Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
6th Venom

My view on Islamic fundamentalists
    #2662813 - 05/11/04 01:10 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It seems to me that most Muslims in the Middle East as well as Britain and the USA hate us Westerners anyway and that we can't do anything right. When I see these Muslim groups expressing their hatred of the West, I understand their point of view, I also see that we in the West will never be forgiven by fundamentalist Muslims. The problem with this, is that if you hate us and want to wipe Britain and the USA off the face of the earth, which is certain fundamentalist Islamic ideology, then how is the West supposed to react to that. It seems to me that the militant Islamic people are wanting a fight to the last man, a kill will be killed scenario involving the murder of millions of people. I am very thankful for the lack of relative success that terrorists have had, because if they were to manage a devastating attack on America, they would be a very real chance that America would launch a nuclear attack as a last resort taking out the entire of the Middle East and every Muslim country in the world.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
old hand

Re: My view on Islamic fundamentalists [Re: crippledavenger]
    #2663372 - 05/11/04 03:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

most Muslims in the Middle East as well as Britain and the USA hate us Westerners

I don't have statistics, and I'm sure some do.

But, I've met Arab or Pakistani Muslims at school and in commerce, both here and in Europe. All were polite, and at least two that I can think of went out of their way to introduce themselves and talk with me in a freindly manner.

Most Muslims just want to live prosperous and happy lives. Many feel strongly about US policies in the Middle East, but only a few have a general hatred of Westerners and the Western way of life.

There are Muslim doctors, engineers, entrepaneurs; The Arab nations have some of the world's best food. If you have a chance to go to a Arab or Pakistani restarant, go there. Talk to the people inside - even if nearly all of their clientelle is Muslim, they're very unlikely to have any trouble with you and might be happy to see a non-racist white person.

In fact, the only time I've ever felt uncomfortable in a restaurant or other place of business, like some people felt I didn't belong there, was in a soul food restarant in America. They served me alright, though, and the food was damn good.

point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2663405 - 05/11/04 03:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Just like phi, I have met many from the Mid East who display none of the anger/hatred that you speak of. In fact, I don't think I've ever met someone from the Middle East who showed any hatred towards "westerners"! Now I'm sure some exist...just as there are some westerners who display a hatred towards people from the Mid East...

I can understand the hate, from those who do hate our western culture. Don't forget that "we" (western society) and especially the USA have meddled in the Mid East for many, many years. Unfortunately for us civillians, the actions of our governments are really all they see over in the Mid East. That being the case...how else would you expect them to view us?

You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

El Guapo

Loc: Street of Dreams
    #2663949 - 05/11/04 05:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Im sure most of the Arabs who hate the west are less educated and poor, and thus would never be able to meet a westerner at school or business etc...

Just as the Arabs dont meet the US's racist trailer trash people...they meet the smart and stable business people who can afford to go there....

I think more Arabs and Muslims hate us than we like to think, but i hope not....there are a few good things about the west....just a few  :hippie: :usa: :flowerchild:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion