Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesaved7
follower
about Jesus
    #26584584 - 04/07/20 06:05 PM (4 years, 9 days ago)

I wanted to start a discussion about this person called Jesus, as recorded in the Bible... what he is said to have said and done, who he is...  how his story is echoed endlessly throughout the Old Testament scriptures, that came centuries and millenia before him... in both clear and subtle allusions, and types, and figures.

I am a follower of Jesus Christ.  I study him in the word, daily.  The whole Bible is a living testament to his nature.  I feel like I have enough to say about him that it might draw a few people's interest if they read it.

My testimony is elsewhere on here.  I mocked Christianity for most of my life before surrendering to the truth of Jesus.

--------------------
"Who do you say that I am?"
- Jesus quoted in the Gospel of Matthew

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
Re: about Jesus [Re: saved7] * 2
    #26584616 - 04/07/20 06:26 PM (4 years, 9 days ago)

Dude, I'm A Christian Myself. One Thing I've Learned Is That You Cannot "Preach" To Someone About Christ. Be & Set An Example & They Will Catch On.

People Are Going To Have Different Religions & Beliefs.

You Don't Convert Someone To Christianity By Preaching To Them & Giving Them "The Facts", That Will Only Turn Them Away.

Just Set An Example & Do Good Things. When They See You Do Those Good Things, It Will Make Them Want To Do Something Good As Well.

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
Re: about Jesus [Re: saved7]
    #26584676 - 04/07/20 06:46 PM (4 years, 9 days ago)

There comes a redeemer
and he slowly too fades away
There follows a wagon behind him
that's loaded with clay
and the seeds that were silent
all burst into bloom and decay

Edited by AroundtheSon (04/07/20 08:39 PM)

InvisibleAroundtheSon
Learning to See
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest.
Re: about Jesus [Re: saved7] * 1
    #26584682 - 04/07/20 06:48 PM (4 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

saved7 said:
how his story is echoed endlessly throughout the Old Testament scriptures, that came centuries and millenia before him... in both clear and subtle allusions, and types, and figures.

This always tripped me out:

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine: and he was [is] the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, 'Blessed be Abram to the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth, And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand'. And he gave him tithe from all.

— Genesis 14:18–20

Breaking the bread and drinking the wine back in the old skool. Interesting...

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: about Jesus [Re: MpSeph]
    #26584708 - 04/07/20 06:55 PM (4 years, 9 days ago)

People will "catch on" if there's evidence to the claims. Baseless claims isn't very appealing to people like myself. There's thousands of different religious organizations all with a different set of beliefs without evidence. Most of those believers don't even realize they don't have any methodology to test the validity of their beliefs. I reject all of their claims because they all lack the evidence. Most people also reject all of those claims expect the religion they were born into. 

Anyone can "good things", it doesn't take believing in things without evidence. Non-believers do "good things" all the time. Why not just do "good things" for that sake of helping other people without involving religious faith?

OfflineMpSeph
Cow Field Creature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
Re: about Jesus [Re: qman]
    #26584768 - 04/07/20 07:16 PM (4 years, 9 days ago)

Before I Wrote The Last Post, I Knew There Would Be Someone To Comment & Say Something Similar To This; "Anybody Can Do Good Things, You Don't Have To Be Religious To Do Good Things."

However, I Never Said You Did. Anyone Can Do Something Good.

I Think You Might Have Some Hate Towards Religion, Otherwise Why Would You Click This Thread & Say "Baseless Claims" Over & Over Again? You Could've Just Not Even Clicked.

To The OP ~ This Is Exactly Why Our Religion Should Be Kept In Our Heart & Mind & Not On The Internet.

--------------------
Tips For A Beginner Mushroom Hunter

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27146775

One Who Hunts Mushrooms Is A Mushroom Hunter. One Who Eats Them Without Knowing What They Are, Is A Dumb Mushroom Hunter. - Seph

Offlineshroomening

#26586193 - 04/08/20 11:40 AM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Do you believe that he could do miracles through his faith / thoughts? The same is said of Moses and Muhammad. Do you believe they could do it? Like turning water into wine, or walking on water?

Edited by shroomening (04/08/20 11:41 AM)

OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
    #26586313 - 04/08/20 12:55 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

So let me ask you this: do you believe all the miracles actually happened at the time? How do you know there were actually texts written way before Jesus was born? So how do you know there actually was a prophecy that came true rather than it being fabricated afterwards?

InvisibleHartford
Lawful Good
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
    #26586336 - 04/08/20 01:09 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

The teachings of Jesus are so otherworldly that society demanded an alternative which was furnished to them by the apostle Paul

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: about Jesus [Re: Hartford]
    #26586403 - 04/08/20 01:34 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

The stories of miracles weren’t the Crux of his message and teaching.  They were added for the allure to those with a simplistic understanding of the nature of things, like a tool to both ornament the man himself, and to draw in those naive enough to not know better - in the hopes that by sticking around long enough, their understanding would develop and in turn allow for realizing the esoteric truth of his life.
Such phenomena is added to most all major religious figures for the same purpose throughout history.  It can be understood as skillful means
The message, teaching, and practices as exemplified by the surviving recorded history and story of Jesus Christ are universal.  No conditional need to be Christian in the sense of becoming an adherent to an established orthodoxy or sect, but that path is available and keeps the flame lit so to speak, and serves as a beacon in some sense, and is often the obvious starting point for most who want to live christlike.The same applies to followers of the Buddha and his doctrine and discipline. Etc.  nothing inherently wrong with either position - as in wheather one practices and lives the truth alone, or with a community.  Both have pros and cons and differences in those who choose either one is likely due to differing personalities. :heart:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: about Jesus [Re: MpSeph]
    #26586434 - 04/08/20 01:45 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

MpSeph said:
Before I Wrote The Last Post, I Knew There Would Be Someone To Comment & Say Something Similar To This; "Anybody Can Do Good Things, You Don't Have To Be Religious To Do Good Things."

However, I Never Said You Did. Anyone Can Do Something Good.

I Think You Might Have Some Hate Towards Religion, Otherwise Why Would You Click This Thread & Say "Baseless Claims" Over & Over Again? You Could've Just Not Even Clicked.

To The OP ~ This Is Exactly Why Our Religion Should Be Kept In Our Heart & Mind & Not On The Internet.

No, I don't "hate" the thousands of different religions that exist today. It's all the same to the skeptical person, claims without evidence that require faith to be a follower.

There's plenty of good and bad that go along with religious beliefs, I'm not going to generalize and suggest it's "bad" or "good" for humanity.

Again, being skeptical of any claim isn't implying hate. It's better not to be so defensive of one's ideology, it tends to cloud judgment and rational thought.

OfflineConnection
Wise Man!!
Male

Re: about Jesus [Re: qman]
    #26586558 - 04/08/20 02:32 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah skepticism isn’t hate saved7 even said he questioned the religious believes of Christianity at first! So saying someone is hateful for adding their own opinions on a subject of the bible is just pure hateful. You are not the Lord so don’t judge others that judge forgive as Jesus Christ said don’t be hateful to the non believers and good intent they have religion is religion God is Godliness Jesus Christ was a savior although he did not need to die on a cross Moses did not need to give the 10 commandments Mother Mary did not need to birth Jesus Christ in the end he died for us all. So move along religious or not Love Thy God Love Thy Christ Love Everyone the Message is Pure Love God is love and so are you so are you...

--------------------
Life is an expression of countless endless words that are true for you and the universe and all the time it will come to your mind life and spirit of humanity and your life you are truly grateful to be alive you are the great one of this universe you are wise and truly endless in your nature...

Offlinesaved7
follower
Re: about Jesus [Re: shroomening]
    #26586798 - 04/08/20 04:38 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

shroomening said:
Do you believe that he could do miracles through his faith / thoughts

The wind and the sea obeyed Jesus' command.  The forces of nature bowed before this man just as they would the Creator himself. 
I believe it.

--------------------
"Who do you say that I am?"
- Jesus quoted in the Gospel of Matthew

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

Re: about Jesus [Re: saved7] * 1
    #26586810 - 04/08/20 04:45 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

The real question to ask yourself is why do you believe it.  I take the position of schrodz cat in instances of ignorance as opposed to being for or against or undecided -  in doing so it saves me the opportunity to not be blinded by a limiting stance on a stance, thereby granting me freedom from potentially deluded views, in turn that allows release from one sidedness and supports freedom of view to reflect the actual nature of things as best as can be done at the moment.

Examining the logic and reasoning of the thought processes that occur after asking oneself that question in regards to one belief in the aforementioned topic is how discernment can be sharpened, and without discernment, morality is hazy, and wisdom just an idea.

--------------------

Edited by The Blind Ass (04/08/20 04:52 PM)

Offlineshroomening

#26586821 - 04/08/20 04:49 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Or the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, but no one has been able to do what he did. Maybe our consciousness can control matter. Read some research that atoms (if they were atoms, don't really remember) were conscious. In the research they did, they observed the atom, and then it stood still. But moved when it was not observed. If any man would succeed in doing miracles with his faith, then that person can be classified as the second coming of Christ. Then the new Jesus Christ have risen and the scriptures were true. If it doesn't happen, then maybe the scriptures were just written as a fairy tale to express knowledge of man and man's spirit and behavior. Maybe they tripped on mushrooms and wrote the story.

I don't think it was written to control people doh. There is too much truth and wisdom in the words. And a lot of justice. “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Maybe it was simply good people who fought for the good, against all evil and all the evil rulers who somehow enslaved people through governments (or what to call it back in the time). I mean, there have always been evil people with strong egos who have done everything for their own gain.You are naive if you do not think that people would be so evil for their own gain, neither today nor in the past (when it was more or less lawless in "society"). You could kill, rape and steal and get away with it without any problem. Or get an army with people and take over villages or cities, etc. It was easy, just attack in secret and kill everyone.

Surely there must have been good people who have been strong in love / God and written down things for the people of love, who in the end dreamt of winning the fight against evil and injustice in the world.

However, it seems only the Christian messiah (christ) and the Islamic messiah (mahdi) are to come with miracle powers. But the Messiah of the Jews (son of David) seems to be a conquering political king. I don't read anything about him having miracle powers. Perhaps that is why the Jews did not accept Jesus as the messiah. And still today do not (except for Judeo-Christians).

The conquering political king part doesn't seem so special, I could do that work myself. A fair, strong and loving politician is not difficult to mantle the role of, with the help of God / love spirit and God / love doctrine.

Creating paradise on earth I think is possible. But the miracle stuff is a question mark.

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

#26586847 - 04/08/20 04:58 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Your predicating your belief on the assumption that an atom is conscious, and your assuming that because you misunderstood the experiment.  The double slit experiment is not in support of that conclusion at all.  More likely, my assumption that you haven’t studied the actual double slot experiment, but rather heard about it from someone’s commentary on it,  the commentary likely being conjecture.

My real point out of all that is,  that upon examining your belief, if you had truly known your own ignorance, you would have known that you did not know as much as you claim.    But by deceiving oneself you claim to know that which you do not, and further, you predicate your believe upon that false premise.

Try again,  I have nothing but love for Christ,  but you still have to do better than that.

--------------------

Edited by The Blind Ass (04/08/20 05:00 PM)

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

#26586848 - 04/08/20 04:58 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

I myself will be adorned with Black plate armor and white trim that is decorated with upside crucifixes and my middle name is the first martyr of Christianity but to to each their own if my God Shri Ganesha wills thus :highdog:

--------------------

Offlinesaved7
follower
Re: about Jesus [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #26586853 - 04/08/20 04:58 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

AroundtheSon said:
Quote:

saved7 said:
how his story is echoed endlessly throughout the Old Testament scriptures, that came centuries and millenia before him... in both clear and subtle allusions, and types, and figures.

This always tripped me out:

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine: and he was [is] the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, 'Blessed be Abram to the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth, And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand'. And he gave him tithe from all.

— Genesis 14:18–20

Breaking the bread and drinking the wine back in the old skool. Interesting...

Yea, the image of Jesus is refracted through every chapter of the Old Testament.  "The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" ...  Jesus even makes this claim directly..

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he [Jesus] expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
- Luke 24:27

The story of Israel itself is a macrocosm of Jesus' life... How Jesus crosses over the Jordan river (a picture of Israel passing through the Red Sea) and is then Jesus is immediately brought into the wilderness for 40 days.  (a clear reference to Israel's 40 years in the wilderness)...

I was just thinking about the story of Joseph (pre-Exodus)... how he is annointed with a robe by his father, and then thrown into a pit by his brothers, and then is brought up out of the pit to eventually sit at the right hand of power of the Pharoah in kingdom of Egypt.

It's one of the more obvious pictures of Jesus, annointed by the father at baptism, and then thrown into the grave (murdered) by his Jewish brethren (betrayed by his own disciple), and then risen out of the pit in resurrection, to rule over all the kingdoms of the world.

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

#26586871 - 04/08/20 05:06 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Jospeh and Jesus similarities is parallelism.  Likely left in the current bible by the monks who sutured it into a book of stories for partly that reason ,  and it remained there by the rule of the Councils who decreed what should go and what should remain in what is in the Bible today.

Is he ruling over , poetically speaking, Buddhist kingdoms, or Muslim kingdoms?  Not really, atleast not as a single man born some odd 2000 years ago, atleast I don’t think I can understand how that could be considering the man is gone but a religion was constructed around his life’s teachings and stories related or seemingly related to it as prophetic and mythicaly abrhamic.

Does that take away anything from the actual teachings he gave? No.  But the point is to reflect on the things as they actually are, or as close as we can.

However in another sense, many Buddhists see Christ as one having attained enlightenment, and obviously the Quran speaks of him as prophet most high (besides Mohammed )(but that’s their stick).

So in another way, it doesn’t matter the way in which it’s often thought about and understood by a majority.  To an extent.  Ok I done here, much love and have a good night.

--------------------

Edited by The Blind Ass (04/08/20 05:11 PM)

Offlineshroomening

Re: about Jesus [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26586878 - 04/08/20 05:10 PM (4 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
Your predicating your belief on the assumption that an atom is conscious, and your assuming that because you misunderstood the experiment.  The double slit experiment is not in support of that conclusion at all.  More likely, my assumption that you haven’t studied the actual double slot experiment, but rather heard about it from someone’s commentary on it,  the commentary likely being conjecture.

My real point out of all that is,  that upon examining your belief, if you had truly known your own ignorance, you would have known that you did not know as much as you claim.    But by deceiving oneself you claim to know that which you do not, and further, you predicate your believe upon that false premise.

Try again,  I have nothing but love for Christ,  but you still have to do better than that.

I'm not saying I believe in anything, I just speculate on both sides. But I thought I read that they think atoms were conscious, but that was just an experiment I read a little about. Another scientist (don't remember his name) said that the entire universe is coded just like the movie matrix lol, with math. Sounds fitting to God who then created it. And that out in the universe where there is no matter - there is only pure consciousness. And, as far as I know, it is not proven that it is not so?

Anyways, it is interesting to hear opinions from both people who believe, and people who do not believe. So keep on arguing, my brothr. "For under the heavens there is but one family" - bruce lee

Edited by shroomening (04/08/20 05:12 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags