Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineeyeohwa

Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 * 1
    #26589728 - 04/09/20 10:06 PM (10 months, 10 days ago)

https://www.siouxlandproud.com/news/local-news/sioux-city-woman-arrested-after-asking-police-to-check-narcotics-for-covid-19/

Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19

SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KCAU) – A Sioux City woman was arrested on drug charges over the weekend after court documents said she asked police to check her narcotics for the coronavirus.

Shawn Salmen, 53, has been charged with the felonies of failure to affix a drug tax stamp and controlled substance violation. She was also charged with first-offense of possession of marijuana.

Court documents said that Salmen drove to the Sioux City Police Department Sunday just after 1 p.m. Officers said she was showing signs of impairment through erratic behavior, paranoia, profuse sweating, and admitting to recent consumption of methamphetamine.

The documents said that Salmen asked officers to check her narcotics for COVID-19.

Officers asked to search her and her vehicle and found 14.4 grams of substance which field-tested positive for methamphetamine, a substance that Salmen said was marijuana, and a large amount of drug paraphernalia.

Salmen was taken to the Woodbury County Law Enforcement Center for a drug test.

She was booked into the Woodbury County Jail and has since bonded out.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegone-pear-shaped
Stranger
Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: eyeohwa] * 1
    #26589776 - 04/09/20 10:37 PM (10 months, 10 days ago)

And I bet in the end, the officers didn't even her narcotics for COVID-19. Tsk, tsk.

OfflineQuirkmeister92
Street Doctor

Loc: Grateful Dead USA
Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: gone-pear-shaped]
    #26589778 - 04/09/20 10:40 PM (10 months, 10 days ago)

Lol

--------------------
Come over to the oat side...

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: Quirkmeister92]
    #26589891 - 04/10/20 12:09 AM (10 months, 10 days ago)

The marijuana tax act was declared illegal, I don't see why this would be any different for "failure to affix a drug tax stamp". Should be able to get that charge thrown out, almost certainly not the other one though.

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: bryguy27007]
    #26590336 - 04/10/20 08:07 AM (10 months, 10 days ago)

Man i love people :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: eyeohwa]
    #26590854 - 04/10/20 12:18 PM (10 months, 10 days ago)

Brilliant.  But I get it having been a meth abuser in the past but even then the last thing I would ever do is go to a cop.  Educated guess is that it made perfect sense to her at the time.

God, I thought my imaginary party going on outside was a bit much and waking up my dad to tell him about it.  But I saw them in the middle of the night.

Hallucinations as real as if it was real people.  Rehab shortly after.  But never, EVER, the police.  Something in my mind is always wired to never contact them no matter what substance I am on.  Being in the system when in and that burden of probation when out, no.

She will learn hopefully.

Also thinking it over the last place one wants to be with this virus is in a jail.  Bunched around a lot of people and get why they are letting go the small time offenders for possession or shoplifting or such which is good. 

Meth heads are irritating to talk to as they speak a mile a minute and reality isn't really there for them.  Been through it and done it.  I learned. 

Crazy Mike, lol.  Had a basement where we go and use it.  So people would always give it to him for free.  And one day and glad I was not there he just broke mentally and started destroying everything.  Is hard to read someone when their consciousness is basically a blank, like who the fuck knows? 

But once again, last place anyone wants to be with this virus is a jail.  I hate ignorant people that think jail and prison are the same.  They are not of course for those that have been through it.  On with life.

Edited by Barnaby (04/10/20 12:27 PM)

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: Barnaby]
    #26591898 - 04/10/20 08:19 PM (10 months, 9 days ago)

LEO has been making declarations on social media that they will test people's drugs for COVID-19 for them...no doubt that she saw one of these announcements and made the mistake of thinking the police wouldn't lie to her.

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26591931 - 04/10/20 08:31 PM (10 months, 9 days ago)

" and made the mistake of thinking the police wouldn't lie to her. "

Yeah, learned that the hard way as well in a different way. A police report lol.  Still that is quite idiotic.:shrug:

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #26592743 - 04/11/20 06:03 AM (10 months, 9 days ago)

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:
BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #26592816 - 04/11/20 07:34 AM (10 months, 9 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26510882/page/1

Anyone that falls for that shit kind of deserves it though....

--------------------

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: icetech] * 2
    #26592846 - 04/11/20 08:02 AM (10 months, 9 days ago)

No one deserves to be a victim of the criminal justice system for being stupid, and the people meant to protect and serve using deception on the population en masse as a policing tactic is a slippery slope I don't think we, as a society, should be treading anywhere near.

I honestly thought it was some kind of joke the police were making, since I have learned they do actually expect a certain number of people to fall for it and get a few easy busts out of it.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: icetech]
    #26592852 - 04/11/20 08:09 AM (10 months, 9 days ago)

Quote:

icetech said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26510882/page/1

Anyone that falls for that shit kind of deserves it though....

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way.  In the long run, she may be better off.  Perhaps she'll get suitable treatment and leave the meth behind her.  Wishful thinking, I suppose, but still possible.  :shrug:

OTOH, that's dirty pool on the part of LE.  Deception like that ought to constitute a form of entrapment, and declared illegal.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: Nature Boy]
    #26592894 - 04/11/20 08:35 AM (10 months, 9 days ago)

I don't know a lot of Iowa's criminal justice system but if it, as a red state, is anything like my red state then she's as likely to end up in prison as she is to get "suitable" treatment...at best she might get into a drug court program that she will probably fail or probation that she will violate and she'll just get punished all the more for not being able to magically turn her life around in an instant and relapsing is a criminal violation in and of itself.

Generally in America, where we practice punitive justice rather than restorative justice, people end up worse off, not better, after getting pulled into the war on drugs. As I presume you are already aware based on your comments...just pointing at that rationalizing this with some kind of silver lining where the positive outcome is far, far less likely to occur than a negative is exactly what the perpetrators want you to do where instead we have a civic duty to be consistently and unrelentingly critical of our system if there is ever a hope for it to change.

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26593073 - 04/11/20 10:38 AM (10 months, 9 days ago)

One is societally conditioned since birth to believe in them and protect and serve and they have your best interests in mind as a citizen.  Not black and white but for the most part they don't.

I get your point of your post but still what she did is above and beyond common sense.  Wish the world was different.  Could be worse, you could be living in Mexico or such and dealing with that level of corruption.

My Uncle got arrested there and found out that my late Grandfather was a doctor and held him indefinitely until the price was paid which was insane.  Bit different then bail.

OfflineMycQueen
Benevolent Monarch of Agaricales
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #26600576 - 04/14/20 02:43 PM (10 months, 5 days ago)

It wouldn't be so bad if the police actually offered real drug rehab instead of jail for the ignorant addicted folk who fall for this, instead of just upping their arrest numbers. (Not that all addicted folk are ignorant, just the ones that fall for this kind of tactic.)

Shame on the police for doing this sort of thing, especially during a pandemic without offering free truly effective rehab to help folks who've been damaged enough by life situations (rape, incest, homelessness, abuse, neglect, domestic violence, etc.) that will now have a record that will further impede them from attaining a living wage job or decent housing in the future. This type of police tactic is just as damaging to society as the dealers who sell the ultra addicting drugs and fill the jails and prisons so that violent offenders (murderers, rapists, child molesters, muggers, home invaders) end up walking free.

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: MycQueen]
    #26601832 - 04/15/20 12:56 AM (10 months, 5 days ago)

"prisons so that violent offenders (murderers, rapists, child molesters, muggers, home invaders) end up walking free."

Yeah is not going that far but made me laugh reading that.  Some things in life are better out of society.  Just thinking of doing those things brings a strong revolution.  They aren't letting them out and thank God so.

Live and let live and leave me the fuck alone.  Just low level offenders are being released from my research.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #26608232 - 04/17/20 02:59 PM (10 months, 2 days ago)

It is going that far, our law enforcement, correctional institutions, and justice system have a finite amount of resources; wasting them on non-violent drug offenders means less of those resources go where they need to. Prison population(overpopulation) affects both sentencing orders and parole decisions.

Why take a rapist to court on a case thats hard to win when you have a dozen no doubt drug cases locked up on the docket to pad your numbers with?

Not to mention the fact that non-violent drug offenders regularly receive sentences much longer than those who commit assault, rape, and robbery...let alone domestic violence.

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26613404 - 04/19/20 05:59 PM (10 months, 19 hours ago)

If she wasnt a felon prior to this. That new status is going to make her future income and housing much worst. In america if you are a felon you are a second class citizen. I received a Felony possesion of marijuana in 2012 that still haunts me to this day. if i wasnt self employeed id still be stuck as entry level positions in fast food resturants.
When you take someone with a substance abuse problem and you take away any hope of a sustantable income you make it much harder to stop using drugs. Cause whats the point. When the most you can hope for is working 70-80hrs a week at two jobs just to make ends meet.

--------------------
Matsesherbs.com is a SCAM site. Do not send them any money!!!!

Edited by Crispy224 (04/19/20 06:15 PM)

InvisibleBarnaby
Jibberjabber
Male

Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: Crispy224]
    #26615688 - 04/20/20 04:41 PM (9 months, 30 days ago)

You get the system.  It was interesting all the shit I had go through for a decade.  Some get it but those that have been through doing time, and oh she will, and the probation or parole.  And judges know and does help if you are white.  Just the way it is.  Look at the numbers.

Made me laugh when they started a riot when the inmates were eating in low security and this guy paid this white guy to take his milk and sit down at the black table so he did.  Then opened it up and through it in his face and he was "LIKE WHAT THE FUCK!"  Would be much worse than in a movie of course.  And he said, "now you know how it feels like to be white."  Oh God that was bad.

Sorry got off track but O.P. update this if you get info on her court case in time.  Bad time to be in jail at this time but who ever gave a shit unless you had a good lawyer?  Would be interested.

Offlinemeepins
Stranger

Re: Sioux City woman arrested after asking police to check drugs for COVID-19 [Re: Crispy224]
    #26706917 - 05/30/20 11:39 AM (8 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Crispy224 said:
If she wasnt a felon prior to this. That new status is going to make her future income and housing much worst. In america if you are a felon you are a second class citizen. I received a Felony possesion of marijuana in 2012 that still haunts me to this day. if i wasnt self employeed id still be stuck as entry level positions in fast food resturants.
When you take someone with a substance abuse problem and you take away any hope of a sustantable income you make it much harder to stop using drugs. Cause whats the point. When the most you can hope for is working 70-80hrs a week at two jobs just to make ends meet.

So messed lol

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service