Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDeckardCain
Stay a while and listen
 User Gallery

Was planning on eatin these oysters tonight are they ready?
    #26625089 - 04/24/20 05:58 PM (9 months, 27 days ago)

I mean they’re kinda small and all, but the caps look like they’re flat or am I off, first time growing them

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineForresterM
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Was planning on eatin these oysters tonight are they ready? [Re: DeckardCain]
    #26625411 - 04/24/20 08:41 PM (9 months, 27 days ago)

They're good to eat there, but you might be able to go another day?  The edges will get a little flatter.

Not that they're better if you wait, just might be a bit bigger.

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

InvisibleDeckardCain
Stay a while and listen
 User Gallery

Re: Was planning on eatin these oysters tonight are they ready? [Re: Forrester]
    #26625471 - 04/24/20 09:14 PM (9 months, 27 days ago)

Ate half of the ones growing on the top of the bucket, made in a pasta for the wife and i
Side question should I try to dunk the whole bucket? Say in a clean garbage can full of water? Or maybe just leave a hose running with slow amount of water over it for a few hours?(there’s tiny holes in the bottom of the bucket too
Do they seem overly small to you?

--------------------

Edited by DeckardCain (04/24/20 09:16 PM)

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Was planning on eatin these oysters tonight are they ready? [Re: DeckardCain]
    #26625680 - 04/24/20 10:46 PM (9 months, 27 days ago)

Those were grown outside weren't they why do they have such a long stipe? Somehow air is getting restricted and not getting to the mushrooms. They should not have that long of a stipe especially growing outside.

Offlineseagu

Re: Was planning on eatin these oysters tonight are they ready? [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26626326 - 04/25/20 08:14 AM (9 months, 26 days ago)

depends on the strain. some have just smaller caps. I saw that on an outside bucket grow I had years back. The longer stipes are from clusters from the top of the bucket sitting in a kinda bowl area and not from the clusters growing out the side?

--------------------
Plan to win or you are planning for failure. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it. Just figure out the solution. Even if that means banging your head on a wall until the solution oozes out of you.

InvisibleDeckardCain
Stay a while and listen
 User Gallery

Re: Was planning on eatin these oysters tonight are they ready? [Re: seagu]
    #26626374 - 04/25/20 08:38 AM (9 months, 26 days ago)

Quote:

seagu said:
depends on the strain. some have just smaller caps. I saw that on an outside bucket grow I had years back. The longer stipes are from clusters from the top of the bucket sitting in a kinda bowl area and not from the clusters growing out the side?

yea thats right, the only ones i harvested and the tall stipes are from the ones in the top "bowl" section, i didnt mean for them to fruit there but they did , lol off the walls of the bucket. its in a garage so the air is stale, im guessing the co2 builds up in the bowl part? the other clusters dont seem to have large stems but i havent harvested them yet

--------------------

Offlineseagu

#26626430 - 04/25/20 09:16 AM (9 months, 26 days ago)

Quote:

DeckardCain said:
Quote:

seagu said:

yea thats right, the only ones i harvested and the tall stipes are from the ones in the top "bowl" section, i didnt mean for them to fruit there but they did , lol off the walls of the bucket. its in a garage so the air is stale, im guessing the co2 builds up in the bowl part? the other clusters dont seem to have large stems but i havent harvested them yet

I'm assuming the bowl shape is causing fae issues, yes.

--------------------
Plan to win or you are planning for failure. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it. Just figure out the solution. Even if that means banging your head on a wall until the solution oozes out of you.

OfflineForresterM
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Was planning on eatin these oysters tonight are they ready? [Re: seagu]
    #26626578 - 04/25/20 10:34 AM (9 months, 26 days ago)

that's what I was going to say as well, even the smallest reduction in airflow and oysters will show it!

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms