Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

No motivation
    #2655772 - 05/09/04 02:52 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I really have to hand it to you all you SGC people... just to listen to people complain, bitch, and feel sorry for themselves requires a real love for [select] humanity. :thumbsup:

I am not motivated. I'm not motivated to study for finals (I need to ace them all, they're in a week, or I'll fail this semester), not motivated to go anywhere (I barely want to get out of room to go to dinner), not motivated to exercise, nothing.

I NEED HELP! How does one get motivated?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: No motivation [Re: daba]
    #2656184 - 05/09/04 08:34 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I actually had this same problem a few months ago.  I still do, sometimes.  It's like all I wanted to do was stay in bed and read, or not do anything at all.

To help me get to work and get things done, I started putting little encouraging signs all around my computer.  Then I would make little goals and bribes for myself.  Such as, "If I do XXXX today, I'll reward myself with a XXXX later."  I would write the goal in big black letters on my bulleton board, so that everytime I passed through my bedroom I would see it.  The goal should be a single task at first so that you don't get so overwelmed, and the reward should be a special treat for yourself.  Then, gradually, you can begin adding more and more goals into the mix, though not necessarily more rewards.  (depending on how much money or free time you have! :smile: )

This worked for me.  Also, nothing makes me more motivated then when I "Just do" something.  Just force yourself to do it.  Really, once you get started with your task, it's easier to continue, and when you're done you'll feel really good about yourself. 

Other things I've noticed that can affect motivation, is what kind of foods you consume, and how healthy you are.  When I started eating healthier, I was able to get the motivation I needed to exercise, and then I was feeling good enough to do what I needed to do. 

Anyway, this is just the stuff that has worked for me, so I hope you find it just a little bit useful! 

good luck!

*me*

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#2656907 - 05/09/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

wow that's a great idea.

*thinks of rewards to motivate self with*

Edited by 0xYg3n (05/09/04 01:35 PM)

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

Re: No motivation [Re: 0xYg3n]
    #2656957 - 05/09/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

*15 minutes later........*

lol, so much for that. I don't have anything to reward myself with.

Any suggestions? LoL!

Edited by 0xYg3n (05/09/04 01:52 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2656998 - 05/09/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I gave you all the suggestions that I know of.  The reward can be something really small too...maybe just taking some time to relax and watch a favorite show on TV or something.  Or maybe going to the park for a hike around the countryside.

I don't know, heh...I'm just throwing out suggestions!  :smile:

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2657051 - 05/09/04 02:22 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I suspect your seemingly incorrigible lack of energy/motivation may be caused by a bio-chemical disparity--which can be caused by various other factors..

It can also be caused by vitamin deficiencies or other nutritional/dietary inconsistencies... so it may be worthwhile to closely monitor your sustanence-intake, and consult your physician.

Perhaps even an Osteopath may offer some insight into what may be the culprit behind your lack of motivation; certain ailments can be caused by undue pressure of displaced bones on nerves and blood vessels.

If all else fails--perhaps a psychiatrist would be appropriate.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#2657397 - 05/09/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

whoa whoa whoa..........

wait a minute..... What happened to those natural flower remedies you took. Can't you take them for your motivational needs?

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: No motivation [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2657786 - 05/09/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Honestly? I'd recommend Adderall.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: No motivation [Re: Viaggio]
    #2658252 - 05/09/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm doing final projects right now... and I would kill for some fucking adderall. :frown: God I feel shit.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#2661638 - 05/11/04 12:47 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

think of the $$$! and how your gonna be spending it!

InvisibleKthxBye
bandito furioso

Loc: bottom of the noob barrel
Re: No motivation [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #2687040 - 05/16/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Most human behavior boils down to stimulus and habit. Like many people, your response to the thought "study" triggers a "studying is work and I don't like work" response.

As someone else said, rewards can be used to link pleasure to a desired habit. Withhold coffee, food, tv, weed, sexual release, or anything you enjoy untill a rational but distasteful goal has been achieved.

Thinking about your motivation for doing something doesn't really help with getting it done. You know why you should study, thinking about the fat paychecks down the line takes the emphasis away from the task at hand.

Another thing I've noticed, you can't think of not doing something. Suppose you try to think of not-blue. Unless you think of a different color, your mind is left foundering until you think of blue. Likewise you can't think about "not smoking" because you stimulate yourself with the concept of smoking, which triggers your "I want a cigarette" habit.

--------------------
I know what he wants: a drag of smooth tobbacco blended with the finest Turkish Turkweed. Here, have a toke on me you dumb beast.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2699353 - 05/18/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

How are finals coming along, daba?
Thinking of where you might end up without an education may be good motivation too!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2699491 - 05/19/04 12:15 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Are you motivated to live a life of extreme comfort until all of it is taken away from you because you are making yourself into a lazy, do-nothing, rebellious zombie?

Are you motivated to lose all you have and live in minimal comfort for decades until you die of something that could have easily been stopped if you'd had a nice job and some cash in your pocket?

Are you motivated to do nothing until everybody who depends on you for various things watches you slip away into a life of selfish homelessness?

Are you motivated to become a junkie on the streets doing whatever you can to get enough cash for that next fix?

Are you motivated to turn into a homeless punk living off of those who are trying to support AT LEAST themSELVES?

Lack of motivation in the educational/economic/social realms can definitely turn into motivation for the above "goals."

I would suggest finding something you really like to do (usually in the creative realm for those of us who don't want to fit into the corporate machine) and finding something in it that could make you at least enough money to make you self-sufficient, then using your body and mind to go through the actions required to make said money in said field. You have no motivation because you want none. If you're willing to say fuck it to this world then so be it, but you must realize that having no motivation to do anything whatsoever makes it harder on everybody else.

That is actually my motivation in my workplace - to not let others down who are trying, who are motivated towards things.... I think motivation can feed off of itself - find some motivated people to hang around and it might rub off on you - before you know it you'll be charged up about something so passionately that others will get motivated just by hanging around YOU.

lol I hope I got my point across.... I could elaborate if necessary, but who wants to see another giant strumpling rant? Not I ;D

Peace and good luck - get off y0 ass punk!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous #1

Re: No motivation [Re: Strumpling]
    #2699719 - 05/19/04 01:50 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

x

Edited by shaos (04/09/11 07:57 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: No motivation [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #2712533 - 05/21/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

not at all, Centrum.. go for it :smile: ... I do wish you'd put that last avatar back up :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous #1

Re: No motivation [Re: Strumpling]
    #2712577 - 05/21/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

ah, for some reason the animation stopped, so i took it down.

ok i got it working again.

Edited by shaos (04/09/11 03:30 PM)

OfflineBlackPeace
Self proclaimed CEO
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: No motivation [Re: Viaggio]
    #8450099 - 05/27/08 10:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Adderal is cristal meth btw!

--------------------

InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

#8451727 - 05/27/08 06:37 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

0xYg3n said:
*15 minutes later........*

lol, so much for that.  I don't have anything to reward myself with.

Any suggestions? LoL!

I know what my reward would be... :bongload:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds