or going public or advertising.  That way you won’t need to have gone to a seminary or been given acknowledgment from a monestary or temple and it’s previous abbot or Roshi as having received  transmission of lineage.  That way you can say you did it all on your own bc your special .  Etc.

--------------------

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
NO GODS, NO MASTERS
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Coast 2 Coast Flag
    #26628449 - 04/26/20 12:34 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Domestic abuse victims, AA, the food bank line, where ever there are desperate people.

Spicemaster is too old to be starting a cult.

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

#26628457 - 04/26/20 12:39 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Taking/recruiting people and ideas and methods and techniques from already established groups like religions,  churches, temples, cults, associations, groups, orgs etc - maybe open a private food bank, and a medical clinic, and a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center, and a yoga center, and a meditation center, and a bookstore, animal shelter, farm that’s organic, etc etc etc.  do it for mostly free or appear to so that people will think your pure and good and be charming to a fault, then they will be enhanced and beguiled by appearances and not what’s behind the facade.

Use tactics to instill happiness when deep in the cult, and fear for leaving it or the farther one gets away from the main doctrines and disciplines in it.  Recruit people that are intelligent and charismatic but less so than you to run the businesses and be the face of the front line of your cult - hot  smart woman and men etc , who are true believers and no all the arguments but in a perverted way so as to beguile those who enter or are nearby or around your establishments.

--------------------

Edited by The Blind Ass (04/26/20 12:43 AM)

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent

#26628461 - 04/26/20 12:42 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Damn bruh:rofl:

You would make a hella good cult leader.

--------------------

OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #26628463 - 04/26/20 12:44 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
Use psychedelics predatorily to smash their world view by gritting past their ego’s defenses and protection chemically, make them think although you’ve shown them the truth , only you have the whole complete picture of the truth at all times - that your special and chosen by using illusions and tricks and abusing knowledge of things they don’t know better about.

Etc,  making things more dualistic, emphasizing much of society is going in the wrong direction and is misguided Nd ignorant , and that you are leading the new ancient way back to the garden - shit like that.  Pretending to be a master of all religions and traditions and being enlightened, sitting silently for long times with “spiritual” eyes that gleam bc they’re slightly Dilated  as trick to them you look more spiritually enlightened  - pretending to be a master meditator but really just sitting in the posture and thinking of yourself the whole time in a delusive way.  Etc

Setting up guidelines that are really rules,  doing some good things to makes people focus on the good and look past the unwholesomeness of your cult or you and having the cover of when I do something wrong it’s because you don’t understand the truth and in a higher reality it’s right, but when you do it it’s just wrong and ignorant.

Taking advantage of the vulnerable, homeless, drug addicts, drug addicts who are just getting clean, naive yet intelligent and successful worldly families from which to mooch off if’s their life savings, lots of varied individuals with skills to make your cult seem very advanced.

... Basically like the “ WILD COUNTRY”. The documentary conveying The “self proclaimed” Guru Osho and his commune and followers.
Definitely be self proclaimed and move, and change your name so there’s no trace of you before the cult begins in any shape or form recruiting or going public or advertising.  That way you won’t need to have gone to a seminary or been given acknowledgment from a monestary or temple and it’s previous abbot or Roshi as having received  transmission of lineage.  That way you can say you did it all on your own bc your special .  Etc.

Don't forget to scope out vulnerable people looking for meaning and direction in their lives.

--------------------
As lightless oblivion devours you, drown in the ever-blooming darkness.

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

#26628467 - 04/26/20 12:47 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

I shit you not, I’ve had enough people say to me in real life that they would follow me if I ever started a movement that its scared me.
Just goes to show how ignorant many normal people are.  The way psychedelics can elucidate the nature of mind to some individuals in a way so as to know how people are generally is a gift and a curse.

--------------------

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

#26628470 - 04/26/20 12:48 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

And I bet there’s a select % of psych users who have the same thing going on.

The other 3/4ths are as much sheep as anybody, but think they are not, making them prime candidates for being mislead by some idiot high on himself,

You might be amazed how well it all translates over to politics.

--------------------

Edited by The Blind Ass (04/26/20 12:49 AM)

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: How to start a cult [Re: Thanatos10]
    #26628471 - 04/26/20 12:49 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
Don't forget to scope out vulnerable people looking for meaning and direction in their lives.

I say start with people who are looking into ways to start a cult. They are the perfect sucker. They are willing to take things further because they believe they are learning how to cult directly. Before they realize that they are firmly stuck in the cult and will never be the charismatic leader they wanted, it's too late!

Oh wait, that's how multi-level marketing schemes work too.

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

Re: How to start a cult [Re: PatrickKn]
    #26628473 - 04/26/20 12:51 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Quote:

Thanatos10 said:

I say start with people who are looking into ways to start a cult. They are the perfect sucker. They are willing to take things further because they believe they are learning how to cult directly. Before they realize that they are firmly stuck in the cult and will never be the charismatic leader they wanted, it's too late!

Oh wait, that's how multi-level marketing schemes work too.

A lot of those types get stuck working as upper level underlings for the cult leader ,  desiring to one day secretly usurp them.  Just like politics, but most never do, a few though manage, but not many.

--------------------

Edited by The Blind Ass (04/26/20 12:51 AM)

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

#26628480 - 04/26/20 12:56 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Guru worship is as old as man, and while it has a legitimate function, it’s purer form is  the exception rather than the rule.

Humans are hardwired for that kind of thing, and it’s by skillful manipulation of our innate or natural hardwiring and software and an above average understanding of human nature that gets used in a perverted way that allows for people to besusceptible to such predatory phenomena

Aware or unawares, The world hierarchy in our species is in large part founded on a version of it, as seen in gov. Jobs, schooling, the family unit, friends, religion, politics, etc.

--------------------

Edited by The Blind Ass (04/26/20 01:00 AM)

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent

#26628489 - 04/26/20 01:02 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

What is a cult? Pretty sure the term could just as easily apply to some of these big businesses that have their underlings working away to fatten up their bank accounts while they barely have enough to survive on and politics as well. Politics is a big one. People are so dependent and confident in their leaders. When they don't even know them or have ever met them in real life besides watching them on television. For some reason tho they believe that they have their best interest in mind. Cracks me up. Now that is how you run a cult.

--------------------

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

#26628492 - 04/26/20 01:04 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

Right, the word cult can cover a wide variety of things, some wholesome, some unwholesome, usually mixed in nature.

Cults that thrive often leave that descriptor behind to history and become norms, but they still retain elements of the cult form.

--------------------

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

#26628501 - 04/26/20 01:08 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

My parents are deeply religious, and have been very good to me, but I find their faith in the church -more so than some of the teachings and wisdom attributed to Christ - to be deeply disturbing.  At the same time, i completely  understand it and they are well off in a way, so I don’t attempt to seriously broach that subject with them anymore, instead just judging them as the individuals they and others are case by case.  Love em and people.  Regardless of a cults ethical or moral standing - appearance wise or substance wise- they serve a vital essential role in human society, structure/function of it.  And I don’t think I’ve ever seen a successful community of any sort ever not display elements of a cult.  It’s that foundational. 

--------------------

Edited by The Blind Ass (04/26/20 01:12 AM)

OfflineOvoidhunter
Buttery Crescent

#26628517 - 04/26/20 01:17 AM (9 months, 25 days ago)

My relatives are all religious too and I get it because that's one of the positive cults. They promote good morals to live by and give you a set structure to live your life by. Those people are happy. The only way to have longevity in your cult is to keep your followers satisfied and its even better if you can empower them and give them hope. I get it.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Community >> The Pub