Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLizard_King
Twisted from theother side ofDeath
Male
Loc: Vansterdam
Disharmony with eating more?
    #2656926 - 05/09/04 03:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well greetings fellow mushroom fans. This is my first post here and before I get into my intended topic I would like to say that while I have only done mushrooms six times I love them.

Now, to the point, last sunday after work I decided to hang out with some friends and have a little munch. I picked up a quarter and right away munched 4gs. We then started out on a walk to have a little smoke in a more natural setting than my buddy's basement (we couldn't smoke there), however just as we got there the shrooms were making themselves known. Before we had finished the first bowl ...things... were happening. I got the chills real bad and started getting some funkily impressive visual and audio hallucenations. It started with my most frequent overall visual and my most common shroom visual. Those being little sparkly dots: mostly blue and red, interesting, but something I experience with Absinthe (Mmmm...), Cannabis and Shrooms, and Shroom-vision: Colours becoming sharper and everything taking on a more blue and red hue. Next came the more complex distortions of reality, my sense of time vanished completely, space became distorted, and the trees... Oh the trees, such amazingly trippy things. The trees began to slide back and forth and soon their colours shifted (even more) and their branches grew, and warped into wildly waving tendrils. Needless to say I was having a great time, shivering like hell and unable to communicate fully how awesome and impressive the sights were and the bliss I was feeling (though I had begun to cry a little and the beauty). This, however sadly, was the best of that trip. Next one of my friends went to the store as she needed some food to fend off the munchies. The Store was fun, but fun in a haunted house type of way. It was all so bright and commercial. A place seemingly devoid of all beauty and natural soul, instead it was crass consumerism at it's seeming worst. It was freaking out and having a great time. After this, my friend and I went out for another smoke, which I looked forward to, to calm me after such an experience. Well, we found a nice spot to sit, chilled, I regained some of the joyousness of my enshroomed perceptions. We seemed to have sat there for some time, a train passed on nearby tracks, which really tripped me out. And I got to the point where I was having such a good time I wanted to eat more. I decided to eat another ~0.7g. Well, before they kicked in I parted ways with my friend to return home and experience some music. I had a really difficult time getting home, I felt incredible nausea and pain throughout my abdominal area. To make matters worse my feet were racing along the ever shifting street, I felt as if my bladder was about to burst. And I didn't even get the sense of inner peace afterwards.

Could this effect be attributed to the fact that I ate more while tripping hard or that I hadn't fasted that day?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineinnernetter
Wizard

Re: Disharmony with eating more? [Re: Lizard_King]
    #2657036 - 05/09/04 04:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've never found that fasting made a difference. Usually just a light breakfast and lunch, also, I've eaten more when I was heavily tripping. Usually no matter what I have uneasiness in my stomach, but it's never too strong. Have you had those particular mushrooms before? Maybe it was some reaction to the strain. As for having to piss, usually I spend most of the time when I'm out and about on mushrooms looking for a bathroom. Even if I don't have to go, I convince myself that I do or will have to soon and I should start looking. I figured this was because I desperatly wanted to be alone and sit in peace without being bothered so I could get over my stomach pains and trip and not worry that I'll piss myself. I've done mushrooms somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 or 7 times, and every time I'm out in public, I get stomach pains and a constant urge to take a leak. But never when I'm safe in a friend's or my house.

--------------------
"...My milk turned to mecca, my face fell through the floor, think I found the key to heaven but I cannot find the door..." - Legendary Pink Dots

Edited by innernetter (05/09/04 04:17 PM)

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: Disharmony with eating more? [Re: Lizard_King]
    #2657065 - 05/09/04 04:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I never fast before taking mushrooms...In fact I eat more than usual that day , because having my stomach empty gives me a very quick trip, like 2 hours long , and I get really nauseous. But that's me.

Now eating a gram a few hours after the beggining of the trip wouldnt do much I guess, because of the fast building tolerance, but I think it is what made you feel bad. Maybe the trip amplified the discomfort mushrooms can give you , or your body just might had have enough of mushroom toxins and it was unhappy about getting more...

Heh but as you know physical discomfort isnt uncommon with drugs, it might not be related with what you suspect...

Edited by Grapefruity (05/09/04 04:28 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience