Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleIntern
trusted mold cultivator

Tip: Cut your bulk liner to leave a strap for lifting
    #26592730 - 04/11/20 06:51 AM (10 months, 17 days ago)

Cut your bulk liner to leave a strap for lifting

Like so:

If I had three hands there's be a picture of the actual lifting too.

When thinking about the best and hassle-free way to remove a sub from a bulk tote I came up with a neat trick. The excess liner is cut to form two straps in the middle of the wider edge of the substrate. When it's time to harvest I use these straps, one in each hand, to lift the substrate out of the tote gently and with ease. Putting the substrate back in is just as easy.

Take care to cut the straps to be wide enough to easily support and balance the weight of the substrate's (and mushroom's) while lifting. My bulk totes don't have any excess height, which saves me a lot space. It also allows me to just hang the strap over the edge of the tote. If you're using larger totes you will want to tuck the strap in between the liner and tote or tape it to the side of the tote, until needed.

This little tip is a preview of an upcoming post containing some of my quality of life tips for cultivators.

--------------------
Acronyms seriously suck (A.S.S.)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOmbisha
Transmutant
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Tartaria
Re: Tip: Cut your bulk liner to leave a strap for lifting [Re: Intern]
    #26597121 - 04/13/20 04:25 AM (10 months, 15 days ago)

I got the same idea but never actually tried it. I just float the substrate and then pick it up, but this might actually be less of a hassle.

--------------------

If you have cured headaches/migraines, please be so kind and see my post here:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26614401
I need help.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation