Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecrawford1093
Motherfucker
I'm a teapot

Lithium and shrooms..?
    #26574469 - 04/03/20 05:52 AM (10 months, 17 days ago)

So I'm bipolar 1 and I take 600mg of lithium every night, have been for at least a year. I also take 20mg of propanolol (Inderal) for anxiety and 300mg of oxcarbazepine (Trileptal) as a sort of mood stabilizer. I'm reading all of these posts on, like, mind-blowing trips and freak-outs on super small doses, and I've literally just finished inoculating my first grow ever....

I'm 6'4" and 240lbs, and feel especially comfortable with the doses I'm currently taking. I also feel, as do both my prescribing nurse and therapist, that I have good judgement as far as gauging appropriate dosage in relation with how my symptoms have been lately.

On that note, I've decided to throw caution to the wind and say fuck what people say, I'm gonna eat that damn fungus. I've tripped comfortably in the past more than a half a dozen times on mushrooms, dosage maybe as high as 5-7g, never had an issue. Tripped on acid MUCH more frequently, to the point that I've had my fill, prolly forever tbh.

I already plan to titrate myself down on all but the propanolol (not much of a point since it's the size of a breath mint.) With the current prescription I have I can bump all the way down to 150mg of lithium and oxcarbazepine without requesting a smaller pill (which honestly wouldn't be a hassle, they'd love to hear that I'm functioning happily on a lower dosage.)

What I'm looking for here are just some reassurances, most of these stories people are taking twice the dosage I'm taking, just started, or are taking it recreationally (which, honestly I don't understand it doesn't make you feel anything it just kinda levels me out...) I've played with my dosages enough with guidance from the medical professionals I talk to on a regular enough basis and never experienced any tremors or any shit like that, just a little hypertension in the jaw if I'm particularly manic.

Also, I miss a dose I feel kinda all over the fucking place and it sucks, so the medication is certainly helping. I don't plan to try to go without unless I reach a point where I don't need it. As of right now, I do. Plus, I've got probably 6 weeks or so till I birth those cakes, so I've got plenty of time to be anxious about it. :thumbup:

Any thoughts either way are appreciated, thx!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecrawford1093
Motherfucker
I'm a teapot

Re: Lithium and shrooms..? [Re: crawford1093]
    #26574478 - 04/03/20 06:02 AM (10 months, 17 days ago)

P.S. I'm not sure this is the right board for this, just figured I'd throw it here..

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: DS9
Re: Lithium and shrooms..? [Re: crawford1093] * 1
    #26574485 - 04/03/20 06:05 AM (10 months, 17 days ago)

Sounds unwise to do such a a thing in your condition without an honest consultation from your physician, I’m sure many will disagree with me because this is the shroomery,  but I think you know that already and that’s probably why your coming here, for the confirmation bias of people uneducated enough to fully grasp your actual situation , as opposed to talking it over with those we really know and care for you.

It’s 50/50 and that’s a gamble, but in the end a trip is just a dream, but dreams can be powerful in a good way and in a bad way.

Your medical conditions are a factor you should not simply ignore, in the short term that may seem fine, but have you really thought this threw?

I’m no expert in regards to neurology and psychiatry, so I’ll have to stop myself here.

Hope you find what your actually looking for in life, because usually a dream isn’t it, but sometimes the possibilities a dream may show, is the beginning - not the end, of ones questions, and not definite answers.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or - give me death caps

OfflineTheEschatologist
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Lithium and shrooms..? [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26579238 - 04/05/20 01:10 PM (10 months, 15 days ago)

+1 to the above

I may be mistaken, but there probably aren't that many here who can speak to your exact situation and how it would affect a mushroom trip. There are quite a few anecdotal reports of lithium interacting badly with psychedelics, so just tread carefully I'd say. I'm not familiar with the other meds so can't give any input there.

If you're determined, low doses first and not too soon after dosing any meds, especially the lithium. I guess the catch 22 though is that if you don't take your meds the baseline anxiety could potentially be a problem with tripping.

Tough to say friend, best to get some medical advice as TBA suggests

Offlinejdawg333
Stranger
Re: Lithium and shrooms..? [Re: crawford1093] * 1
    #26579424 - 04/05/20 02:36 PM (10 months, 15 days ago)

I would be extremely cautious taking any psychedelic with lithium . I've read several separate accounts of people combining LSD with lithium and it basically ups the level of the trip tenfold and can cause big seizures, serious confusion, inability to communicate, etc. These really aren't issues that are possible with psychedelics if you take a reasonable dose and aren't on lithium, so I would do some more research before you dive in.

https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=83935
https://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/an5qx4/lsd_and_lithium/

I've read many more on many different forums. Granted they all did LSD, but mushrooms tend to be more similar than different imo

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience