Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Scales, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands, USA Flag
There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say * 1
    #26618733 - 04/21/20 11:00 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say
www.insider.com

When you enter a marijuana dispensary you're met with sterile white walls and glass-encased counters that hold marijuana flower, vape pens, chocolates, gummies, and other psychoactive goodies.

Whether a dispensary has a menu hung on its wall, a digital list patrons can scroll through on an iPad, or a physical paper booklet they can flip through, these informational materials, at the very least, classify each marijuana strain as an "indica," "sativa," or "hybrid," and may also include information on the effects and THC concentrations of the Sour Diesel strain or the Blue Dream strain, for example.

This setup, adopted by breeders, dispensary owners, and consumers, suggests there's a dichotomy of marijuana types: indica, which is said to physically relax the body and give a sedative effect, and sativa, which is said to be energizing and provide more of a head-high. Hybrid strains are also sold and considered a midway point between indica and sativa marijuana strains.

In reality, no scientific evidence supports this dichotomy because on a molecular level, indica and sativa strains don't have pattern differences that set the two "types" apart from each other. As a result, consumers may inadvertently buy marijuana strains that don't actually align with the perceived effects they're marketed to provide.

Still, consumers and retailers still use the classification system because it's the only one available, which makes pinpointing the best strains for each person's end goal a trial-and-error process.

"In the absence of any other useful system to classify marijuana, strain and indica-sativa dichotomy is all breeders and distributors have, kind of like what Winston Churchill said about democracy," Jeff Chen, the Director of the UCLA Cannabis Research Initiative, told Insider. "It's the worst system invented, but the best we have."

Researchers now know that on a molecular level, there's no difference between an indica strain and a sativa strain of marijuana, but that wasn't always the case.

In the 18th century, shortly before North American farmers began growing their own cannabis, French biologist Jean Baptiste Lamark proposed a cannabis classification system based on the appearance of the various cannabis plant samples he had been sent from India, according to the journal Cannabinoids.

Through his observations, Lamark decided cannabis indica plants were shorter and firmer stems with thick stubby leaves that grew in alternating patterns, while sativa-type plants were taller with feathery thin leaves. Lamark said each of the two plants, because of their physical traits, had different uses and effects.

Lamark's classification wasn't a perfect approach though, and in the years following, botanists challenged his dichotomy theory, saying there was actually only one cannabis breed, cannabis sativa L, which could adapt and take on various physical traits and provide different brain and body effects, explaining why two cannabis plants can look so different.

But by then, medical professionals interested in the healing properties of cannabis had adopted the sativa and indica dichotomy as a way to make the substance more palatable and less scary-sounding to the mainstream who had become fearful of the mysterious drug.

Still, as new technologies emerged that allowed researchers to examine cannabis at its molecular level, they found even more evidence that the system Lamark created, one that breeders, sellers, and consumers adopted for various reasons over the decades, was inaccurate.

When researchers were finally able to look at cannabis plants on more granular levels, they found the plant's looks weren't everything and using its physical traits to determine its effect was too simplistic of an approach.

According to Chen, scientists realized through molecular testing that there is just one species of cannabis, cannabis sativa L.

The reason it can look and act so differently in the body from strain to strain is because the environment in which the plant is grown can change its flavor and effect profile while maintaining its genetic base. Factors like the temperature, humidity, soil nutrients, sunlight, and altitude can all affect how a person who smokes, vapes, or eats a marijuana product from that strain will physically react, Chen said.

So a Sour Diesel strain grown in California will smell, look, taste, and cause body reactions that aren't identical to the physical and chemical properties of Sour Diesel grown in Colorado.

For that reason, some breeders and sellers have started using terpenes to classify marijuana strains. Terpenes are non-psychoactive organic compounds found in marijuana that play a role in the smell and flavor of each strain, but there are over 100 different ones, meaning this system could be just as complicated as a trial-and-error one.

Jake Pasternack, the CEO of marijuana brand Binske, compares this approach to beer drinking: "I know I like pilsners and am simple when it comes to beer, but I didn't know that until I tried other types of beer."

Unlike the old-world wine industry where grape growers must follow a governing body's strict set of guidelines, there isn't a regulatory agency in the marijuana industry that requires cultivars to name their strains a certain way, Pasternack told Insider.

"So you see a massive mislabelling of strains, which is often unintentional," Pasternack said, because many cultivars get sent their marijuana seeds from a massive seed bank and don't always know the exact chemical compositions of those seeds, which eventually grow into the plants they harvest and sell to dispensaries.

Today, cannabis growers or cultivars also crossbreed certain strains to make their own proprietary blends, further complicating the process for consumers who are on the hunt for a specific marijuana-induced effect.

At Binske, for example, Pasternack and his team will crossbreed six or seven different strains of marijuana to create one-of-a-kind strains that only Binske knows the recipe for and sells.

Pasternack tells a dispensary a couple of the strains his team used to give those retailers a general idea of what they're selling with consumers come into the store asking questions.

Despite the shortcomings of the indica and sativa classification system, the industry and consumers continue to use it when selling and shopping for marijuana.

"It's a tragic comedy in this space," Pasternack said. "The retail establishment wants to keep it as simple as possible for consumers because they're often coming fresh into the space without knowledge" of marijuana.

An unintended result of keeping things simple, however, could be leaving consumers who are eager to experience the pain-relieving or anxiety-decreasing effects of marijuana feeling confused or defeated because they didn't get what they thought they were getting when they asked for an indica or sativa or hybrid.

If a more accurate system existed, that same group of people could more easily come across a life-changing solution, like realizing a particular strain significantly manages their depression symptoms, and decide they no longer need antidepressants, Chen said.

For the time being, Chen and Pasternack both believe a trial-and-error approach, rather than saying you only like indicas or sativas, is the best way for a person to pinpoint the marijuana strains that work well for their needs.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Ythan] * 4
    #26618956 - 04/22/20 12:58 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Ive literally been saying this for years.

Its all marketing.

You cant tell stoners anything that goes against their beliefs.

--------------------
"Nothing is more dangerous to your creativity than comfort and familiarity"

“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.” - Zappa

"It's called rational thinking" - Zappa

"Logic leads to nihilism..."

Love, in a lot of ways is like good drugs, when you get good drugs its very obvious you got good drugs.

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Buckomcdoogle] * 2
    #26618968 - 04/22/20 01:03 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Working in the industry as much as I have has made me hate 90+% of potheads.

"Do you have any ACAPULCO PURPLE GRANDAD OG SHISKABERRY THUNDERFUCK GRANDAD?"

Hold on, let me go look.......

Me in my head-(Just buy some weed you fucking dipshit)

--------------------

“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.” - Zappa

Love, in a lot of ways is like good drugs, when you get good drugs its very obvious you got good drugs.

Edited by Buckomcdoogle (04/22/20 01:25 AM)

OfflineHappySloth
I'm a teapot

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Ythan] * 2
    #26619255 - 04/22/20 06:03 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Last time I looked there were 140+ discovered cannabinoids - undoubtley they all vary in their effects, which explains the vast differences in the high from diff types of cannabis.

I always imagined it like a stereos equaliser

Imagine each of these represented each cannabinoid and its concentration and then imagine 140 of them and thats what the cannabinoid profile of plant could look like.

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: HappySloth] * 4
    #26619363 - 04/22/20 07:59 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

I don't think there is no difference between every strain(although at high doses it might seem like it)...just that the sativa/indica dichotomy is false, and the differences we associate with the 2 are a result of epigenetic changes brought about by different environments.

Although since growers "know" that Sativa "prefers" one set of conditions and Indicas grow "better" under another...it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

This is old news, no? I thought this was common knowledge by now, at least among anyone who stays up to date on such things. I knew the market had been slow to adapt, but I kind of thought the indica/sativa misnomers had begun to be employed to describe the way each strain is used(whether backed up by evidence or not) and not the physical characteristics of said plants.

Quote:

Working in the industry as much as I have has made me hate 90+% of potheads.

"Do you have any ACAPULCO PURPLE GRANDAD OG SHISKABERRY THUNDERFUCK GRANDAD?"

Hold on, let me go look.......

Me in my head-(Just buy some weed you fucking dipshit)

Whether the effects are indistinguishable or not, taste/smell/harshness and visual characteristics absolutely are. If working in a package store and someone was looking for a specific bottle/beer, because they liked the way it drank, you wouldn't think "just buy any bottle of wine, they are all the same" would you?

OfflineReynardTheFox
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Buckomcdoogle]
    #26619741 - 04/22/20 12:12 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Buckomcdoogle said:
Ive literally been saying this for years.

Its all marketing.

You cant tell stoners anything that goes against their beliefs.

Ditto. It's like people who aren't super tasters getting all hoity toity about expensive wine. Sure you can tell the difference between okay stuff and the really cheap stuff, but most people actually can't detect expensive wine vs regular wine. People just love to play into this game so that the whole thing seems more sophisticated than it is.

--------------------
"Every actual State is corrupt. Good men must not obey laws too well" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If I am the devil's child, I will live then, by the devil" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: ReynardTheFox]
    #26619930 - 04/22/20 01:49 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

I fuckin' love this! I used to wait tables and tend bars. I have worked in fast food to yacht clubs, and those fucking wine snobs and ALL that fucking wine shit irks me beyond anything! I absolutely loathed those fucking tastings with a french sommelier etc... :scat::scat::scat:Fuck ALL YA'LL! This experiment proves it's mostly (I say all) horseshit! The weed people are getting like this (mostly are already) too with all these fucking concentrates and diamonds etc...:scat::scat::scat:  If you need a bud sprayed in hash oil and then rolled in kief to get high, you might need a fucking tolerance break!

In 2001, Frederic Brochet conducted two experiments at the University of Bordeaux.

In one experiment, he got 54 oenology (the study of wine tasting and wine making) undergraduates together and had them taste one glass of red wine and one glass of white wine. He had them describe each wine in as much detail as their expertise would allow. What he didn't tell them was both were the same wine. He just dyed the white one red. In the other experiment, he asked the experts to rate two different bottles of red wine. One was very expensive, the other was cheap. Again, he tricked them. This time he had put the cheap wine in both bottles. So what were the results?

The tasters in the first experiment, the one with the dyed wine, described the sorts of berries and grapes and tannins they could detect in the red wine just as if it really was red. Every single one, all 54, could not tell it was white. In the second experiment, the one with the switched labels, the subjects went on and on about the cheap wine in the expensive bottle. They called it complex and rounded. They called the same wine in the cheap bottle weak and flat.

Another experiment at Cal-Tech pitted five bottles of wine against each other. They ranged in price from $5 to $90. Similarly, the experimenters put cheap wine in the expensive bottles -- but this time they put the tasters in a brain scanner. While tasting the wine, the same parts of the brain would light up in the machine every time, but with the wine the tasters thought was expensive, one particular region of the brain became more active. Another study had tasters rate cheese eaten with two different wines. One they were told was from California, the other from North Dakota. The same wine was in both bottles. The tasters rated the cheese they ate with the California wine as being better quality, and they ate more of it.

So is the fancy world of wine tasting all pretentious bunk? Not exactly. The wine tasters in the experiments above were being influenced by the nasty beast of expectation. A wine expert's objectivity and powers of taste under normal circumstance might be amazing, but Brochet's manipulations of the environment misled his subjects enough to dampen their acumen. An expert's own expectation can act like Kryptonite on their superpowers. Expectation, as it turns out, is just as important as raw sensation. The build up to an experience can completely change how you interpret the information reaching your brain from your otherwise objective senses. In psychology, true objectivity is pretty much considered to be impossible. Memories, emotions, conditioning, and all sorts of other mental flotsam taint every new experience you gain. In addition to all this, your expectations powerfully influence the final vote in your head over what you believe to be reality. So, when tasting a wine, or watching a movie, or going on a date, or listening to a new stereo through $300 audio cables -- some of what you experience comes from within and some comes from without. Expensive wine is like anything else that is expensive, the expectation it will taste better actually makes it taste better.

--------------------

Watermelon man-"I think that society and just everything , it dose a good job at making people want to live some bull shit fairytale. it's mostly just so they can suck whatever out of us. The only thing they can suck is my dick." :smile:

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26620084 - 04/22/20 03:45 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

I think what research like this fails to look at is the geographical history of different Cannabis.

Indica and sativa have become fairly meaningless with the amount of hybrids. But the origin of strain genetics is not meaningless. There are also things like Ruderalis which is a very distinct Russian sativa plant used in hybrids to create autoflower strains.

There certainly can be differences between cannabis native to Africa and cannabis native to asia. And even after generations of hybrids the original genetics can play a significant role in certain factors like ideal temperature.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: musiclover420]
    #26620096 - 04/22/20 03:55 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

yeeaahhhh, but it all gets a person high. Also a persons body chemical make up/homeostasis etc..can effect the high. I do remember that old Columbian gold and regular Columbian being really nice though.

--------------------

Watermelon man-"I think that society and just everything , it dose a good job at making people want to live some bull shit fairytale. it's mostly just so they can suck whatever out of us. The only thing they can suck is my dick." :smile:

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26620175 - 04/22/20 04:43 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Its not the strain, Its how it was grown and harvested.

EVERYTHING is a hybrid now, pure varieties are very rare.

Kind of like they say with people, as long as we keep fucking each other sooner or later we will all be the same color.

--------------------

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Buckomcdoogle]
    #26620184 - 04/22/20 04:48 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

LOL, so true. I'm going to sow some seeds this year outdoors in local dirt from my yard. It was after some landscaping on a 50yo yard so no pesticides etc...are in it for sure. I'm thinking of mixing in some potting soil mix in the first couple of inches of soil as well.

--------------------

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26620206 - 04/22/20 04:56 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

I would argue soil is probably one of the biggest factors when it comes to having healthy robust plants.

The more room the roots have, the bigger the plant will get.

The more nutritious the soil, the quicker it will grow.

The more diverse the microbes and nutrients the danker the buds.

Ive have had great success with mushroom compost in the past.

--------------------

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
    #26620212 - 04/22/20 05:00 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
I fuckin' love this! I used to wait tables and tend bars. I have worked in fast food to yacht clubs, and those fucking wine snobs and ALL that fucking wine shit irks me beyond anything! I absolutely loathed those fucking tastings with a french sommelier etc... :scat::scat::scat:Fuck ALL YA'LL! This experiment proves it's mostly (I say all) horseshit! The weed people are getting like this (mostly are already) too with all these fucking concentrates and diamonds etc...:scat::scat::scat:  If you need a bud sprayed in hash oil and then rolled in kief to get high, you might need a fucking tolerance break!

In 2001, Frederic Brochet conducted two experiments at the University of Bordeaux.

In one experiment, he got 54 oenology (the study of wine tasting and wine making) undergraduates together and had them taste one glass of red wine and one glass of white wine. He had them describe each wine in as much detail as their expertise would allow. What he didn't tell them was both were the same wine. He just dyed the white one red. In the other experiment, he asked the experts to rate two different bottles of red wine. One was very expensive, the other was cheap. Again, he tricked them. This time he had put the cheap wine in both bottles. So what were the results?

The tasters in the first experiment, the one with the dyed wine, described the sorts of berries and grapes and tannins they could detect in the red wine just as if it really was red. Every single one, all 54, could not tell it was white. In the second experiment, the one with the switched labels, the subjects went on and on about the cheap wine in the expensive bottle. They called it complex and rounded. They called the same wine in the cheap bottle weak and flat.

Another experiment at Cal-Tech pitted five bottles of wine against each other. They ranged in price from $5 to $90. Similarly, the experimenters put cheap wine in the expensive bottles -- but this time they put the tasters in a brain scanner. While tasting the wine, the same parts of the brain would light up in the machine every time, but with the wine the tasters thought was expensive, one particular region of the brain became more active. Another study had tasters rate cheese eaten with two different wines. One they were told was from California, the other from North Dakota. The same wine was in both bottles. The tasters rated the cheese they ate with the California wine as being better quality, and they ate more of it.

So is the fancy world of wine tasting all pretentious bunk? Not exactly. The wine tasters in the experiments above were being influenced by the nasty beast of expectation. A wine expert's objectivity and powers of taste under normal circumstance might be amazing, but Brochet's manipulations of the environment misled his subjects enough to dampen their acumen. An expert's own expectation can act like Kryptonite on their superpowers. Expectation, as it turns out, is just as important as raw sensation. The build up to an experience can completely change how you interpret the information reaching your brain from your otherwise objective senses. In psychology, true objectivity is pretty much considered to be impossible. Memories, emotions, conditioning, and all sorts of other mental flotsam taint every new experience you gain. In addition to all this, your expectations powerfully influence the final vote in your head over what you believe to be reality. So, when tasting a wine, or watching a movie, or going on a date, or listening to a new stereo through $300 audio cables -- some of what you experience comes from within and some comes from without. Expensive wine is like anything else that is expensive, the expectation it will taste better actually makes it taste better.

That expirement says more about psychology than the taste of wine...I don't know about cheap vs expensive(there are horrible expensive wines and decent to very good "cheap" ones) but you can absolutely taste the differences in wine, even of the same type. It's not like all red wine tastes the same, and all white wine tastes the same, it's not even like every Cabernet or Riesling tastes the same.

Claiming so is akin to saying every lager tastes like bud light or that there is no difference between a pilsner and an ale.

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26620220 - 04/22/20 05:04 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

I still like the duping of those snobby fuckers.:shrug: IDK if you've ever waited tables or not, or even in an "upscale" place. It's such fucking horseshit the way they act about wine it makes me want to puke all over them. I'm so VERY happy I'm not in that biz anymore. There's been more studies done (can't be bothered to look it up) where several different people from different parts of the world guess 50/50 on cheap versus expensive wines. I have had a 1926 wine and it was pretty different, but other than that, it's all horseshit to me.

--------------------

OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
    #26620233 - 04/22/20 05:10 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

where several different people from different parts of the world guess 50/50 on cheap versus expensive wines

That may have something to do with their pallette, cheap(well depending on how cheap we are talking here) wines are often made to be drinkable by a larger portion of the population, they are made to not offend.

But in my experience, outside certain price windows or thresholds, price has very little to do with a wines taste...at least not its appeal or quality. At best price is only tangentially related to taste.

I mean you can pull random people off the street and there will be plenty who prefer mass brewed adjunct beers, who drink bud light and stella, that doesn't mean they are no different(and definitely not better) than craft beers.

On the same token, there are also plenty of bad micro brews at top shelf prices.

Edited by Holybullshit (04/22/20 05:22 PM)

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26620273 - 04/22/20 05:23 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

I've had 3000 dollar bottles and compared them to 25 dollar ones,some from all over the world and so on. It's still the BS that surrounds wine and all that shit. I can't stand any of it and the pretentiousness just makes me want vomit. I drink wine occasionally though, and my experience has taught me to pick a decent one, but I hate all the pretense/pretentiousness and shit surrounding that wine snobbery. This was given to me and the now ex by Harold Stevenson (also a painting) and I always wanted to open it, but the ex hid that bitch.

I could see this kind of wine being something sort of special, but who in the fuck wants to pay a price like they charge for it? I will NEVER do that. I can find a perfectly good decent wine of any type/kind whatever in the 20-60 dollar range.

--------------------

OfflineYukon Cornelius
Bumble Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Peppermint Mines
Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Ythan] * 2
    #26620339 - 04/22/20 05:47 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Huh... well glad this is being discussed again. One of my first threads here was on how there's no quantifiable difference in effect between indica vs. sativa. Also would like to mention the entourage effect was also disproven a while back.

What I do subscribe to is an anticipatory effect changing the way that cannabinoid receptors are activated. Like context specific memories you associate with a certain Cannabis flavor that will affect your high when you encounter a similar taste later. The terpenes have no direct influence on the chemistry, but they do facilitate a type of psychosomatic response.

--------------------
"I didn't know chicken's wore suspenders" - Towelie

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: There is no difference between the effects of indica and sativa marijuana strains, scientists say [Re: Yukon Cornelius]
    #26620557 - 04/22/20 07:05 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Any bud tender will tell you,

The difference between the 25$ 8th and the 55$ 8th is minimal.

Growing potent cannabis is fairly easy, growing cannabis that tastes good and is enjoyable to smoke is a lot more difficult.

--------------------

Edited by Buckomcdoogle (04/22/20 07:07 PM)

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26620560 - 04/22/20 07:06 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Its funny, ever since legalization, that "rockstar" weed is even harder to come by.

I used to get 150-200$ ozs from the weed man that the store would charge 400+ an oz for.

Maybe its cause those large scale grow ops only care about cranking out as much as they can, and not so much about the quality.

Ive seen first hand a lot of this industry's dirty little secrets, especially with the concentrate market.....

--------------------

Edited by Buckomcdoogle (04/22/20 07:11 PM)

OfflineYukon Cornelius
Bumble Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Peppermint Mines
    #26620676 - 04/22/20 07:36 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Buckomcdoogle said:
Any bud tender will tell you,

The difference between the 25$ 8th and the 55$ 8th is minimal.

Maybe in confidence but I've heard some wacky shit from budtenders trying to convince me to buy stuff.

I think quality has gone down considerably with compliant lab testing, pushing large scale grows to go for high THC not quality flower.

Extracts are a whole 'nother can of badgers, especially with vape carts.

--------------------
"I didn't know chicken's wore suspenders" - Towelie

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Scales, Vaporizer

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service