Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
The infamous manure inquiries
    #2656509 - 05/09/04 01:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, afoaf's just got a few questions for you manure users. First, does dehydrated cow manure do the job? Second, he's got a bin thats 12 qts. big (11x9x5 in.)- is it even worth it to use such a small bin? Third, is it possible to pasteurize by hydrating the amount he'll be using and instead of pasteurizing on the stove, put a stove-top pot in the oven? The reason I ask is becuse I don't think he has any pans that'll fit enough manure (6-8 qts). And lastly, he's got 2 qts. popcorn and 5 pf cakes (that's why he's not using a whole rubbermaid)- can these be combined to colonize the poo, allowing the use of more poo or should he stick with the 2 qts. popcorn and 6 qts. manure? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: The infamous manure inquiries [Re: obfuscatelesol]
    #2657339 - 05/09/04 05:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't have personal experience from dehydrated cow dung, but give it a shot.  I would look for completeley organic dung that hasn't been treated with anything.  12 quarts is 3 gallons, which you may not think is big, but don't think to far ahead of yourself, see how well you can cultivate a small grow first, and get used to the whole process.  Dung is potent stuff and produces some really big fruits and lots of flushes depending on strain. Yes, you can pasteurize using the "oven tek" found on the site.  I can attess to its successfulness.

I like to keep spawn for bulk seperate for sanitary reasons and so you don't waist a whole lot if it goes sour.  Also try contemplating using straw as well. :grin:

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation