Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineScandinavian
I'd rather ask than fail.
I'm a teapot

Psilocybe semilanceata, simple question that might garner advanced answers🤔 * 1
    #26588013 - 04/09/20 07:08 AM (1 year, 13 days ago)

I live in a place where Psilocybe semilanceata is pretty common.
I know they need symbiosis, but I also have cow fields where they used to be rampant but the population has declined.

How would one go about re-establishing the population? 🤔

There's a few months till fruiting time, but I'm sure I can find at least some this fall 👌

--------------------
I used to know quite a bit about mycology. I also used to know my old username and email, but then I lost my mind 😔 I found my mind again, but it was lacking in info when I got it back, so here I am, a noob again😅😒

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: Psilocybe semilanceata, simple question that might garner advanced answers🤔 [Re: Scandinavian] * 1
    #26588388 - 04/09/20 11:14 AM (1 year, 13 days ago)

Idk, could be difficult.

You can just try to spread around spore suspension water or LC where it's a good habitat: unusually certain hillside pastures where there is a lot of grazing which causes part of grass to die and semilanceata apparently feeds off the dying grass roots, i guess as a necrotroph.

But i think often the problem is not a lack of spores, but the habitat not being to the liking anymore of the fungus. Which can be from all sorts of reasons like nitrogen deposition or who knows.

Similarly if a species of mushrooms declines in population, overpicking i don't think should be a real concern - but again.. the climate/habitat changes.
IDK how complicated it would get to figure out a possible cause for your semi's disappearing (afaik they have gone here as well for the most part)
And also dont know if there could be relatively simple ways to do some ecological management to do your best to make it more to their liking again.
So maybe don't focus and work on what i said about spores or LC if that is indeed ultimately futile, but focus on the ecology?

Someone a lot more experienced should answer better probably.

OfflineScandinavian
I'd rather ask than fail.
I'm a teapot

Re: Psilocybe semilanceata, simple question that might garner advanced answers🤔 [Re: Solipsis] * 1
    #26588753 - 04/09/20 02:24 PM (1 year, 12 days ago)

I was curious if I could get some mycelium going on grain, to just expand that, make a big batch of slurry, and spray the field with it when the cows change fields 👌

--------------------
I used to know quite a bit about mycology. I also used to know my old username and email, but then I lost my mind 😔 I found my mind again, but it was lacking in info when I got it back, so here I am, a noob again😅😒

Offlinethe man
still tappin caps
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Psilocybe semilanceata, simple question that might garner advanced answers🤔 [Re: Scandinavian]
    #26592078 - 04/10/20 10:32 PM (1 year, 11 days ago)

ya or feed cows spore. wouldnt spray but absolutely why not poor some around if u want :wink: disturbing a little prob would hurt.

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe semilanceata, simple question that might garner advanced answers🤔 (moved) [Re: Scandinavian]
    #26592729 - 04/11/20 06:50 AM (1 year, 11 days ago)

This thread was moved from Advanced Mycology.

Reason:
Better fit.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation