Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepheyelo
pheyelo
Loc: southeast
intermediat cultivator seeks answer from advanced/med cultiv
    #2661219 - 05/10/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i have a question that i would appreciate some input on. i've cultivated mushrooms before and it seemed to work fine but i didn't get as much as I would have hoped. i'm trying to make this time have better yeilds but i have a question before i can do this. i just had to throw away four pans of cased myc. because it wouldn't grow/got contaminated/or something else. I never got any pins which was kind of strange because the myc looked very healthy. so i'm thinking it had to have been the way i was growing them in the chamber. let me know if i have it right for this time. i have this cooler that i have a small flourescent light in. when closed the light keeps the temp. in the cooler around 90 F, and the humidity is usually around 57%. I had them in there uncovered so that might be why they died. but i'm tinking more along the lines of i had it too hot to pin. good temp for growing, not a good temp for pinning. am i right in my assumption that i need to keep the temp around 75 to 80 for pinning. SO i figured i could case my myc. in the aluminum bread pans that i used and then cover them with aluminum foil to keep the moisture in and hide it from the light for the time being till i saw the myc. poking through the valleys. knowing now that it's time to innitiate pinning, i will then have the light on four about two to four hours a day, is this too much for this small of an enclosed place? i did install a plexi glass window on the top of the cooler so i could check on them without actually opening up the chamber. it's a pretty good setup, but i'm still trying to find a way to increase the ambient temp. inside the chamber, with out having to cover the casings. i figure if they are uncovered it wold make them more accessible to oxygen, hence helping to pin. if i leave the light off, the temp stays around 74 with 50% humidity. any help, comments, critism is welcomed. I looked through the faq's but i'd like to get various input from growers. thanks.

--------------------
Suspended in the darkness of
The cool and still Boulder Creek Night
I hear the song of the cricket
And locusts and frogs
And I wonder,
Is this the life of a Mushroom

-Barbara E. Hanson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Re: intermediat cultivator seeks answer from advanced/med cultiv [Re: pheyelo]
    #2661269 - 05/10/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

wow! 90deg is pretty hot pheyelo! Too hot IMO. If it stays around 75 deg with the lid off,but you lose humidity I would take the light out and put the plexiglass lid on. Just put the light above the lid. 75 deg is primo for pinning and fruiting and you want the humidity at around 85-90% with casings so you might get plenty from the casings alone in an airtight set up like your cooler. Just dont forget that you need to exchange the air via fanning or air pump a couple of times a day to maximize results. Just uncovering isnt enough because the co2 is slightly more dense and heavier than normal air and will settle on the bottome of the chamber. 86 deg is where you want the casings to be while they are in the dark and trying to break through the casing layer.

I hope this helps!
Good Luck
MYKEY

--------------------

Offlinesteves
steve
Loc: holland michigan
Re: intermediat cultivator seeks answer from advanced/med cultiv [Re: pheyelo]
    #2661278 - 05/10/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

can anyone help me with finding shrooms in michigan, i need like a good guide so i can find them in the woods.

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
Re: intermediat cultivator seeks answer from advanced/med cultiv [Re: steves]
    #2661282 - 05/10/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

steves said:
can anyone help me with finding shrooms in michigan, i need like a good guide so i can find them in the woods.

ask your teacher.

stop hijacking threads,we dont like it.

go post your own thread in the mushroom hunting forum.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: intermediat cultivator seeks answer from advanced/med cultiv [Re: ButterNut]
    #2661309 - 05/10/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Butternutt Bites^^^^

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlineglimmi
Stranger
Male

Loc: USA
Re: intermediat cultivator seeks answer from advanced/med cultiv [Re: OldSpice]
    #2661656 - 05/11/04 12:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Is that really someones fucking cat??? If it is im kinda scared thats gotta be the weirdest hign ive ever seen done to a cat man.

--------------------
"This stuff it makes pure mescaline seem like...ginger beer man" Hunter S. Thompson

Offlineglimmi
Stranger
Male

Loc: USA
Re: intermediat cultivator seeks answer from advanced/med cultiv [Re: OldSpice]
    #2661658 - 05/11/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Is that really someones fucking cat??? If it is im kinda scared thats gotta be the weirdest Thing ive ever seen done to a cat man.

--------------------
"This stuff it makes pure mescaline seem like...ginger beer man" Hunter S. Thompson

Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
Re: intermediat cultivator seeks answer from advanced/med cu [Re: pheyelo]
    #2661767 - 05/11/04 01:56 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

nice shaved pussy you got their Alounacara  :wink:

--------------------

Entheogen Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies