Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >
Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: OOISI]
    #26583942 - 04/07/20 12:41 PM (4 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

OOISI said:
Quote:

blessed said:
On the subject of heading out, it seems that each state has it's own set of rules, but I did see on the news tonight, that in NSW, people are not allowed to just go for a drive unless it's a valid reason;

Shopping/essential services
Doctor's/medicine
Work
Visit to vulnerable family or friends (not 100% sure if that's still allowed)

99% of any other activity will result in a fine.

Travel in and of itself doesnt result in the spread of a virus. Coming into contact with people who are infected, or being infected oneself and coming into contact with others apparently do. Travel doesnt necessarily result in either of these. This is an unecessary measure of control and profiteering.

While that may be the case for a section of the government or the police force, one reason I believe it's important not to just go for a drive is because if you're allowed to go for a 30min - 2 hour drive just to get out of the house then that means I am too allowed (and 50 thousand other people who want to go for a drive too).  So, it becomes possible that many people will go for a get out of the house drive at the same time.  This then brings new problems;

- Going to the toilet (1 is not so bad but what about number 2?), and where exactly are you/I going to go to the toilet? it just start to create problems as far as the virus having the chance to spread, and just like gravity this virus will seek the easiest route.

That's basically why I believe fishing is not allowed, a lot of people would go out and then a situation would occur where in some places people would group up.  And let's not forget the people who have absolutely no regard for their fellow man.  All this and more is why I think this driving rule is in place, they know that a portion (maybe 25% of the population) will break social distancing rules, that public toilets could be come a place that the virus takes hold and then nearly every person that uses the toilet might not only catch the virus, but then go home to their own suburbs and start to spread it all around there (eg the gas pump they use, the stock in the supermarkets they touch but put back down, and the possibility of coughing the virus all over the place, making things even worse.

I really do think that we are in a not good situation due to how contagious this virus is, yes we'll get through it but like the song says, this winters gonna hurt like a mother aha.

Edited by blessed (04/07/20 06:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblessed

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: blessed]
    #26584670 - 04/07/20 06:45 PM (4 years, 9 days ago)

So I recently asked the Tasmanian police about driving to places for the purpose of exercise.  I was basically told that it's currently ok to drive somewhere that's say is a 30 min drive for exercise purpose.  So basically at this moment Tasmania is not as strict as VIC or NSW.  That could change of course but the main thing the police officer stressed was to keep social distancing, at which time I told him that the way im dealing with that is that I haven't showered for a month :grin:.

But still be careful because it will ultimately be up to the cop that pulls you over that will have the final say, so it seems for now driving around 10 plus kilometers or around 30mins one way to a destination from your house is allowed/should be ok in Tasmania (btw, I'm in the north).  Just don't push your luck cause if a fine was given, based on what I've heard on the news from other states, it won't be a cheap fine.

If any one else want to ask a police officer to confirm that I was given correct information then please do and let us know what they tell you :thumbup:.

Have a great weekend :borat:

OfflineGODTOP
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26585612 - 04/08/20 06:02 AM (4 years, 8 days ago)

How are we going lads and lass's?
I'm new here and would just like to say hi!
I've been picking a few years now and have found loads of beautiful fungus growing around my house/property including these (mainly these) https://files.shroomery.org/files/20-15/634444949-IMG_20200408_202940_018.jpg

Keen to see what this early season brings everyone. Keep em peeled 👀

Ps. how the fuck do I post a photo that I've taken on my phone it's a jpeg??

OfflineFluidTV
Novice Forager
Male
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: GODTOP]
    #26587470 - 04/08/20 09:43 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Finally I found my first sub this season near my home at sealevel, Also just in time for easter lock down lol

Happy foraging and Try Lemon tek for easter :wink:

Edited by FluidTV (04/08/20 09:44 PM)

OfflineGODTOP
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: FluidTV]
    #26587890 - 04/09/20 02:41 AM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Going to be a great season

Offlineblessed

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: GODTOP] * 1
    #26587920 - 04/09/20 03:38 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Hi guys

I spoke to the police again today and was basically told that it's not really allowed to go for a drive too far away from your house (if for exercising).  Some of you maybe lucky that you can walk to shrooms from your house, but for the rest of us that need to drive up to and more then an hour (cop today said a 30 min drive is not allowed, and that's not just for easter but the general rule now in effect), so....

It is my advice to all Tassie hunters to only hunt for mushrooms this year if you have them within walking distance from your house, or it's only is a 5 - 10 min drive away, of course you don't need to listen to me, but for your own good, I would cancel your plans for hunting this year, sorry to say that. but it's your call of course.

Just to give you an idea of how much we need to change our lifes, I asked the police if my next door neighbor could come to my house and play 2 player games on the xbox
(His door is 4-5 meters away!!! ( I live in a block of flats)).

Guess what he said????? (I rang the main Launceston Police station in the city)

:no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2:

Take care hunters all around the world  :tipofthecap:

Edited by blessed (04/09/20 03:44 AM)

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA Flag
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: blessed] * 1
    #26588029 - 04/09/20 05:22 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

blessed said:
Hi guys

I spoke to the police again today and was basically told that it's not really allowed to go for a drive too far away from your house (if for exercising).  Some of you maybe lucky that you can walk to shrooms from your house, but for the rest of us that need to drive up to and more then an hour (cop today said a 30 min drive is not allowed, and that's not just for easter but the general rule now in effect), so....

It is my advice to all Tassie hunters to only hunt for mushrooms this year if you have them within walking distance from your house, or it's only is a 5 - 10 min drive away, of course you don't need to listen to me, but for your own good, I would cancel your plans for hunting this year, sorry to say that. but it's your call of course.

Just to give you an idea of how much we need to change our lifes, I asked the police if my next door neighbor could come to my house and play 2 player games on the xbox
(His door is 4-5 meters away!!! ( I live in a block of flats)).

Guess what he said????? (I rang the main Launceston Police station in the city)

:no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2: :no2:

Take care hunters all around the world  :tipofthecap:

I dont want to derail this thread further, but i feel i need to say something.

Geez man you need to stop talking to the police. They're not saints, they do not know the best thing to do in all situations. They gang bashed Rodney King, they racially profile, they ruin peoples lives with unjust jailing, excessive fines, many have a superiority complex and enjoy controlling people. Is it okay for them to do any of that shit?

If you get robbed or someones murdered, sure call them. But stop being so dependent and needing to be told what you can and cant do. Be an individual.

Really man, just listen to yourself "Meester poweece officer can i pway xbox".

Hes not your father, just go and play some fucking xbox with your mate if you want to.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

Offlineblessed

#26588098 - 04/09/20 06:10 AM (4 years, 7 days ago)

hello OOISI

First of all, im sorry to you and my fellow Tasmanian if in trying to share about the impact that this virus could/will have on peoples plan to hunt this year, that I've given people a headache. It was honestly not my intention, so sorry.

We're all adults here so, Im just giving my 5 cent worth.

Maybe I should end this topic like this, I won't be driving to the places I normally go to because according to not only what I was told by police today (I asked from the going to exercise point of view) but also basically because it's on the news nearly every day, that is..... go too far from your house and you'll be giving back the government the $750 they just gave to you (not you, I mean you people(s)).

Again sorry.

that's it, no more on that subject :thumbup:

On another subject I saw some mushrooms just near where I live, not actives but still mushrooms never the less.  So I was thinking for those that don't want to risk driving too far for shrooms, that maybe we could share the local in-actives we find around the suburbs as we go for walks where we live instead ? :shrug:

Hope you have a good Easter OOISI

OfflineDeadsets
Stranger

#26589562 - 04/09/20 07:35 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

I have a question for you guys.

I’ve been gifted a spot at sea level that fruited last year. Now obviously the restrictions are causing some issues and I don’t want to get into a debate over if we should be driving too far etc but I will be checking this spot at some stage and yes it will require some travel.

So my question is this, would mid next week be a bit early to be expecting to find subs that a mature at sea level? If no restrictions I’d go. Or am I better waiting a bit longer?

My gut says get down there at day break next week for a quick scout and see how things look. I have some other spots close to home I’m pretty keen on but for helping my ID purposes it would be great to lay my eyes on some early to help me ID close to home too.

So what would you guys do?

Invisiblemyrealname
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: Deadsets]
    #26589698 - 04/09/20 08:57 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

Noone can really tell you when exactly is the best time to check your spot, if the weathers favourable for the fungi you're hunting then just go and take a look.

Sometimes its only a matter of days before it completely comes alive, sometimes its longer.

Would be nice if there was some magical person who could pin point to the day spots they dont even know so you dont waste any time or fuel.

OfflineDeadsets
Stranger

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: myrealname]
    #26589722 - 04/09/20 09:04 PM (4 years, 7 days ago)

@myrealname,

Fair enough. I assumed it was perhaps still a bit early in general for the coastal area. I’m as good as new to fungi collecting so thanks for that advice. sounds like you are saying it could well be up and going already and only one way to find out.

Offlineeverlasstingdaisy
Stranger
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** *DELETED* [Re: Deadsets]
    #26594463 - 04/11/20 10:15 PM (4 years, 5 days ago)

Post deleted by everlasstingdaisy

Reason for deletion: ID request in wrong forum...

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: everlasstingdaisy]
    #26594559 - 04/11/20 10:58 PM (4 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

everlasstingdaisy said:
Hello :heart:

Today's expedition to the Waterworks Reserve in Hobart resulted in this find. Found in decaying eucalyptus leaf matter, creamy brown gills on the younger ones and smokey brown on the older ones, golden tops and very purplish stained stems that are quite thick. They've been sitting on a piece of paper for an hour and there is a medium brown pattern but its not the "dark blue/brown" colour that people talk about. They seem to be bigger than the ones I've seen on here, so wondering if they are indeed Psilocybe Subaeruginosa? If anyone frequents the waterworks area, would you mind uploading a picture of what one should look for?

Please dont post an identification request in the official psilo thread. Create a new thread to ask for IDs. I would say those are Cortinarius sp.

By the way, that isnt purple staining, that is the actual colour of the mushroom. Subs are indeed smaller, they have white stems that stain blue.

I also have a guide here, https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26552041 with photos of subs. Thats what your looking for.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Edited by OOISI (04/12/20 06:05 AM)

Offlinebigcatrescue
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26594766 - 04/12/20 12:58 AM (4 years, 5 days ago)

Hey Guys,

New to this! On my 1 hour exercise (yes alone, yes not a national park) hour walk today in southern Tasmania, quite high elevations found these and looking for an ID on which ones to grab when I go back!

Any advice?

love your advice so I get this right!

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: bigcatrescue]
    #26594784 - 04/12/20 01:09 AM (4 years, 5 days ago)

Please do not post ID requests in official psilocybe season threads. Make a new thread in the forum for ID requests. You have nothing active. I posted a link to a sub guide in my post just above yours, my advice is to read it, it should help you.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Edited by OOISI (04/12/20 02:28 AM)

Offlineblessed

#26595287 - 04/12/20 08:57 AM (4 years, 4 days ago)

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Loc: tasmania Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: everlasstingdaisy]
    #26596413 - 04/12/20 06:49 PM (4 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

everlasstingdaisy said:
Hello :heart:

Today's expedition to the Waterworks Reserve in Hobart resulted in this find. Found in decaying eucalyptus leaf matter, creamy brown gills on the younger ones and smokey brown on the older ones, golden tops and very purplish stained stems that are quite thick. They've been sitting on a piece of paper for an hour and there is a medium brown pattern but its not the "dark blue/brown" colour that people talk about. They seem to be bigger than the ones I've seen on here, so wondering if they are indeed Psilocybe Subaeruginosa? If anyone frequents the waterworks area, would you mind uploading a picture of what one should look for?

As already mentioned this is a Cortinarius sp. likely Cortinarius
archeri
.  As already mentioned we request that you please do not ask for ID's in this thread.

These are really common and are one of the species often asked about because of the vibrant purple colour.  These are poisonous and have been responsible for people in Tasmania getting poisoned through confusion.

Offlinedr pelican
Male

Loc: Tasmania
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** *DELETED* [Re: obtuse]
    #26596829 - 04/12/20 10:17 PM (4 years, 4 days ago)

Post deleted by dr pelican

Reason for deletion: Unessential information

OfflineDeadsets
Stranger

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: dr pelican]
    #26601530 - 04/14/20 08:13 PM (4 years, 2 days ago)

Hopefully this works?

Not looking for an ID, I’ll post that later. But this looks promising.

OfflineDeadsets
Stranger

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: myrealname]
    #26601666 - 04/14/20 09:38 PM (4 years, 2 days ago)

@myrealname,

Fair enough. I assumed it was perhaps still a bit early in general for the coastal area. I’m as good as new to fungi collecting so thanks for that advice. sounds like you are saying it could well be up and going already and only one way to find out.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom