Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26600108 - 04/14/20 10:41 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
The real problem with affordable houses is that they haven't built many of them the last 40 years. I'm not sure why that is but I'm guessing it's top 1% decision.

Do you mean something subsidized by the Government?  Here in the Bay Area, land is worth more than the houses on them, so people would struggle just to buy an empty lot.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (04/15/20 11:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26600167 - 04/14/20 11:05 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:
While keeping things shut down until we have a vaccine would be wise medically, it would economically be the worst disaster in American history, and Trump's trying to get reelected. It's a tough call.

If you were to make a recommendation to Trump, what would you tell him?  To me it's easy, but I'll save my reply for later.

So no response on how to avoid an economic disaster?  It's really quite simple, and the solution is now being proposed by Congress.  However, I doubt they care enough about Main St to pass it:

Jayapal Proposes Layoff Prevention Plan as the Fed Expands Corporate Aid With No Employment Strings
Quote:

We could avoid a return to Great Depression-era unemployment rates if we follow European models and tie business assistance to preserving jobs.

Under Jayapal’s Paycheck Guarantee Act, companies that are either completely shut down or significantly harmed by the coronavirus crisis could receive federal support for 100 percent of wages for workers earning salaries up to $100,000. The proposal would provide this assistance for three months, with possible monthly extensions.

This would be a win-win for workers and employers. Workers would continue to receive their pay and employer-sponsored health benefits. Once the economic recovery kicks in, employers would avoid the costs associated with recruiting and training new employees.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26600285 - 04/14/20 11:55 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:
That's a movie I haven't seen in a while, and hope to never see again. Especially that one scene where they make a zombie baby.

Feels like that's what it's gonna take to get rid of the boomers, though.

I read an article the other day about how millennials were entitled because they were talking about how another housing crash might actually make houses affordable, and the author thought that was extremely insensitive because boomers like him would lose money on their investments. The whole thing read like a parody, to be honest.

You will be rid of most of us.

In 2050.

The real problem with affordable houses is that they haven't built many of them the last 40 years. I'm not sure why that is but I'm guessing it's top 1% decision.

It's not just a 1% decision. It's a homeowner decision. So, once again, largely boomers.

Increasing supply will cause the price to drop, which is why homeowners, HOAs, and other such organizations have a tendency to resist any sort of rezoning to build more housing.

As far as being boomers...you're not all bad, just...many of you are.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: Kryptos]
    #26600310 - 04/14/20 12:08 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Millennials are in a position to understand and criticize the older generations, more than any other previous generation. Not saying that some of the criticism isn't valid....it is very different, though.

I mostly had rabbit ears to get the news(and radio). I has borne in the 70s, no platform like you all.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #26600372 - 04/14/20 12:34 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:

Do you mean something subsidized the Government?  Here in the Bay Area, land is worth more than the houses on them, so people would struggle just to buy an empty lot.

Yes, location is the central variable in real estate value, and I didn't even get into that. I was just thinking about the construction of houses that are mainly McMansions and not enough basic 3 bedroom ranch houses. Then there is the related issue that when houses are affordable people can afford to live there that other people don't want to associate with.

In the Chicago area (and probably a lot of other places) transportation is a big issue and towns that aren't even that nice (like my hometown) are getting expensive just because they're on the right roads. To dig myself out of the hole I got into a few years ago I moved 45 minutes farther away. I'm paying $500 including utilities and streaming channels to share a house. Financially it's great and it's convenient to my job, but 2-3 nights a week I'm driving long distances to socialize (drink, etc. with my friends) so that's a gamble that might go bad.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26607082 - 04/17/20 01:12 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:
While keeping things shut down until we have a vaccine would be wise medically, it would economically be the worst disaster in American history, and Trump's trying to get reelected. It's a tough call.

If you were to make a recommendation to Trump, what would you tell him?  To me it's easy, but I'll save my reply for later.

It would depend on what extent they are willing to aid regular people. I remember you posting somebody's plan of giving everyone 3 months pay to stay home, but I can't find that now. That's a good idea, but I don't see the U.S. going for it. They're going to do a patchwork plan of this and that, that will mainly benefit the rich, and will end up costing more. We're going to be mortgaged to the hilt, which will of course be the reason we have to keep destroying the environment. People with environmentally caused respiratory issues are already contributing to the covid-19 death rate, besides the very high numbers who die from it every year, that we pay little attention to.

There are a few practical issues with the 3 months pay idea. First, the earlier it started the more effective it would be, but the politicians wouldn't dole out that kind of money until things are already bad. Second, we don't know if 3 months will be enough, but it sounds like a good estimate. Third, a lot of people work under the table. Normally, a good argument may be made that they shouldn't get government benefits. Obviously that doesn't apply to this situation. I can't remember, but I think the proposal you mentioned would cover them.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26607351 - 04/17/20 07:18 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I think if the US let all restrictions go now, you'd have several million new cases in a month.

It would be a profoundly bad idea.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: Asante] * 2
    #26607644 - 04/17/20 09:36 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
I think if the US let all restrictions go now, you'd have several million new cases in a month.

Yet, we're stupid enough to do it.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26607840 - 04/17/20 10:44 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
I remember you posting somebody's plan of giving everyone 3 months pay to stay home, but I can't find that now.

Here it is.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
That's a good idea, but I don't see the U.S. going for it.

It's a great idea that many other countries are implementing, but you're right, the US Government is bought by Wall St.

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
They're going to do a patchwork plan of this and that, that will mainly benefit the rich, and will end up costing more.

:awesomenod:

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: qman]
    #26607941 - 04/17/20 11:28 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Asante said:

Dumpty just called on his supporters to 'liberate' MN, MI, and VA.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: qman] * 3
    #26608145 - 04/17/20 01:20 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Asante said:

"Looks good to me, let's abolish restrictions."

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: Asante]
    #26608243 - 04/17/20 02:04 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

We about to see a situation where trump supporters are going to self select themselves out of the voting pool and gene pool. Trump can’t afford to have 1% of his base die in the next six months.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: koods]
    #26608335 - 04/17/20 02:50 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
We about to see a situation where trump supporters are going to self select themselves out of the voting pool and gene pool. Trump can’t afford to have 1% of his base die in the next six months.

Why not? Having 1% of his base die in the next six months would work out great.

He can blame it on democratic states hogging all the medical supplies, tell his base to "punish them for their greed", and use either the violence or the deaths as an excuse to set up poll watchers (which is now legal, as the ruling banning hiring big armed dudes, especially ex-police or ex-military, to watch you vote got overturned). Then, a few strategic GOP controlled states cancel elections and assign their electors to donnie, and the poll watchers eke out the victory.

Ya know, for safety.

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: Kryptos]
    #26608668 - 04/17/20 05:39 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

This is probably the calm before the storm our second wave will probably hit in the fall.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #26608690 - 04/17/20 05:48 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

We haven't even hit our peak yet:

--------------------

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: feldman114]
    #26608759 - 04/17/20 06:26 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

You didnt even bother to check if you could get unemployment before saying fuck everybody? Jesus.

--------------------

Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26608782 - 04/17/20 06:41 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
We haven't even hit our peak yet

Oops, wrong chart.  That was deaths.  Here is total number of cases:

Maybe we have peaked.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #26608799 - 04/17/20 06:46 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Declines come much slower than growth. We’ll be seeing 1500+ deaths a day for quite a while. Today is the worst day yet. 2600 deaths. Over 1000 in New York

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Will coronavirus lockdown in US be extended? [Re: koods]
    #26608847 - 04/17/20 07:02 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

The deaths curve is definitely still going up.

--------------------

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
    #26609230 - 04/17/20 10:07 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Besides masks, shortened hours, and less people allowed in the stores, things seem ok. I went to Wal-Mart with my mask. Seeds are out, bought some 'non esentials'.

The good people would rather risk the virus than cower. I thought we'd suit up and use the 'dont be a jerk' thing that actually works abd makez 90% of people want to listen and join in.

I heard California's numbers could be because they were exposed in November. Considering its proximity and the amount of asian travel. How could we not see the deaths though?

The US didnt ever have the infrastructure to react to this sort of thing governmentally. We were safw for so long. Germany is surrounded by great nations, especially Switzerland:aweshit:
They needed a government that could react effectively if transistria decides its their turn

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale