Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebloodycarcass
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: the sticks in GA
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: Doc9151] * 1
    #26613677 - 04/19/20 07:27 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Those cubes are beasts Doc

--------------------
Back at it like a crack addict, with asthmatic lung disease

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: bloodycarcass] * 1
    #26613750 - 04/19/20 07:51 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

The temperature of the substrate ranges from 88-98°f, air temperature has been between 75-85°f during the day and dropping to the 55°-60°f at night with humidity in the 18-20% during the day time hours. This has been excellent conditions with the exception of the low humidity for monster cubes on this pile. It has consistently made monsters and I want to know what makes them so big and the potency is out of this world, the best I've ever had comes from here, hose poo compost makes for higher concentration of active indoles in my experience,  I would bet that the psilocin content is very high in comparison to the ones that I find in the pastures.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Edited by Doc9151 (04/19/20 07:53 PM)

Offlinebloodycarcass
Stranger Danger
Male

Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: Doc9151] * 1
    #26615119 - 04/20/20 11:43 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:

Date: April 20, 2020

Time found:
noon. 12:15P.M

Temperature:
55 - 60°f

are temperatures at or above 95°f?
No been relatively cool

General location:
Henry/ Butts co.

# of days since last rain:
2 consecutive days of storms/ rain showers
Rained last yesterday

fog or dew present:
Nope

Humidity:
68% dont have any other instraments to measure soil.

Substrate:
Cow manure

Area found:
Tall grasses, small pine saplings, briars/dew berries

--------------------

OfflineCowboyCaps
Texshroomer

#26615951 - 04/20/20 06:04 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I
Quote:

Doc9151 said:
@Cowboycaps thank you for adding the grass species,  it seems like I'm seeing a pattern in certain grasses, Bermuda and Bahia seem to the best areas. but I can't prove it, yet! Grasses that do not allow light to reach the ground seem to be the worst and I find that odd because mushrooms do not use light for food .

I’ve found the thicker the grass the healthier the field so more mushrooms but I’ve also found them growing by the dozen in thin carpet grass and soil with sparse nutgrass(garbage). As long as the pasture is or has been grazed by a good amount of cattle and the condition are right.

If I were to guess the pasture with soil exposed would do better in the cooler periods and the thicker pasture in warmer.

--------------------
[embed=,]https://https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TotalLoneBlackpanther-size_restricted.gif[/embed]

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: CowboyCaps] * 1
    #26615982 - 04/20/20 06:20 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

tall grass in summer is about the only place to find them in summer when the rain is not plentiful.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Offlinebloodycarcass
Stranger Danger
Male

#26616104 - 04/20/20 07:07 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
tall grass in summer is about the only place to find them in summer when the rain is not plentiful.

Dont forget under trees near natural creeks/rivers that may run through the property

--------------------

OfflineCowboyCaps
Texshroomer

#26616151 - 04/20/20 07:33 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:

Ya I’ve noticed that. The nutgrass I mentioned grows in tall clumps it’s a really shitty grass but when the suns out and hot you will find them worked in the clumps.

--------------------
[embed=,]https://https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TotalLoneBlackpanther-size_restricted.gif[/embed]

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: CowboyCaps] * 1
    #26616231 - 04/20/20 08:09 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I Mainly Find Cubes Hiding In This Stuff. Do Y'all Know What It Is?

You Can See Some Other Grass Stuff Growing Side By Side With The Other Stuff In The Bottom Half Of This Picture.

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

OfflineCowboyCaps
Texshroomer

Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: MpSeph] * 1
    #26616280 - 04/20/20 08:25 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Could be slump weed, ragweed, marshelder but idk

--------------------

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
    #26616542 - 04/20/20 10:41 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
@Cowboycaps thank you for adding the grass species,  it seems like I'm seeing a pattern in certain grasses, Bermuda and Bahia seem to the best areas. but I can't prove it, yet! Grasses that do not allow light to reach the ground seem to be the worst and I find that odd because mushrooms do not use light for food .

They do use light to initiate pinning and trekking the mushrooms what direction to grow. They may not feed off light, but they do utalize light.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: bloodycarcass] * 1
    #26617020 - 04/21/20 07:55 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bloodycarcass said:
Quote:

Doc9151 said:

Dont forget under trees near natural creeks/rivers that may run through the property

I was talking only about grass, but yes you are right.

edit: I should have clarified what I meant.

--------------------

Edited by Doc9151 (04/21/20 07:56 AM)

Offlinebloodycarcass
Stranger Danger
Male

#26617080 - 04/21/20 08:31 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Ahh okay my bad.  Thought you meant just in general

--------------------

Offlinelordfuzzyloins
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: GA
    #26617621 - 04/21/20 12:10 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Date: April 21 2020

Time found:
From 8am- 1pm

Temperature:
65-73

(N/a

General location:
Since we are beginning the season I find them in the middle of the field. Never in the woods or wood line. That is summer areas.

It rained a lot yesterday everything was soaked

fog or dew present:
Some dew early on in my hunt

Humidity:
I'm not real sure on the humidity but I will guess about 45-50

Substrate:
Mostly cow manure but you can find cubes anywhere near a pasture. And the spores will carry away from the field and in the yard.

Area found:
Open pasture, Short grass, directly from manure, all were found in the middle of the field. I wasted my time looking in the woods and tree lines

include pictures with data collection sheet.

This season is just starting to kick off. My favorite time is the beginning of the season because they are all in the field and easy to spot. As it gets hotter they tend to grow in the shady areas.

other:
I am always careful and very gently cut my cubies with scissors I take great care and respect my fields.

Date:

Time found:
(morning, afternoon, evening, night.)

Temperature:
(If temperature is at freezing or below, how many days have temperatures been at or below freezing?)

(if yes, for how many days or weeks?)

General location:
(do not post exact location, nearest town or city)

(If recently rained, how many successive days did it rain?):

fog or dew present:
( yes or no):

Humidity:
Relative humidity is fine but if possible please use a soil hygrometer with a thermometer to measure water content and substrate temperature.
( Provide as much information as possible)

Substrate:
(Cow manure, Horse manure, compost or soil.)

Area found:
(Tall grass, open pasture, Short grass, under tree(s) , leaf litter, soil, directly from manure, etc.)

[url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/20-17/749185462-IMG_20200421_131734267.jpg

https://files.shroomery.org/files/20-17/749224221-IMG_20200421_131840098.jpg

other:
include any other information that you think may be pertinent to the growth of this particular species.

OfflineNoobInTexas
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: lordfuzzyloins] * 1
    #26625775 - 04/24/20 09:58 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Appreciate all the info here guys. I’m in Texas near Boerne and have access to a field with lots of cow patties but haven’t been finding anything. The daytime highs have been low 90s and I feel like it’s too dry even after it rains. Anyone had luck in this area and if so win. Most of the successes on this thread seem to be in more humid areas. Would I need to go at sunrise before it gets hot? Anyone tried covering patties after it rains to keep patty humid? I need help and greatly appreciate any advice for south central Texas hunting, thanks.

InvisibleThe lurker
Other User Gallery

#26625864 - 04/24/20 11:00 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:

Maybe it’s because those grasses make them harder too find, lol. I’ve gotta look into how to identify grass species, but often times when I push through a few tall patches of grass, I find some pretty solid mushroom patches hiding in there.

--------------------

OfflineCowboyCaps
Texshroomer

Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: The lurker] * 1
    #26626725 - 04/25/20 09:53 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NoobInTexas said:
Appreciate all the info here guys. I’m in Texas near Boerne and have access to a field with lots of cow patties but haven’t been finding anything. The daytime highs have been low 90s and I feel like it’s too dry even after it rains. Anyone had luck in this area and if so win. Most of the successes on this thread seem to be in more humid areas. Would I need to go at sunrise before it gets hot? Anyone tried covering patties after it rains to keep patty humid? I need help and greatly appreciate any advice for south central Texas hunting, thanks.

Boerne will probably be too dry to find them easily but you can increase you’re chances if you study and work the fields. Look for a healthy pasture next to a wooded creek or pond with a large cattle herd to increase you’re chances.

Quote:

The lurker said:
Quote:

Doc9151 said:

Maybe it’s because those grasses make them harder too find, lol. I’ve gotta look into how to identify grass species, but often times when I push through a few tall patches of grass, I find some pretty solid mushroom patches hiding in there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyperus_rotundus This shit grows waist high cows won’t eat it but they love growing in the water trap a lot of humidity.

--------------------

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #26627318 - 04/25/20 02:16 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Please keep post to data or pertinent information about the growth  of the species,  this is not a thread for asking questions about finding mushrooms. Any and all irrelevant posts after this warning will be deleted in order to keep the thread on topic and about the growth of wild Psilocybe cubensis. I have no interest in cultivated Psilocybe cubensis,  my focus is on wild Ps. cubensis that is not being tended in any way by humans,  natural occurrence only.

--------------------

OfflineRam the shroomer

#26648444 - 05/04/20 02:08 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Date:Monday, May 4, 2020

Time found:  12:56PM, 1:03PM and 1:07PM

Temperature:84° f
(If temperature is at freezing or below, how many days have temperatures been at or below freezing?)

are temperatures at or above 95°f? Haven’t gotten that hot yet

General location: New Orleans

# of days since last rain: 4

fog or dew present:
( yes or no): no

Humidity: 54%
Relative humidity is fine but if possible please use a soil hygrometer with a thermometer to measure water content and substrate temperature.

Substrate: Substrate of cow

Area found: Open pasture distant from civilization in relative patches of tall grass also is near a bayou with alligators
(Tall grass, open pasture, Short grass, under tree(s) , leaf litter, soil, directly from manure, etc.)

other:  Partly cloudy, Seem to grow in the shade of the grass and weeds. Haul shots at 2:53 PM

OfflineRam the shroomer

Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: Ram the shroomer] * 1
    #26651437 - 05/05/20 06:40 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Date: 5/05/2020

Time found:  Afternoon
12:31PM-2:13PM

Temperature:82°f

General location:New Orleans

# of days since last rain:5

fog or dew present:
( yes or no): No except one mushroom was wet

Humidity: 61%

Substrate: Cow

Area found: Patches of tall grass in a generally shorter grasses pasture and 2 in the forest

Edit 5/08/2020: the original upload was deleted by mistake.  This is one Ps cubensis that I found growing in the forest

Section 2.

Date:5/05/2020

Time found: evening 4:43PM-5:30PM

Temperature:86°f-88°f

General location:New Orleans

# of days since last rain:5

fog or dew present:
( yes or no):no

Humidity: 52%-51%

Substrate: Cow

Area found: Open pasture with patches of tall grass and yellow flowers.  Is this in ragweed?

Edited by Ram the shroomer (05/08/20 11:53 AM)

OfflineArcadeDuck
Shroomer
Other

Loc: Random Duck Pond
Re: Psilocybe cubensis data collection only (no Id req) please help [Re: Ram the shroomer] * 1
    #26651476 - 05/05/20 07:00 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Date:

Time found: Late morning

Temperature: hot and humid

are temperatures at or above 95°f? yes

General location: North West Peru, farm in the Amazon Forrest

# of days since last rain: lots of rain, daily or every couple of days

fog or dew present: no

Humidity: Very humid

Substrate: cow manure

Area found: Short and tall grass, in a paddock with cow manure present

other: From what i understand is that this patch of p. cubensis were put here by someone dispersing spores from an indoor grow, years ago. atleast that's what the owner told me.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract