Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRRedBBeard
SE Connecticut
Male
Loc: SE CT
Re: Stones expansion [Re: 345536345]
    #26598526 - 04/13/20 05:23 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I'm a little late to the party, but thought I'd add my 2 cents. I originally joined the Shroomery 8 years ago, got distracted and disappeared for a while, and have been back for a few months now.

First off, a question: I thought sand and verm would be problematic in mexicana sub or casing, making the stones crunchy? One experiment I'd like to try is putting a thin casing in a colonized jar before breaking it up looking for stones? I just have a feeling that the colonized sub would be very strong, and the co2/rh could be easy to manage that way. All this should encourage fruiting?
I got a ms syringe of galindoi from Sporeworks in early March, and have really enjoyed watching it grow in rye, based on Violet's tek. I soaked/pasteurized the rye in fertilizer amended water, got it to fc, then let it stand at room temp a couple of days before sterilizing/noc, per that tek.
Is it possible that my original 4 jars, started on March 7 could be almost fully colonized? In the past few days there's been very active, obvious growth of stones day-to-day. Fae is only via a small polyfill vent.

I was surprised to read that some of the stones can be well over 4 ounces. If the stones don't like light, you can't prove it by my cultures! I started 2 additional jars of galindoi last week, and 3 more last night.
So, at what point should I dig into the jars to see what's growing? I'm going to try my jar casing experiment first to see what happens--it's low risk anyway.
Thanks!

--------------------
The only difference between a rut and
a grave is the depth of the hole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

Re: Stones expansion [Re: RRedBBeard]
    #26599371 - 04/14/20 01:03 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I would take a couple of those jars, stones and all And spawn it to CVG. The amount you get in bulk It's a lot more than you get in jars. This way you can have an experiment Which gives you the best harvest for each method, plus have a chance for fruits

InvisibleRRedBBeard
SE Connecticut
Male
Re: Stones expansion [Re: Edmunter] * 1
    #26599481 - 04/14/20 03:17 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Again, my question: doesn't the addition of vermiculite (or sand) in either the sub or the casing mean that the stones will incorporate that into their structure? That could be less than pleasant....

--------------------

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#26599588 - 04/14/20 06:00 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I couldnt tell the difference and Im not sure because the sand is supposed to be non nutricious casing resembling its natural environment?  If you look back in this thread you can read about sand casing from mycolorado where he gets fruits by casing with sand.  If you dont want fruits just spawn to coir and verm or just coir if you like aswell just for Science :popcorn:

InvisibleFractalXplora
Grainiack
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stones expansion [Re: Edmunter]
    #26623776 - 04/24/20 01:51 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I found spawning jars tohorse poo gave me MONSTER stones i mean huge things that filled your hand. didnt get many shrooms tho but wow those stones keep on growing in poo and become massive. I yielded 600g from a smallish tub.

--------------------

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

Re: Stones expansion [Re: FractalXplora]
    #26623936 - 04/24/20 04:45 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Niceone, I wanna try poo.  What ratios did you spawn too?

InvisibleRRedBBeard
SE Connecticut
Male
    #26624191 - 04/24/20 09:01 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

General question here--I have jars of galindoi 7 weeks along. At what point should the stones be harvested, how do you tell if they've maxed out? They appear to be a little less attached to the glass and the sub is being pulled back as the stones grow. One jar shows a little myc piss.
If a stone is cracked while harvesting, will it heal, or should it be dried out and stored?
Thanks!

--------------------

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#26624519 - 04/24/20 11:27 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RRedBBeard said:
General question here--I have jars of galindoi 7 weeks along. At what point should the stones be harvested, how do you tell if they've maxed out? They appear to be a little less attached to the glass and the sub is being pulled back as the stones grow. One jar shows a little myc piss.
If a stone is cracked while harvesting, will it heal, or should it be dried out and stored?
Thanks!

In a jar you have to guess a little but 2-3 months should be ok.  They will be fine for a few more months in there.  Once you harvest use the stone free spawn to try to get some mushrooms

Dont dry these,  just separate and freeze if you arnt going to eat them within a few of weeks in the fridge.  Bulk grows are still better and the stones look and taste the same from both jars and tubs

InvisibleFractalXplora
Grainiack
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26640381 - 05/01/20 02:38 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RRedBBeard said:
Thanks!

was around 1 quart to about 5 poo mate alt7-=

--------------------

OfflineSuper_Fun_Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Stones expansion [Re: FractalXplora]
    #26684354 - 05/20/20 09:34 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Heya,

So I was finally able to grab some Ps. Mex Jalisco, which i've been wanting to get hands on for a while. I put some on a couple plates of Agar to see if I could get that ball rolling but am fairly inexperienced with Agar, with everything really.

I wanted to ask for any tips/advice for these strains and also if someone would be kind enough to take a look at this agar growth and see if it looks right for the variant.

Same day that i did the jalisco i also started some Fiji and some Transkei - I did the Transkei in rice bags which i've never tried before and it looks like they're already garbage, pretty sure there's no way the below (last pictured) is not contam.

Ps. Mexicana, Jalisco on Agar;

Uncle Ben's New and Improved Mold-in-a-Bag!

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

Re: Stones expansion [Re: Super_Fun_Guy]
    #26684672 - 05/21/20 12:49 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Give it a few more days and get better photos

OfflineSuper_Fun_Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26700617 - 05/27/20 11:05 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Howdy -

Updated photos below, first time trying to grow something on Agar so i don't know if this looks right - to me it looks a bit off but again i don't know. This is the plate that didn't do great, this is the extent of it's growth. The other one has almost filled the plate. Does this actually look like healthy myc growth to you?

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#26700693 - 05/28/20 12:29 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Super_Fun_Guy said:
Howdy -

Updated photos below, first time trying to grow something on Agar so i don't know if this looks right - to me it looks a bit off but again i don't know. This is the plate that didn't do great, this is the extent of it's growth. The other one has almost filled the plate. Does this actually look like healthy myc growth to you?

Yep that looks good

OfflineSuper_Fun_Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26709051 - 05/31/20 12:26 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Edmunter said:
Quote:

Super_Fun_Guy said:
Howdy -

Yep that looks good

Ok awesome, quick update - this is the other stronger growth plate. I noticed it's making these little white nodes now. I initially thought they may be the start of primordia/pins or maybe even stones but again inexperienced and would rather get a more educated guess. Any idea on your end? Does this plate also look ok? I am thinking to transfer a sliver to a new plate soon as well.

Thanks again!

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#26709146 - 05/31/20 01:26 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

they r stone forming.  clone one or 2 to new plates.

OfflineSuper_Fun_Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26711224 - 06/01/20 10:53 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Edmunter said:
they r stone forming.  clone one or 2 to new plates.

Awesome thanks for the assist man, appreciate it!

OfflineSuper_Fun_Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26724580 - 06/06/20 04:57 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

quick update, i did try to xfer some of those small stones; had a couple seemingly successful but the below is def contam right? it grew pretty quickly and does not look like mycellium. Annoying.. :/

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#26725569 - 06/07/20 03:41 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

That looks like cobweb.  The centre bit looks ok?

OfflineSuper_Fun_Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26726094 - 06/07/20 09:47 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Damn, that's what i thought as well. Yea the center does still seem healthy though, is it worth trying to salvage anything from it?

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#26726104 - 06/07/20 09:51 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Year the whole poit of agar is to clean plates.  Just be very slow a steady when uoi tansfer to new plate. First sign of growth transfer again as quick as possible.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds