Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs
    #26510882 - 03/01/20 07:04 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

Some police departments are putting out fake warnings that illicit drugs could be contaminated with coronavirus in an effort to make drug arrests.

The Tavares Police Department in Florida and the Merrill Police Department in Wisconsin are among those that have taken to social media offering to test methamphetamine and other drugs.
"If you have recently purchased Meth, it may be contaminated," with coronavirus, Merrill Police Department said on Facebook. "If you're not comfortable going into an office setting, please request any officer and they'll test your Meth in the privacy of your home. Please spread the word! We are here for you!"
"Bring it by our station and we will test your batch within minutes!" Tavares Police Department said.
At least 2,976 people have died from coronavirus globally. There are now 71 confirmed and presumptive positive cases of the virus in the United States, including one fatality.
Some people criticized the department's posts online.

"I would rather not see police departments making 'jokes' like this online or posting false information about a pandemic that is already being treated cavalierly by the executive branch," Jessica Thill commented on Merrill Police Department's post.

"This would be funnier if addiction (often a maladaptive coping skill formed as a result of trauma experienced in the form of abuse, neglect, abandonment, etc. during vital development stages of the brain during a human being's life) wasn't a disease that devastates individuals, their families, and their communities," another commenter, Karriann Elise, said.

The post from Merrill police was updated to acknowledge the critical comments it received. But, the department added, similar ploys have worked before and are done with the intention of keeping people safe.
"Just to give you some history, we have actually experienced people report their illegal drugs being stolen, being ripped off in a drug deal, being sold a look-a-like illegal substance, etc.," the department said. "So this attempt, although a long shot, still had some possibility behind it."
"It is our hope that every drug arrest both works to hold offenders accountable for their deeds and provides them with a path toward treatment options."

Police departments using social media to push fake drug campaigns have caused a stir before. In July, a Tennessee police department warned against flushing drugs down toilets and sinks because it could create meth gators. The post was not meant to be taken seriously, the department said.
"Let us be perfectly clear: the meth gator was a humorous illustration used to highlight the dangers of flushing drugs and other substances down your toilet," the Loretto Police Department wrote on Facebook.

Note: it’s always Florida PD doing this crazy shit, “ask any officer to test yer meff, they’ll gladly help out”
Fucking dickwads

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (03/01/20 07:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #26510887 - 03/01/20 07:09 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

Jessica Thill couldnt help but take a shot at the executive branch, must be butt hurt that trump let those blacks out with his first step act

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: Fractal420]
    #26510894 - 03/01/20 07:13 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

Well at least they can have a sense or humor about destroying people’s lives.  I’m sure that comment about arresting them in order to direct them towards treatment was from the heart..

Fuckin’ assholes.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: Amanita86]
    #26510897 - 03/01/20 07:16 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
Well at least they can have a sense or humor about destroying people’s lives.  I’m sure that comment about arresting them in order to direct them towards treatment was from the heart..

Fuckin’ assholes.

That comment is horrible, I agree. As If you can arrest and treat successfully at the same time. Maybe you can keep people on methadone, but as soon as their doc is available 98% (approx) will jump right back on it

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: Fractal420]
    #26511154 - 03/01/20 10:26 AM (4 years, 28 days ago)

Everyone who goes to the dispensaries is allowed to stick their nose in the bulk containers sold to everyone, at least here in oregon. This practice can't be safe.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #26511324 - 03/01/20 12:26 PM (4 years, 28 days ago)

To be fair. Merrill Wisconsin is an absolute fucking shithole because of cops and rednecks. Would be really beautiful otherwise

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #26511576 - 03/01/20 03:17 PM (4 years, 28 days ago)

At least you can sometimes live alongside rednecks..

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #26512377 - 03/02/20 07:14 AM (4 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
Jessica Thill couldnt help but take a shot at the executive branch, must be butt hurt that trump let those blacks out with his first step act

"his" first step act? Trump barely had anything to do with it, his biggest contribution was not vetoing it...which would have looked bad considering the final vote was largely bipartisan(Sessions and other GOP members did everything they could to prevent it from coming to a vote, but most wouldn't put a no vote on the record to be used against them although about a third of the GOP voted no in both chambers).

He sure as fuck didn't have anything to do with crafting the legislation...whose original draft predates his presidency.

Also..."those blacks"??? Are you serious?

Not to mention, no one needs to have a vendetta with Trump to criticize this administrations response(if you can call it that) to the coronavirus...which has been a shitshow all around and displayed vast incompetence throughout.

Edited by Holybullshit (03/02/20 07:22 AM)

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: Holybullshit] * 2
    #26513803 - 03/02/20 11:56 PM (4 years, 27 days ago)

I don't think law enforcement should be allowed to spread disinfo on viruses. I think its time its time they got off their fat asses and did something about human trafficking and property crime instead of victimless drug crimes.

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

Edited by viraldrome (03/04/20 12:59 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: viraldrome]
    #26515866 - 03/04/20 05:17 AM (4 years, 25 days ago)

They absolutely should Not be able to spread misinformation. As they say, it’s worse than a pandemic in itself, and makes things much much worse. If LE are able to just jokingly do that shit, it’s just fucking wrong. Let’s use a novel virus panic to trick some dumbass dealers into letting us “test” your stuff

Btw, Also makes a mockery of harm reduction. Who would trust any future police harm reduction if they’re known to just trick and arrest people?

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinebassplayer
Stranger
Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about corona virus contaminated drugs [Re: Fractal420]
    #26529142 - 03/11/20 01:11 PM (4 years, 18 days ago)

Did you say" Treated cavalierly by the executive branch?" Ha Ha! I've been watching, and this president has saved our butt! He stopped people from coming in before the first death ever happened. he also gave the family's money if they have lost work because of this flu type disease ,he donated his paycheck to the effort, and he had our economy built up so we can stand a hit like this, we could have went into a downfall very easily.Obama let thousands die before he did anything with the sickness that hit when he was president.look IT UP.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about corona virus contaminated drugs [Re: bassplayer]
    #26529382 - 03/11/20 03:50 PM (4 years, 18 days ago)

WTF are you talking about? Do you actually believe that bullshit you are spouting?

The pace of job growth was increasing more at the end of Obama's presidency than it ever has under Trump...this is despite Trump ballooning the deficit. Trump didn't build up shit, he inherited an economy on the upswing(after Obama saved our ass from the financial crisis created by Bush) and has done nothing but hurt it.

Sure Trump donates his paycheck(tax break)....and then reaps HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS by constantly staying at his own hotels.

Quote:

Trump donated $100,000 of his salary to fight coronavirus. He’s made much more than that off the presidency.
Don’t be fooled — Trump’s “donation” of his salary is a sham.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/4/21164477/trump-donates-salary-hhs-coronavirus

And Trump hasn't personally given any money to any fucking families...where do you come up with this shit? He "donated" his paycheck to HHS.

And what sickness are you talking about? I don't recall a pandemic that originated outside the US reaching the US during the Obama's presidency...there was Ebola, which Obama handled very well(obviously). Are you talking about H1N1? He declared that emergency before anyone died...

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/04/facebook-posts/president-obama-declared-h1n1-public-health-emerge/

Quote:

Obama’s acting director of health and human services declared H1N1 a public health emergency on April 26, 2009.

That was when only 20 cases of H1N1 — and no deaths — around the country had been confirmed.

Maybe you should take a long hard look at where you get your info from.

In fact, Trump dismantled Obama's disease response team, which is largely why is response has been such a incompetent shitshow.

Trump isn't handling it, he's pretending there is nothing wrong and going against expert advice ever chance he gets. For example, https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/03/coronavirus-white-house-overruled-recommendation-seniors-avoid-flying.html

He won't even get test kits distributed because he is trying to suppress the total number of confirmed cases.

https://news.yahoo.com/only-5000-americans-have-been-tested-for-the-coronavirus-so-far-151447195.html

Can you explain that? Why the fuck had so few Americans been tested at the time of writing???

Edited by Holybullshit (03/11/20 08:44 PM)

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about corona virus contaminated drugs [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26620752 - 04/22/20 06:14 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

we already can't trust the popo and now they pull this shit, always known cops are liars and crooks.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #26624171 - 04/24/20 08:45 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

passifloracaerulea said:
Everyone who goes to the dispensaries is allowed to stick their nose in the bulk containers sold to everyone, at least here in oregon. This practice can't be safe.

That must depend upon your location because here in my area you never see the bud until its dispensed to you.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: Doc9151] * 1
    #26624280 - 04/24/20 09:43 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Those sniffing containers at the CBD stores in my state are just that. Sniffing only. Not where the CBD buds get picked from.
But cbd is fake weed anyway.

User Gallery

Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: Doc9151]
    #26624322 - 04/24/20 10:04 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
Quote:

passifloracaerulea said:

That must depend upon your location because here in my area you never see the bud until its dispensed to you.

How do you choose something that you can't see or smell? Fuck that.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#26624347 - 04/24/20 10:17 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I was very disappointed the 1st time I went to the dispensary,  if ordering online it's even worse, at least walking in to shop you can find out the and cannabinoid content.

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: passifloracaerulea] * 1
    #26624624 - 04/24/20 12:15 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

passifloracaerulea said:
Quote:

Doc9151 said:
Quote:

passifloracaerulea said:

How do you choose something that you can't see or smell? Fuck that.

Go to a real dealer lol. Dispensary is for tourists

User Gallery

Re: Police departments put out fake warnings about coronavirus contaminated drugs [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26625661 - 04/24/20 08:29 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Dealers are illegal, jeesh! Why buy amateur weed for $150 when I can get 35% gmo cookies or runtz that taste like candy for $250?

Offlinemeepins
Stranger

#26706918 - 05/30/20 10:40 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

passifloracaerulea said:
Dealers are illegal, jeesh! Why buy amateur weed for $150 when I can get 35% gmo cookies or runtz that taste like candy for $250?

mmmm candy

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds