Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >
OfflineWeBeTrippyMane
nothing is as it seems...
 User Gallery

Loc: Lutruwita ;) Flag
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: blessed]
    #26564193 - 03/28/20 09:02 PM (4 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

blessed said:
HOLY CAP!!!!
I did not expect to see a Tasmania Thread this early, damn. :woooaaahhh:

Congratulations WeBeTrippyMane on your finds :thumbup:.

Hello obtuse
:retrocool:  It's awesome to see you're still around. :highfive:

On the subject of the Toyota Corolla Virus, I see it impacting on hunting this season unfortunately.  I hope I'm wrong.

thank you blessed, was extremely ecstatic to find them too, only my third year scouting, was a nice surprise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFluidTV
Novice Forager
Male
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: WeBeTrippyMane]
    #26565692 - 03/29/20 04:51 PM (4 years, 18 days ago)

Could you (or someone else) give a rough estimate as to what time subs and azurence would pop up at close to sea level (20m-5m is the alltitude of the spots)
Last season was my first season and what I found in 3 different spots were big patches of subs and azurence in late April and ofc May but I was wondering if this would mean early for the spots here also.

(Photo attached was my first ever pic I stumbled upon after work one night)

Happy Foraging and
Ty to any answers lol ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘Œ

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Loc: tasmania Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: FluidTV]
    #26565937 - 03/29/20 07:10 PM (4 years, 18 days ago)

Psilocybe azurescens don't occur in Tasmania, all the mushrooms in your photo are Psilocybe subaeruginosa.

But this shows really good evidence, for the fact that maybe Psilocybe azurescens is actually Psilocybe subaeruginosa, but we need to do genetic analysis.

The season has already started, and I would assume that as soon as the temps at sea level get down below 6 degrees C.  That can be as early as late March, mid-April.  so my advice is to go have a look now.

OfflineFluidTV
Novice Forager
Male
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: obtuse]
    #26566286 - 03/30/20 12:23 AM (4 years, 18 days ago)

Surely this is azurence?

This was the photo I was referencing but didnt link in last post sorry,
I wasn't sure wether the mushrooms I found were all eventually subs and if sobthats crazy because there were such a wide variety lol.

here's more pics but I agree with you on the azurence thing, I didnt know you couldnt get them here

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Trusted Identifier
    #26566347 - 03/30/20 01:00 AM (4 years, 18 days ago)

Psilocybe subaeruginosa are hugely variable.  Depending on substrate, nutrients, and environment - let alone genetics - they have a variety of appearances.

I have been saying it for years but it would be great to do a genetic study across all the phenotypes that we find in Australia.

OfflineSubscription
Stranger

#26570088 - 03/31/20 09:48 PM (4 years, 16 days ago)

Hello all :cool:

Very pleasant surprise to see this thread has already kicked off! Saw a Sub uploaded to the Tasmanian Fungi Facebook page a few weeks ago, been keeping tabs on here since.

Nice work WeBeTrippyMane! Congratulations on your finds! :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinemike20
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tas
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: Subscription]
    #26570442 - 04/01/20 06:04 AM (4 years, 15 days ago)

hey guys had a look for some lactarius and managed to find some, ate them tonight with pasta  no subs yet but gymnopilus?

good signs

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Trusted Identifier
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: mike20]
    #26571845 - 04/01/20 07:10 PM (4 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

mike20 said:
hey guys had a look for some lactarius and managed to find some, ate them tonight with pasta  no subs yet but gymnopilus?

good signs

Yeah, looks like Gym's

OfflineWeBeTrippyMane
 User Gallery

#26571859 - 04/01/20 07:15 PM (4 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

FluidTV said:
Surely this is azurence?

This was the photo I was referencing but didnt link in last post sorry,
I wasn't sure wether the mushrooms I found were all eventually subs and if sobthats crazy because there were such a wide variety lol.

here's more pics but I agree with you on the azurence thing, I didnt know you couldnt get them here

I have found Ps. Subaeruginosa from Umbonate, to wavy to ones with just flat caps, there are heaps of genetic diversity in the species depending on substrate/growing conditions. As obtuse said, there needs to be more microscopy work done on each to know for sure.

Edited by WeBeTrippyMane (04/01/20 07:20 PM)

Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
    #26579404 - 04/05/20 12:27 PM (4 years, 11 days ago)

Hello.

Just wondering if anyone else in Tasmania has ever come across a scorpion in or around their house?  I found this guy on my bed!!!  luckily I had been up for around an hour or so.
I was told by a friend that the do sting and that it's quite a painful experience but that was about the worst of it.

But you see I have a cat, and Im not sure what would happen if she got stung.  I would hate to lose my cat to one of these little buggers :frown:

I will search the internet about them when I get the chance, but I just wanted to see if any of you already have experience with Tasmanian scorpions?

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Trusted Identifier
    #26580018 - 04/05/20 05:16 PM (4 years, 11 days ago)

As a child when my parents were living on Bruny Island, i woke to find a scorpion in my bed.  Naturally i freaked.

I was a curious kid, and in the following months found numerous scorpions living under rocks.

Not sure on how poisonous they are, but yeah that stinger looks like it would hurt.  Jack Jumpers are bad enough!

Offlinemike20
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tas
    #26580405 - 04/05/20 08:13 PM (4 years, 11 days ago)

Hey blessed, the sting is about as bad as a bee sting. They aren't poisonous, as obtuse said, jack jumpers! they're probably worse

OfflineWeBeTrippyMane
 User Gallery

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: mike20]
    #26580868 - 04/06/20 12:46 AM (4 years, 11 days ago)

Still not a lot around yet, some are from at least a fortnight ago and have almost started to rot. I say another 14 days things will be good to go.

Nice Umbonate bois, probably why people think theyโ€™re azzies.

OfflineShrunterThompson
Loc: Tasmania Flag
    #26580927 - 04/06/20 02:20 AM (4 years, 11 days ago)

Hi all,
Seasoned hunter, first time poster.
Having a ripper early season kicking off about 2 weeks ago with a few subs popping in the usual places late last month and then really had a good look over the weekend resulting in almost 1kg wet. As for tripping, jumped right in with about a 5g dry dose and golly gosh was it intense in the best way possible.

Also loving the huge abundance of Amanita Muscaria out and about, Found some beut's in a pine plantation.

Happy Shrunting for the 2020 Season everyone- hope to meet, safely from a government mandated distance, some of you soon :laugh:

- Shrunter Thompson & Friends

OfflineWeBeTrippyMane
 User Gallery

Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: ShrunterThompson] * 1
    #26580935 - 04/06/20 02:32 AM (4 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

ShrunterThompson said:
Hi all,
Seasoned hunter, first time poster.
Having a ripper early season kicking off about 2 weeks ago with a few subs popping in the usual places late last month and then really had a good look over the weekend resulting in almost 1kg wet. As for tripping, jumped right in with about a 5g dry dose and golly gosh was it intense in the best way possible.

Also loving the huge abundance of Amanita Muscaria out and about, Found some beut's in a pine plantation.

Happy Shrunting for the 2020 Season everyone- hope to meet, safely from a government mandated distance, some of you soon :laugh:

- Shrunter Thompson & Friends

Good shit Shrunter! Nice to see others finding some goodies, how did you find 5g? I had two 5.6 experiences last season, fucked me up. :mushroom2:

OfflineShrunterThompson
Loc: Tasmania Flag
    #26580946 - 04/06/20 02:42 AM (4 years, 11 days ago)

Thanks Mane, yeah the 5g was good, myself and 2 buds all had a very decent trip. Kicked in quick, giggled our tits off for maybe 2 hours then things got a bit deeper and we all needed our space. had some awesome open and closed eye visuals. only downside was not being able to sleep due to ingesting a bit late. ive tripped on less weight and for sure on more after building a bit of a tolerance but i would say these were some of the most potent little numbers i ever did munch.

OfflineFunnestFungus
Stranger
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: ShrunterThompson]
    #26582472 - 04/06/20 07:02 PM (4 years, 10 days ago)

Hi all, first time posting here. I hope you are all staying safe and loving life.

I hope this is allowed but I am wondering if anyone could share some suggestions for places to look in the south that are not closed? I do not like the idea of getting caught by authorities looking for shrooms in a closed area while we are in lockdown.

I know some areas like knocklofty and waterworks remain open, but surely they're not good spots. Any other tips? I normally hunt on the Mt. PMs welcome if you don't want to share publicly.

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Trusted Identifier
Re: **OFFICIAL TASMANIAN PSILOCYBE SEASON 2020** [Re: FunnestFungus]
    #26582499 - 04/06/20 07:13 PM (4 years, 10 days ago)

they are the best two spots in hobart.

used to hit those two spots every other day way back when

Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
    #26583317 - 04/07/20 06:26 AM (4 years, 9 days ago)

Hello fellow Tasmanians :thumbup:

Hope your week is going well, and that you've already got your $750 :cheers:
Welcome to the Shroomery FunnestFungus :costanza:

Thanks obtuse & mike20 for your post concerning scorpions, thank you. I've found out that there's really not much more to find out about them.
Im hoping to speak eventually with a pest controller to find out exactly what species it was and whether or not it will F up my kit-Cat :coolcat:.  But for now im just fixing up any gaps that
they can crawl through.  Im on the second floor so unless they also live somewhere within the block of flats, im guessing that they climb the outer walls and find hole or cracks to enter/hide.

:drinkndrive::illsaveyou::manvsfish::drunkdriver2:
On the subject of heading out, it seems that each state has it's own set of rules, but I did see on the news tonight, that in NSW, people are not allowed to just go for a drive unless it's a valid reason;

Shopping/essential services
Doctor's/medicine
Work
Visit to vulnerable family or friends (not 100% sure if that's still allowed)

99% of any other activity will result in a fine.

We are all currently allowed to go exercising, but im pretty sure that if you drive far enough away from your house, say 10ks or more, the likely hood of getting a fine will be quite high.  I would like to call the police about it (might still do that) and ask what is allowed or not.  But again im pretty sure that you can't drive for 20 ks + away from your house and try to use the "im going exercising" excuse,
as they will ask why you couldn't just go for a walk or bike ride in your own suburb.

So partly for that reason and another, I've decided not to hunt this year.  I've been using Magic Mushrooms since 2011 and have only missed one season as I had a mental breakdown a few years ago.
In a way it will be good to have a break from shrooms (I may skip next year too) cause if you take too much, you'll lose the magic, then it just becomes almost an un-enjoyable experience.

Anyway, have a great week and take care :thumbup:

Edited by blessed (04/07/20 06:34 AM)

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA Flag
    #26583427 - 04/07/20 08:12 AM (4 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

blessed said:
On the subject of heading out, it seems that each state has it's own set of rules, but I did see on the news tonight, that in NSW, people are not allowed to just go for a drive unless it's a valid reason;

Shopping/essential services
Doctor's/medicine
Work
Visit to vulnerable family or friends (not 100% sure if that's still allowed)

99% of any other activity will result in a fine.

Travel in and of itself doesnt result in the spread of a virus. Coming into contact with people who are infected, or being infected oneself and coming into contact with others apparently do. Travel doesnt necessarily result in either of these. This is an unecessary measure of control and profiteering.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate