Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
Dunk and Roll Tek? Is this correct?
    #2662139 - 05/11/04 09:18 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I have just recently came back to the world of growing. And there have been a few advances in the way mushrooms have been grown in just the short year that I have been away. One of which that I have been reading about is the dunk and roll. I normally case my mushrooms but two of my jars finished way ahead of the others and since I am teaching my girlfriend this art I decided to show her how to grow of cakes as well as cases. I wanted to do the dunk and roll but I cant find a tek on it using the search engine.(maybe im just stupid). The idea seems simple enough so I decided to just try and figure it out on my own. This is what I did.

Put some vermiculite and a little bit of 1/9 h2o2/distilled water (barely made the verm damp) in a bowl with saran wrap and microwaved to sterilize.

I then took the cakes that I dunked and cold shocked for approx. 24 hours, and a rolled them around in the bowl until a very light layer of verm was stuck to the outside of the cake. I also used my hand to try and evenly distribute the verm over the cakes.

I hope this is close to what I was supposed to do. I'll take pictures of the cakes when I go home for lunch. and post them here later. Could someone please post a link to this tek and some photos of some cakes they rolled.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: Dunk and Roll Tek? Is this correct? [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #2662187 - 05/11/04 09:39 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

thats what i did for that except thats a full pint and i tried to get as much verm as possible to stick on there as i could. i have never read the tek either i just did what it's called, dunked it then rolled it :grin:  anyone have the link?

--------------------

OfflineDr. Greenthumb
HipHopHead 4Life

#2662264 - 05/11/04 10:18 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineNexxiss
Mushroom Mage

Loc: Mich,USA
    #2699738 - 05/19/04 04:01 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

ok i just cant find an answer to this , i thought you shouldnt touch the cakes with your hands at all, i was told they wouldnt fruit?? so how do you dunk and roll?

Nex

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Dunk and Roll Tek? Is this correct? [Re: Nexxiss]
    #2699745 - 05/19/04 04:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

just wash your hands well beforehand with anti-bacterial soap.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Dunk and Roll Tek? Is this correct? [Re: Tao]
    #2699922 - 05/19/04 05:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The Links that GreenThumb put up tell you exactly how to dunk and roll Nexis.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinefrock
    #2700662 - 05/19/04 12:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I pick my cakes up all the time without washing or anything. As long as you have a healthy cake there will be no problems, but it probably doesnt hurt to wash them either.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation