Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The bottom of the sea.
Trusted Cultivator
Funky Black Pearl Caps?
    #26591275 - 04/10/20 02:53 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Any of you seen Black Pearls do this? Not sure what's happening here... only thing I can think of is that my RH is too high. It seems to be part of the mushroom and not something else growing on them. Any thoughts?

--------------------
PC's LAGM 2021 (TOC & TWC)
P. natalensis Growlog 2021
Pans for PC Fall 2021 Growlog

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Funky Black Pearl Caps? [Re: PitcherCrab]
    #26595411 - 04/12/20 10:12 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Reminds me of mushrooms that start pinning on top of themselves as they age, usually ive seen it once theyre already picked and in a bag in the fridge for too long.

do they have this pattern as they are young and it grows with them or does it appear later date? Have you had any bags not exhibit this formation?

perhaps air exchange is inadequate, or their may be some stale spots inside your fruiting room.

in any case those are very pretty pearls.

OfflineStromriderM
This must be the place
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dept of know what I'm say... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Funky Black Pearl Caps? [Re: deadmandave]
    #26595429 - 04/12/20 10:19 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

No idea what you got going on there.

On a side note I haven't grown this yet but I've heard good things. Have you tasted it yet? How are the stems?

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Funky Black Pearl Caps? [Re: Stromrider]
    #26598333 - 04/13/20 03:44 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Can't tell you what's going on there, but I've seen Beech do something similar.

It got pretty severe on this big one

Like you said, it was part of the mushroom and had the same taste and texture as the rest of it, delicious.  Just weird :confused:

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix