Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineSnowDaze
Back in the Saddle
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #26630658 - 04/26/20 09:47 PM (1 month, 23 hours ago)

first off, they are not even called strains. A strain is a virus, a strand is a piece of thread or hair, a different variety of cannabis is called a Cultivar these days because it is a plant that was cultivated for a specific purpose usually to retain genetic traits of the specific phenotype you are working with.

Now, its not a marketing ploy at at... anyone who has grown cannabis and made hash can tell you there are some big differences in the two. First off, Sativa's originate from Africa and other places with strains like Durban Poison and Indica's come from places like Afghanistan where the name Kush actually originates. Now these plants have different flowering periods and also grow very different in appearance but for the most part the only thing differentiating them is the terpene profiles... that is what makes the different effects, they both contain THC just like the other and some contain CBD and other cannabinoids but THCV for example is only really found in Sativas. They also have different head sizes that are the best for making hash.

so why would the scientist say they are the same??? because we have cross bread things so much that you cant say for sure how a hybrid will effect you because they all have different terpene profiles and each type has some more often than the other...

this could go on for days but long story short... they are wrong

--------------------
:gd_icon: If you get confused just listen to the music play :gd_icon:

:smugjerry: :feelswierman:

:wook: :barbershreds: :scumbagsteve:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblenatzyshroomer
Star gazer

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: SnowDaze]
    #26631385 - 04/27/20 07:06 AM (1 month, 14 hours ago)

A lot of good opinions in here to agree with.
my nose never lead me astray

--------------------
All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit

OfflineSnowDaze
Back in the Saddle
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: natzyshroomer]
    #26631544 - 04/27/20 09:05 AM (1 month, 12 hours ago)

exactly, if you smell it and it connects with you. Your individual endocannabinoid system reacts different than others to the terpenes in the flower or hash which can usually tell you if you are going to enjoy it or not

--------------------

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: SnowDaze]
    #26631824 - 04/27/20 11:54 AM (1 month, 9 hours ago)

cloning doesn't guarantee that the end product will always be the same, it only means they share the same genetics and have the potential to produce a similar product. It also makes sense that there will be degradation of the genetics after a while,  I believe that it has already been proven that you can only clone something a few times before mutations happen, but even without that happening I still say it varies plant to plant.  I've grown clones and each plant is definitely different in the way they produce and the end product and they are all in they same conditions.

--------------------
Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#26632191 - 04/27/20 03:30 PM (1 month, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

SnowDaze said:
exactly, if you smell it and it connects with you. Your individual endocannabinoid system reacts different than others to the terpenes in the flower or hash which can usually tell you if you are going to enjoy it or not

:mindblown:

--------------------
R.I.P
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #26632345 - 04/27/20 04:59 PM (1 month, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Quote:

SnowDaze said:

:mindblown:

I don't know about that, it helps but I've smoked weed that smells like pig shit,  literally and some super A5 that smelled like hay or cut straw grass but had an excellent head high that started out really energizing but then couch lock starts creeping in. Speaking of creeping,  I haven't had any good creeper weed lately, not since the brickweed went away, seeds also are disappearing from bags so homegrowers will have to order seed or try to keep clones but that's not always possible.

--------------------
Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineSnowDaze
Back in the Saddle
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Doc9151]
    #26632671 - 04/27/20 08:03 PM (1 month, 1 hour ago)

no taking a cut does retain the same phenotype, popping a seed gets you a new one. Do you work in cannabis Doc?

--------------------

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Doc9151]
    #26632975 - 04/27/20 10:37 PM (30 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
cloning doesn't guarantee that the end product will always be the same, it only means they share the same genetics and have the potential to produce a similar product. It also makes sense that there will be degradation of the genetics after a while,  I believe that it has already been proven that you can only clone something a few times before mutations happen, but even without that happening I still say it varies plant to plant.  I've grown clones and each plant is definitely different in the way they produce and the end product and they are all in they same conditions.

Clones can change if the environment changes drastically, thats really it. Many of our supermarket fruits are sourced exclusively from clones.

Unless the environment changes drastically clones will produce the same cannibinoids as the parent plant, at the same ratio, as long as harvesting is done in the same manner.

OfflineSnowDaze
Back in the Saddle
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26633029 - 04/27/20 11:01 PM (30 days, 22 hours ago)

exactly, thats how you retain a phenotype and then if you breed it with itself it will retain those same genetics which is where you see things like BX2 and things like that... Georgia Pie is a Animal mints Bx9 x something im pretty sure... so they have taken it pretty far. The problem is that the scientists dont smoke and dont understand that everyone has a different endo system so they dont get that looking at it on paper isnt the same as feeling the subjective effects.

--------------------

OfflineYukon Cornelius
Bumble Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Peppermint Mines
    #26634461 - 04/28/20 03:54 PM (30 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

SnowDaze said:
exactly, thats how you retain a phenotype and then if you breed it with itself it will retain those same genetics which is where you see things like BX2 and things like that... Georgia Pie is a Animal mints Bx9 x something im pretty sure... so they have taken it pretty far. The problem is that the scientists dont smoke and dont understand that everyone has a different endo system so they dont get that looking at it on paper isnt the same as feeling the subjective effects.

I don't think this is a fair assumption, there are a LOT of scientists who smoke.

The argument is that strain name means little for subjective effects given that growing parameters have a greater impact on psychoactive content rather than it's expressed phenotype.

--------------------
"I didn't know chicken's wore suspenders" - Towelie

OfflineYukon Cornelius
Bumble Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Peppermint Mines
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: musiclover420]
    #26634468 - 04/28/20 03:58 PM (30 days, 5 hours ago)

On a side note, holy shit musiclover420 I had no idea Terminal Passage is your channel!

That's been my go to for work music playlists these past 6 months. You have exquisite taste my friend.

--------------------
"I didn't know chicken's wore suspenders" - Towelie

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Boof-aware
Male

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Yukon Cornelius]
    #26634717 - 04/28/20 05:47 PM (30 days, 3 hours ago)

I grew for a while in the late 90s and early naughts back when you had to order seeds from abroad that were predominantly bred in holland and a little bit in canada. Cultivars were more distinct back then and we still argued over what indica and sativa meant.

C99 had just made a huge splash as short flowering plant with all the high of the long flowering sativas. Other short flowering supposed land race sativas were coming into breeders hands like durban poisin and high altitude equatorials like burmese (my fav) and nepalese. We argued endlessly over whether these were true sativas.

But it didnt matter, a market that had been stuck with bigbud beaster dro and seedy commercial weed was head over heals with the products and growers were getting more able to grow thanks to medi. Carbon filters became excellent and odor control was no longer a problem like it had been with ozone and other methods. Cuttings were becoming widely traded etc.

Good times. But at the end of the day this is a cash crop and yield/time/watts/price drive the game. The ease of obtaining cuttings and other factors like thc testing led to the dominance of the 8 week high thc hybrid cultivar. Sure some have blue berry, some have durban or kush but they all have same 8-9 week flower and pretty much look and smoke the same.

I would say only long flowering strains flowering for 12 weeks or longer are truely what we once knew as a sativa.

I bred my own seeds at one point and had such a 12.5 week strain. It smelled like bananas and could cut through a day spent smoking the 8-9 week strains and send you into orbit.

But 12 week strains cost 50% more in lights and time for similar yield. They also expose the grower to 50% risk of bugs, mold, disease or bust/jacking if not legal.  In reality a 12 week strain should cost 75% more than an 8 week strain and the market simply won't bear it.

Unless these scientist were studying weed grown privately that included long flowering land races this study is garbage, which I assume is the case.

--------------------
"You can't learn what you don't want to hear" - Weir/Barlow

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Sugabearcrisp] * 1
    #26635053 - 04/28/20 08:24 PM (30 days, 50 minutes ago)

no, I don't work in cannabis but have been using it since the age of 8, been around it all my life.

Environmental changes can never be exactly the same  that is why I believe that there is so many fluctuations in the same clone, even in the same grow room there are differences in temperature, humidity, nutrients and more. Conditions can never be duplicated exactly and close only counts in horse shoes, handgrenades and hydrogen bombs.

this is my last grow, a small sample., by the way. if you grow your own do not take wild mushrooms in your grow room and change your clothes after handling wild mushrooms and going into the grow room or Spiderman he'll will breakout.  I learned that the hard way.

Edit: the 2liter coke bottle is literally touching the back of the buds to give size comparison.

--------------------

Edited by Doc9151 (04/28/20 08:29 PM)

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #26635082 - 04/28/20 08:33 PM (30 days, 41 minutes ago)

I have 4 mystery seedlings going right now and it's interesting to see the obvious distinctions in shape/growth. 2 of them clearly look more indica and the other 2 have more of a sativa/hybrid look.

Assuming all 4 make it and are female I'm excited to compare the effects/taste, really hoping one of them is blue cheese or something else dank as they were all dispensary seeds in random bud.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: musiclover420]
    #26636280 - 04/29/20 10:38 AM (29 days, 10 hours ago)

There's a difference between the two on a macro level,  I have grown both,  sativa's are not as pretty as Indica dominant strains, they are scraggly compared to the nice dense indica strains with their large wide leafs and dark green color. Indica dominants are by far my favorite to grow indoors but sativa grown outside makes for beautiful plants.

It will be at least a year before I start Again so keeping my seed viable is my only concern,  but I have successfully sprouted 10 year old seed that was locked in a safe  so it shouldn't be a problem.

Not sure what you guys do for humidity levels but the plants in the above pic were grown in a humidity range of 30_50% to keep down the risk of powdery mildew and other things. High humidity is nice but not necessarily needed to get large dense bud, light. light and more light with good temperatures 70-80 no than 85 under the lights and regular water and feeding,  stressing the plants in the last 3wks will increase trichome productivity, no fertilizer the last month or it can affect bud flavor in my opinion. Natural ferts like horse, cow and chicken manure are my best friends when it comes to choosing ferts, no commercial garbage other than wormcastings.

--------------------

Offlinesmokescreen
80's Transformer
Male User Gallery

Loc: north carolina
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: HappySloth]
    #26641191 - 05/01/20 02:10 PM (27 days, 7 hours ago)

I love the equalizer analogy.  As a community in general, we cannabis users learned quite alot from the man-made cannabinoids.. There are a few I really miss.. like the original JWH-018, JWH-210 and MAM-2201.  There were also some pretty hard core ones like a mix called MAD HATTER in 2015.  I'm guessing DMT is about as intense as that mix... One hit blew all my "trips" out of the water... L, Shrooms, 5-meo-dipt, 2C-Tx, etc

--------------------
:ganja: "Let's get together and feel alright" :ganja:                  :cubie: :mushroom2::tripping:

Edited by smokescreen (05/01/20 02:18 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service