Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #26617032 - 04/21/20 08:03 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Alternatively, if a legal precedent was set that companies are not responsible for the health of their employees and cannot be sued by people getting sick due to being forced back to work, then we could reopen tomorrow and sucks for whoever dies.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/04/21/trump-says-hes-aiming-shield-corporations-legal-liability-workers-who-contract-covid

Well looky here.

Called it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: Kryptos]
    #26617041 - 04/21/20 08:08 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Under current law, you can't sue employers for injuries and illnesses sustained while on the job.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: Enlil]
    #26617043 - 04/21/20 08:09 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Even if your employer was negligent?

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

#26617045 - 04/21/20 08:10 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #26617047 - 04/21/20 08:11 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Yup.  There's a system in place called "Worker's Compensation" that handles all of that.  It's designed to be a more streamlined process than the court system.  It's not a great system, but it has it's benefits.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26617076 - 04/21/20 08:26 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Seems to me that covid infections would fall into the "gross negligence" or "willful harm" category.

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26617083 - 04/21/20 08:32 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

I don't see how, unless an employer refuses to let employees wear masks.  Even then, it's a stretch.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineMajickMuffin
Edible Cult

Loc: North
Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: qman]
    #26617113 - 04/21/20 08:47 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
I disagree with your original thesis, the economy isn't necessarily "fucked" if we wait this thing out and the government provides the proper resources to the working class during that process.  That's the narrative the billionaire class wants the peasants to think as their profits dry up, but that doesn't make it true.

It's truly amazing that the recent protests in the US isn't about The Elite getting trillions in free money for this crisis as the peasants are essentially getting zero. The protests are about the peasants demanding to risk their lives to pay their bills to benefit The Elite. We clearly have a country full of retarded people who love their oppressors.

This seems like a realistic way of looking at it :doublefacepalm:

I think it should reopen slowly, everyone working ESPECIALLY in food industry should have to wear masks, gloves.

Everyone should be wearing masks and gloves. And guess what? All transferable diseases will not spread as much from just doing only that.

Disinfecting things, wearing protection is common sense for cutting back the spread of All infectious disease.
Do you really want people breathing on your food anyways? Flu, cold, cock particulates, anything

Offlinechristopera
Stranger

#26617269 - 04/21/20 09:45 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Looks like PA will start opening back up May 8th.

In Western PA COVID infections have been very low for the last 10 days. Testing has increased but the number of infected people remains low. Something like 7 new cases out of 200 tests, and 0 new hospitalizations. I am also (unfortunately) back at work. The hospital project that historically has been our largest continuous project received a waiver to restart construction. Interestingly, in a meeting with several executives and high managers, it was mentioned that the hospital is at 40% bed capacity currently, which is about half of what they normally run. So they are are losing their asses too, which I'm sure will result in even bigger jumps in health care prices. Sometimes it seems like health care providers have rigged the system (sigh).

I am looking forward to drinking a beer at a bar. Maybe eating some chicken wings. 17 days and counting.

In other news, a bunch retard survivalist white nationalists marched on the city court house with their guns complaining about their infringed freedoms. Of course it was obvious they were white nationalists because many of them wore patches and symbols indicating as much. I guess a month without breakfast at Denny's has finally broken that survivalist mentality.

--------------------
A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

OnlineDaijo
The armchair chemist
I'm a teapot

Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: christopera] * 2
    #26617310 - 04/21/20 10:00 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

@Majick

Masks and goggles are necessary, but not gloves. People wash their hands less often when wearing gloves, don't change them when needed and don't wash their gloves.

Gloves offer no protection from virus. It can as easily transfer virus as hands. Some grocery stores stopped allowing wearing gloves inside and forces people to wash hands.

To make it short, WEARING gloves isn't as safe as washing hands, but CHANGING gloves is pretty much the same as washing your hands.

--------------------

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger
    #26617315 - 04/21/20 10:03 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Which, of course, begs the question: If your God is so strong, why is the U.S. leading the world in deaths and infections?

It made me wonder if their immigrant Christian forefathers who started this country  that they are always bringIng up in these rants , I guess cause they like to point out they come from immigrants , respected the religion of the people who were here before them  they way they want Muslims to .

So wrote that in the comment section , it was the first comment , now I feel weird for talking shit to someone I haven’t seen in 20 years .

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: Psilynut2]
    #26617323 - 04/21/20 10:06 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Never feel weird about talking shit.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger
Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: MajickMuffin]
    #26617380 - 04/21/20 10:25 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Disinfecting things, wearing protection is common sense for cutting back the spread of All infectious disease.
Do you really want people breathing on your food anyways? Flu, cold, cock particulates, anything

Isn’t this what people always said would create a super virus though . My kids haven’t  had a cold at anything in months , I don’t see that as a good thing .

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: Psilynut2] * 1
    #26617400 - 04/21/20 10:33 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Nah, rampant abuse of antibiotics creates super viruses.

Things like alcohol, peroxide, and bleach are so incompatible with life as we know it that anything that becomes immune to them is going to be unable to infect us.

OnlineSugabearcrisp
Eat The Rich Foods
Male

Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: Daijo]
    #26617446 - 04/21/20 10:50 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Look at sweeden, they have done realitively nothing yet their death rate is on par with the lowest rates.

Now we have antibody tests we see that anywhere from 5-40% of the population has already been exposed and developed antibodies. Based on those numbers real mortality rate is 0.1-0.02% like a bad flu.

We were told we had to flatten the curve to keep the medical system from getting overwhelmed and we did just that. Sensible logic would say to open up and monitor the curve to make sure we are not headed towards overwhelming again. Instead they move the goal posts and now we need to get to zero and instead of slow the spread stop the spread. This is an unrealistic goal.

People talking about pumping money into the ecomony forget this is a zero sum game, the money comes from the taxpayers and future taxpayers, or the money is made up and inflation results.

This whole thing was a giant mistake. The economy is fucked already. Even if we open up now a percentage of business will be wiped away and their jobs too.

Dr. Fauci and Nancy Pelosi are not worried about their jobs when they call 22 million unemployed unfortunate and share their $24k refrigerators stocked with $13 a pint ice cream.  Americans are getting pink slips and she says let them eat cake

Offlinechristopera
Stranger

Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #26617483 - 04/21/20 11:07 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

I saw an antibody study from California that placed the infection rates at something like 25 times to 50 times more than expected. Which, as you say, makes the mortality figures fall drastically. Any reasonable person already knew this was the case though.

The economy should bounce back. It may take a few years though.

--------------------
A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

OnlineDaijo
The armchair chemist
I'm a teapot

Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: christopera] * 2
    #26617510 - 04/21/20 11:14 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

I makes me wish for the planet to design something more predictable, helpful and solid to replace ''the economy''

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: Daijo]
    #26617512 - 04/21/20 11:16 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Eventually, such a system may be invented.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OnlineSugabearcrisp
Eat The Rich Foods
Male

Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: christopera]
    #26617522 - 04/21/20 11:23 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

I think your argument that any reasonable person could have seen that the levels of population infection would be 25 to 50x higher is based on hindsight being 20/20. Otherwise you would also have to admit that the reasonable person would have been  known that we were overreacting or worse intentionally pushed false information to foment panic. Neither of those is likely. Sure some may have suspected this to be the case and said so, but they were being shouted down as irresponsible.

Reality is that we now have treatments that are lowering hospitilizations and the severity of hospitization. We didn't know that was going to the case and you would have to be a real gambler to take the risk that both of these things would be the case.

Now though we know more than we did then, of course we should be reevaluating based on new info

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: How many of you want to reopen the US ASAP? [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #26617539 - 04/21/20 11:34 AM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Eventually, such a system may be invented.

But would the ruling class eventually allow such a system to succeed?  I doubt it.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

General Interest >> Political Discussion