Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Microscope, Pink Floyd, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineviraldrome
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Yukon Cornelius]
    #26620743 - 04/22/20 08:09 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

I already knew this. No one can tell sativa vs indica in blind taste tests. Minimum wage dispensary employees should not be giving out health advice anyway. I smoke weed but the entire culture around it is obnoxious

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Buckomcdoogle]
    #26621628 - 04/23/20 08:44 AM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Buckomcdoogle said:
Any bud tender will tell you,

The difference between the 25$ 8th and the 55$ 8th is minimal.

Growing potent cannabis is fairly easy, growing cannabis that tastes good and is enjoyable to smoke is a lot more difficult.

That's kind of been my whole point through this entire thread....the difference between two strains in potency may be minimal, but that doesn't speak to all the other differences between them.

Quote:

but I hate all the pretense/pretentiousness and shit surrounding that wine snobbery.

That still speaks more to your experiences with people, and doesn't say one single thing about wine.

Same thing with stupid potheads who think they know WTF they are talking about and don't...just because they are puttings on airs, can't distinguish myth from fact, and aren't familiar with the real science surrounding the topics they believes themselves to be experts in...thats their problem, and it has nothing to do with cannabis in and of itself.

And I am sure as fuck not going to let them limit me, or stop me from experiencing the joy of exploring the nuances between different strains of cannabis any more than I would let a wine snob stop me from uncorking and enjoying a good bottle.

Edited by Holybullshit (04/23/20 08:57 AM)

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26621680 - 04/23/20 09:25 AM (1 month, 4 days ago)

as far as potency vs price there's very little difference if any at all. In my opinion,  THC content combined with cannabinoid content, terpenes and the other properties of the cannabis strains on the market are what makes them unique when used as a medicine and not just a vehicle to get high. Marketing tactics also play a part in the scheme,  kind of similar to the Cubensis strains being marketed today, essentially a cube is a cube but some like pens envy will have certain traits not seen in other strains but on a DNA  level it's just a cube.

--------------------
Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Offlinemr. whothehell
Stranger

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Ythan]
    #26621723 - 04/23/20 09:49 AM (1 month, 4 days ago)

I always thought that it was a matter of marketing and personal suggestion, now scientist seems to think the same.

but I also think that any plants is different and as a different ratio of molecule in it, but it's a mater of cultivation more then I matter of strain in my opinion

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: mr. whothehell]
    #26621754 - 04/23/20 10:05 AM (1 month, 4 days ago)

I think it varies plant to plant personally, at least that seems to have been my experience so far. Take Jack Here saliva for instance,  I've had it some like what you would think a saliva should be like; energetic, invigorating, can cause anxiety, but then it has also been like an indica where I get couch lock.

Marketing is a major factor in the way it is presented to the public,  but in my opinion it doesn't need all this glitter and fancy terminology, the bud speaks for itself so many variations in the same strain.

--------------------
Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineNosmoKing
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Buckomcdoogle]
    #26621838 - 04/23/20 10:45 AM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Buckomcdoogle said:
Working in the industry as much as I have has made me hate 90+% of potheads.

"Do you have any ACAPULCO PURPLE GRANDAD OG SHISKABERRY THUNDERFUCK GRANDAD?"

Hold on, let me go look.......

Me in my head-(Just buy some weed you fucking dipshit)

Sometimes I think it'd be fun to work at the pot store and lead people on.

"This particular strain drives a deep desire for Pink Floyd and Cheetos.  While this one over here will make you draw pianos."

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: viraldrome] * 1
    #26622051 - 04/23/20 12:58 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

After 35 years in the bar/rest biz I've seen and waited on and met a wide variety of people, and that wine shit is just that, horseshit (IMHE) Pay as much or as little as you like and go wherever you like. Been there, done it all. I say enjoy life as you like.:heart: I was stating my very strong opinions on the whole weed and wine biz. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. The best weed I ever had was what I grew, lol. I'm not about to make any wine, shit hurts my stomach anyway.

Quote:

viraldrome said:
I smoke weed but the entire culture around it is obnoxious

I agree 100%

--------------------

Watermelon man-"I think that society and just everything , it dose a good job at making people want to live some bull shit fairytale. it's mostly just so they can suck whatever out of us. The only thing they can suck is my dick." :smile:

Offlinedownlowfunk
Retired Festival Veteran
Male

Loc: Physical Realm
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26622432 - 04/23/20 03:53 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

I disagree.

Sativas take longer to flower and are taller, plus the buds are shaped like a spear. That certainly is different.

I have Sativa based CBD trim and it is energizing. 
I also know people from Sudan that Sativas do not work for, and they always prefereed Indica.  Sudanese Charcoal Black people.  The younger brother he grew up here and Sativa did work for him. the older Cats, Nope.

Edited by downlowfunk (04/23/20 04:26 PM)

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: downlowfunk]
    #26622540 - 04/23/20 04:33 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Different weed is definitely different in my experience. It's not placebo because back in the day before weed was legal I often had no idea what strain I was getting but I would notice differences.  How much of that is due to environmental factors or genetics is harder to say.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Peyote Road]
    #26622590 - 04/23/20 04:57 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Different weed is definitely different in my experience. It's not placebo because back in the day before weed was legal I often had no idea what strain I was getting but I would notice differences.  How much of that is due to environmental factors or genetics is harder to say.

how long had it been sitting in some warehouse is another in illegal weed, especially the brick weed from south of the border.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Doc9151]
    #26623103 - 04/23/20 08:22 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Bullshit. I've been using medical marijuana for 12 years since I was 14 one of the first in California of that age I've had A LOT of weed over the years and as nice as sativa can be, even the highest thc sativa can't take away certain muscle and stomach pains. Also indicas are always more shooting during ptsd attacks. Also several times people have tried to trick me and every single time I know whether it's a sativa by how it works medically. Maybe that's just me I don't know for sure if that's definitely a lot of experience specifically with medicating.

--------------------
R.I.P
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #26623366 - 04/23/20 10:24 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

I think it has more to do with when you harvest it than anything else, along with how its stored/cured.

Were the trichomes clear, milky or amber?

When THC degrades it turns into CBN aka CANNABINOL.

Which is responsible for the sometimes unpleasant anxienty inducing effects.

--------------------
"Nothing is more dangerous to your creativity than comfort and familiarity"

“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.” - Zappa

"It's called rational thinking" - Zappa

"Logic leads to nihilism..."

Love, in a lot of ways is like good drugs, when you get good drugs its very obvious you got good drugs.

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26623374 - 04/23/20 10:27 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

Ever have weed that gives you a really dirty gross feeling buzz?

Yeah, thats CBN, It was either:

A. Stored improperly.
B. Harvested too late.
C. Or it's been sitting around for a long time.

--------------------

“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.” - Zappa

Love, in a lot of ways is like good drugs, when you get good drugs its very obvious you got good drugs.

Edited by Buckomcdoogle (04/23/20 10:28 PM)

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26623376 - 04/23/20 10:28 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

When you harvest bud with clear trichomes, the buzz is definitely a lot more uppity/speedy

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#26623401 - 04/23/20 10:39 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

So you're saying white widow grown well could put people to sleep like most indicas can ? It usually seems like two different experiences. Is it easier to grow indicas? Maybe that could be it

--------------------
R.I.P
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #26623418 - 04/23/20 10:48 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

The only time genetics really matter is when you are growing it, it effects how long the plant takes to flower.

Sativas can grow substantially bigger but you are looking at 3-4 moths of flowering as opposed to an indica that might be done in 60-80 days.

Any non autoflower plant has the potential to yield 1 lb+ in the right conditions.

The longer you wait to harvest the plant after its ready, the more sedative it will be.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#26623422 - 04/23/20 10:50 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

Hmm interesting :themoreyouknow: personally do you feel there's a difference in effect range?

--------------------
R.I.P
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26623468 - 04/23/20 11:16 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

Clear trichomes - Speedy. The big problem with harvesting it at this phase is, the plant tacks on a lot of resin in the last week or so.

Milky - This is when the THC or THCA is the highest

Amber - A large portion of the THC has turned into CBN, Its sedative, and more likely to cause anxiety.

There are a lot of different ways people do it, as is the nature of this business.

The absolute best way to tell when a plant is ready to chop, is to look at the trichomes under a microscope/jewelers loupe .

Secret of the trade: Most growers drop the humidity in their grow rooms in the last week or two, it causes the plant to tack on more abundant resin glands.

The theory is, it prevents the plant from losing moisture.

After all, the buds entire purpose of being sticky is to get pollen to stick to it.

--------------------

Edited by Buckomcdoogle (04/23/20 11:19 PM)

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Doc9151] * 1
    #26624791 - 04/24/20 03:36 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
I think it varies plant to plant personally, at least that seems to have been my experience so far. Take Jack Here saliva for instance,  I've had it some like what you would think a saliva should be like; energetic, invigorating, can cause anxiety, but then it has also been like an indica where I get couch lock.

Marketing is a major factor in the way it is presented to the public,  but in my opinion it doesn't need all this glitter and fancy terminology, the bud speaks for itself so many variations in the same strain.

With seeds for sure, obviously, but if they are clones and are grown and harvested under the same conditions...then the difference is probably you.

Of course, thats the thing with epigenetics, even among clones these differences will still arise if environment is different enough...especially if a couple different grows separate those clones.

This is what growers are seeing when they talk about clone degradation..."genetic drift" is more accurate but it should be "epigenetic drift", thats also why some growers don't believe in it...because the environment has stayed relatively stable through multiple clonings so they don't see it...but if things change from grow to grow, or especially if those clones are propagated by different growers in different settings with different grow methods, you will definitely see it.

But even if growing conditions are the same, method of harvesting is very important...cannabinoids can vary by a surprising amount based on things like light conditions/type/timing, temperature, humidity, even time of day, leading up to and around the time of harvest. Even after harvesting cannabinoid levels can continue to fluctuate for some time.

Don't even get me started on how the bud is treated after harvesting, curing and then storage will have a more profound affect on how it smokes than any other factor, and combined with conditions at harvest can affect flavor/bouquet/aroma almost as much as strain.

I also wanted to touch on marketing, glad you mentioned it, marketing affects people's expectation bias...don't underestimate how powerful this can be. So the way cannabis is marketed creates a self-fulfilling prophecy.

OfflineElChapoEscobar
NOOBIUS MAXIMUS

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26625568 - 04/24/20 09:49 PM (1 month, 2 days ago)

It only makes a difference to me as a grower.

Harvest times, plant size, harvest weight, etc.

as for effects ive always felt the same. weed either gets me high or it doesn't. as long as it has that smell, taste, and effect of primo weed, you can call it WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU LIKE.

but reggie is reggie no matter what you call it. i live in washington state. not only did it break my heart to watch my real weed plugs go away but i haven't had real fresh quality homegrown shit in so long, im gonna go cry while people buy $55 8ths of overdried dirt and think they're on top of the world.

i actually got convinced to buy a $15 gram from "LOUD" brand yesterday because she gave me %20 and it literally smelled like you took a ball of dry dirt and broke it apart. i know you know that smell.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Microscope, Pink Floyd, San Pedro

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service