Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Male User Gallery

Loc: seeking the truth Flag
high mountain compost experience
    #2659074 - 05/10/04 03:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hi All,

A friend (former member) asked me to post this because he's paranoid:

Got poop?  Here's a comparison of high mountain compost ( www.highmountaincompost.com ) to scott's 3-in-1 which was all the rage last year.  After finally finding some scott's 3-in-1, I ordered some of their product to do some tests.

...all conditions were kept the same.  The temperature was a steady 85 degrees, both casings were spawned at the same time, using the same genetics (a clone of pink buffalo), the same amount of spawn (1 quart each), spawning material and method of prep (WBS, soaked overnight) and the same weight of compost (2.5 pounds each).  For science sake, I tried to keep all variables equal.  Both casings have been colonizing for 2 days.  I took great care to mix the compost evenly, making sure not too many grains were on the top.

Here is a picture of Scott's 3-in-1...scotts discontinued this product btw.  Notice the lack of rizomorphic growth, and you can still see the individual grains because they have hardly grown at all.

Here's the high mountain compost, notice the rizomorphic growth, and huge patches grown together.

Here's a picture of the two side by side, with my thermometer inbetween to show the incubation temperature.  They were stacked side by side with a fishtank heater a few feet underneath.

By my tests, if you are looking for some good easy to use compost, then I STRONGLY suggest this shit (pun intended).  I bought 20 pounds and will probably be ordering more soon.

concerning shipping, my order arrived in about about 10 days,but its heavy and I had to send in a money order. 

...just thought I'd share my results with everyone.  I don't know how to make compost, and don't have the space to do it in my apartment... so its perfect.  :smile:

"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: oHIo
Re: high mountain compost experience [Re: pfshroomer]
    #2659221 - 05/10/04 12:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the info... I will be ordering some of that also.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation